Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
12915472_1_articledetail_zwei-tage-lang-haben-polizisten-die-kleingarten-parzelle-bei-hannover-durchsucht-ob-etwas-gefunden-wurde-ist-nicht-bekannt-foto-peter-steffen-dpa.jpeg

Fall Maddie: Polizei beendet Grabungen in Kleingarten

I wonder how much access CB has to what is going on via MSM. I should imagine if that was a prisoner transport vehicle that showed up yesterday (even if it contained no actual prisoners), his mind would be whirring trying to work out who it was inside. Oh dear ;)
I have wondered if prisoners get to use the Internet?

"He was there for between eight and nine months around about 2007. I went on holiday one July and when I came back he was gone.”

"While in Hannover he lived in a high-rise apartment block in Linden, a neighbourhood known for its lively nightlife. One neighbour said a man and woman who fitted the description of Brückner and his girlfriend had lived in a bottom floor flat on Liepmannstraße"

Madeleine McCann: German federal police discover sealed-off cellar near Hannover
German LE should know by now who that Hannover girlfriend was!
One neighbour said a man and woman who fitted the description of Brückner and his girlfriend had lived in a bottom floor flat on Liepmannstraße

When I read about the cadaver dog alerting to some of the McCann’s things (cuddle cat, a few items of clothing), I wondered if perhaps the intruder had cadaver smell on his hands, or perhaps gloves he was wearing. After reading about how in another intrusion, the suspect wore the victim family’s laundry on his feet, I wonder if the perp did the same to the McCann’s clothes and cadaver smell from his shoes got onto their clothes and into the laundry things? The cadaver dog also did a soft alert to a spot in the garden just outside of 5A under a window which presumably the perp could have stood while casing the place.
P.J. POLICE FILES: EDDIE & KEELA REPORT
That's an interesting new take on the cadaver dogs. But one that only works if he's been near dead bodies before - suggesting he'd killed before in whatever he was wearing.

May be worth revisiting where they went to in the flat

Some sound theories here, but I’m still convinced that what ever happened to poor MM happened close by in PDL.
Those video stills from CB’s living room combined with the “concrete evidence” claims have me convinced that the police have video of her in his home there.

This new German search is likely for more general evidence/trophies/digital records, or relating to another victim IMO. Which is unfortunate, as it seems to imply they’re still lacking enough physical evidence to convict.

Amazing how the tabs always attempt to make things sinister

The cellar is 'hidden' and 'discovered' yet apparently it was known to be there and most likely simply covered when the shed was demolished.

I wonder if these gardens are in the Verein structure common here in germany. Quite possible the shed was simply removed if in bad state and thus no one has occupied the site since.

Friends of ours have taken allotments and often you have to do pretty significant renewal. But they are popular as the long leases are very very cheap.

Some sound theories here, but I’m still convinced that what ever happened to poor MM happened close by in PDL.
Those video stills from CB’s living room combined with the “concrete evidence” claims have me convinced that the police have video of her in his home there.

This new German search is likely for more general evidence/trophies/digital records, or relating to another victim IMO. Which is unfortunate, as it seems to imply they’re still lacking enough physical evidence to convict.

Yes.

My guess is this is a speculative search after the tip off he lived there. The search at the factory revealed evidence so they have followed up with the new site.

Now we have to wait to see if anything was discovered.

Putting together CB and the VW's movements 2007

Dec - CB 'obtains' the VW when he was released from prison with MT. From where?
Dec - Where did CB spend Xmas/NY?
Jan?
Feb - BSJ - VW - (MT) + independent witness account.
Mar/Apr - Foral - Winnebago - (DF)
May/June - Orgiva - Winnebago - (MT)
June/July - Foral - VW - (AD, LS)
July? - Hanover -VW
Nov - Foral -VW
Dec - Augsburg - Winnebago? (AB)

At an unknown date, presumably 2007 the VW was in Malaga as sleuthed by WS ;).

It was suggested that it could have a Morroco connection - Looking unlikely atm

The VW was on it's way/or on it's return, to/from the Dragon Fest in March/April - Possible.

The VW was on it's way to Hanover around May or after Foral in July, or returning to Portugal Aug/Sep/Oct - Possible

The VW was in Malaga for totally different reason - Possible

*By the amount of clothing the reflected person in the VW window is wearing I would suggest that it is Spring or Autumn, it is hot in Malaga mid summer with high sun, especially if you are driving a VW camper*

We also have CB turning up late 2007 in Augsburg after reportedly being 2 weeks in Dresden.
Didn't CB turn up in Augsburg in the Winnebago?

