Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
See excellent post by sleuth_d on thread 9 page 15 the post starting "More precise dating of the Malaga photo" which by studying changing features in historical images dates photo to period 7 Dec 2006 to 15 Aug 2007. In a subsequent post I suggested VW van shadow means it is summer not winter.
I say too much clothing for summer in Malaga, it's 30°+ degrees from early morning. The non AC VW would be like an oven.
Have to take also into account that the reflected person might not have anything to do with the van.

Madeleine McCann: Hidden cellar discovered at former home of suspect

German police are said to have uncovered a hidden cellar at a former home of the suspect in the Madeleine McCann case.

In a third and final day of digging, they used an excavator, ground penetrating radar, sniffer dogs and a drone in their desperate hunt for crucial evidence.

The cellar was discovered as investigators dug a deep hole 15 meters wide in the garden of a secluded holiday chalet in Seelze, outside Hanover.

Garden allotment with shed is now a holiday chalet :D

You have to laugh at the efforts to call this a secret cellar when the neighbour himself described it

I will be very interested in who closed up the cellar and demolished the shed but it seems unlikely CB is the current owner

I wonder if the Verein just has this site empty due to lack of demand?

Wasn't it reported early on they cut down tress to clear the area for the search? The trunks are probably just those trees.

I doubt that, due to the fact, that the trunk in the picture has no bark on it anymore and looks refined or even ground. Lots of people put these in their houses for decorative reasons.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200730-124209_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200730-124209_Gallery.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 75
  • Screenshot_20200730-125027_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200730-125027_Gallery.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 72
Thing is,this allotment was owned before CB,it was 'passed' to CB...how?...it was, I'm assuming from a local council?,he wasnt registered anywhere and off radar.who was the local who owned it previously and why pass it to CB?.It was also mentioned that it's been empty for many years-perhaps since CB left which can only be a good thing as it's pretty much untouched-the building was demolished as he had to have it gone before handing it back over.

When a cement block covering a hidden cellar in an overgrown German allotment was removed, sniffer dogs immediately barked repeatedly, reports the Telegraph.

The paper quotes witnesses saying that they saw the moment the BKA, the German federal investigators, lifted off a cement block covering the basement at the council-owned site.

Upon removing the huge concrete slab, a sniffer dog led the way into the cellar, barking as it descended.

An eyewitness observing the forensic search in Hanover said: “The sniffer dogs were barking quite a lot.”

Madeleine McCann news: Cops end probe of secret Hanover cellar

Very interesting! So something has been found and that could also explain the end of the excavations in that plot!

Thing is,this allotment was owned before CB,it was 'passed' to CB...how?...it was, I'm assuming from a local council?,he wasnt registered anywhere and off radar.who was the local who owned it previously and why pass it to CB?.It was also mentioned that it's been empty for many years-perhaps since CB left which can only be a good thing as it's pretty much untouched-the building was demolished as he had to have it gone before handing it back over.
I read, can't remember where, it was his friends

This is why it is a big assumption that CB is the person who demolished the shed and closed the cellar space.

Many of these gardens are managed by Vereins and each allotment is held on a long term lease.

As CB doesnt appear to have been the leaseholder as far as we know, it is most likely the allotment belongs to someone else who seems not to use it as a classic 'weekend' house, or has reverted to the Verein (if so managed)

Given what was found at the factory I would think there is a chance he hid things here.

But the 'secret cellar' seems like nonsense to me if you think about it for 5 minutes

Someone owns this land/leasehold and for whatever reason does not use it (or we are not being told the current use)

When a cement block covering a hidden cellar in an overgrown German allotment was removed, sniffer dogs immediately barked repeatedly, reports the Telegraph.

The paper quotes witnesses saying that they saw the moment the BKA, the German federal investigators, lifted off a cement block covering the basement at the council-owned site.

Upon removing the huge concrete slab, a sniffer dog led the way into the cellar, barking as it descended.

An eyewitness observing the forensic search in Hanover said: “The sniffer dogs were barking quite a lot.”

Madeleine McCann news: Cops end probe of secret Hanover cellar
Are these police dog(s) which are trained to locate cadaver scent? or to locate memory cards etc?

CB paying 1.300€ Foral rents until Dec. 2007?
He couldn't even afford to pay his own if he had any rent to pay, let alone 'buy' a VW Camper and 'obtain' a Winnebago. 2007 was a bad year for CB, he had nothing. He was no big drug running master thief with fortunes stashed away for when he came out of prison, he was stealing diesel and they probably got caught the first time they did it. He was doing odd jobs for meals and showers and working at a restaurant. If he had any money then why didn't he pay off the fine to keep the cops off his back and his best friend MT's while he was at it?

He was also living for some time like a bum in an allotment in 2007. I'm surprised he could afford the beer.

CB was also apparently broke when he arrived at AB's, It was after CB's later trips in 2008 that AB's refers to CB having Rolex's, Cameras ect.

Not saying he might not have come into some money in November 2007 though.

Last edited:
This is why it is a big assumption that CB is the person who demolished the shed and closed the cellar space.

Many of these gardens are managed by Vereins and each allotment is held on a long term lease.

As CB doesnt appear to have been the leaseholder as far as we know, it is most likely the allotment belongs to someone else who seems not to use it as a classic 'weekend' house, or has reverted to the Verein (if so managed)

Given what was found at the factory I would think there is a chance he hid things here.

But the 'secret cellar' seems like nonsense to me if you think about it for 5 minutes

Someone owns this land/leasehold and for whatever reason does not use it (or we are not being told the current use)

Are those Kleingarten rented to locals only or someone from another city may rent it? Do you have any info on this?

I don't know,maybe the allotment was leant to him for somewhere to live for a bit..someone local,maybe something to do with the mechanics he rented a place from?,he tinkered with some cars there and got somewhere to stay off grid for a year..

Could any of the vehicles he's ended up with come from that car place that he rented a place from in Hannover?

Are those Kleingarten rented to locals only or someone from another city may rent it? Do you have any info on this?

They are usually held as weekend gardens by locals on long term leases

Usually you aren't supposed to live there though people often spend weekends or summer holidays there

Exact rules depend on the Verein (like a society) that runs the group of allotments

These days they are popular with young families and there are long waiting lists to get one

So most likely he was offered to stay there by an acquaintance

That would certainly annoy the neighbours

Just to inject some reality into reporting on the secret cellar

You are not allowed to leave these structures open when the above structure is demolished

We had the same issue at our property and had to put up a building fence before we eventually dug it out years later with a JCB

That is most likely why the owner sealed the cellar when the garden hut was demolished

Waiting for some decent reporting on when that happened but it appears CB left before that time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member