This breakdown is entirely based on witness accounts/sightings/stories and their credibility.
How do we know the VW was in Malaga in 2007, where does that year come from? We sleuthed Malaga, did I miss how we know it was there in 2007?

Yes.

My guess is this is a speculative search after the tip off he lived there. The search at the factory revealed evidence so they have followed up with the new site.

Now we have to wait to see if anything was discovered.

But he has lived in many places and they haven't done speculative searches in them all. I believe they have much more than simply a tip-off that he lived here to undertake such a large-scale search/excavation.

Morning all!

I’m new. I’ve been reading all of your posts for weeks. I rarely post as I don’t consider myself as clever as you all.

I’ve just read on a Portuguese source that they found a cell phone during the search. Not sure how reliable the source is. Can I provide a url from a famous social media site? Not sure I can mention it’s name.

That's also my interpretation of the 'concrete' evidence statement.

I think it happened in PdL but that he recorded and possibly sold the footage. Stats suggest poor little girl was dead within hours

But I don't think they'd put that much effort into a search unless they had good reason they'd find something significant. Her clothing perhaps or, if he'd filmed it, what he wore

But

But he has lived in many places and they haven't done speculative searches in them all. I believe they have much more than simply a tip-off that he lived here to undertake such a large-scale search/excavation.

The other locations are apartments where other people now live.

You cant do excavations on those sites.

Given what was found at the factory site, it makes sense to search the allotment given he was known to bury evidence.

When I read about the cadaver dog alerting to some of the McCann’s things (cuddle cat, a few items of clothing), I wondered if perhaps the intruder had cadaver smell on his hands, or perhaps gloves he was wearing. After reading about how in another intrusion, the suspect wore the victim family’s laundry on his feet, I wonder if the perp did the same to the McCann’s clothes and cadaver smell from his shoes got onto their clothes and into the laundry things? The cadaver dog also did a soft alert to a spot in the garden just outside of 5A under a window which presumably the perp could have stood while casing the place.
P.J. POLICE FILES: EDDIE & KEELA REPORT

personally i think the sniffer dogs cant be relied upon at all.

This is just disgusting... IMO

Friends close to the suspect have previously would joke about him emerging as a suspect, saying: "Maddie's downstairs in the cellar. Come on Christian, get Maddie out of the cellar."

Police also visited a nearby garage workshop complex amid fears the rapist modified his camper van to make it "big enough to hide a child", the Mirror reports

Speaking to the publisher Dein Ghafoury, who owned a garage complex in the Linden district of Hanover, said he was today visited by police investigating the disappearance of Madeleine.

www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=12352394

Amazing how the tabs always attempt to make things sinister

The cellar is 'hidden' and 'discovered' yet apparently it was known to be there and most likely simply covered when the shed was demolished.

I wonder if these gardens are in the Verein structure common here in germany. Quite possible the shed was simply removed if in bad state and thus no one has occupied the site since.

Friends of ours have taken allotments and often you have to do pretty significant renewal. But they are popular as the long leases are very very cheap.
That was my first thought too, that the shed was in a semi - dilapitated state and had to to be demolished. That happens in a lot of allotments here in the UK.

Having a dog day today!

"He also stood out in the local nightlife due to the fact that he would bring his two dogs – a dachshund named Frau Muller and a rottweiler named Charlie – with him wherever he went."

Madeleine McCann: secret cellar discovered at former home of suspect

What do we know about the 2 dogs?
Are these the 2 dogs at the farmhouse at PDL (Cushion dog maybe :)) that the neighbor mentions that used to go through the garbage? If so, where were they while CB was in prison?
Frau Mueller was mentioned by name as being at Foral June 2007 It was said that CB had 2 dogs with him there.
Charlie is the profile image of the HW FB profile. 2010/11
Frau Mueller at the Havana Bar 2010
Bild/Spiegel Charlie on the couch in a photo in Braunshwieg 2010/12

CB between 2010/12 lets 2 dogs starve to death in Braunshwieg while he was away for 6 weeks.

Then there is the 'big brown and white dog' that MT says CB had with him in May/June, another MT discrepancy....

“He had a big dog, an old dog, a big brown and white dog called Charlie I think…"

Charlie was a brown/black Rottweiler cross breed. And MT would have been sure of his name if Charlie was the same dog the PDL neighbor mentioned.

The dog buried with the USB's possibly could be Charlie or Frau Mueller or both after he had starved them to death?

Any more info on Charlie and Frau Mueller?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member