Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was comparing it to the UK as well, Jaci. I know allotments here are hot property - I can’t imagine one here would lie empty for 13 years without being reallocated o_O I’m wondering if it’s registered under someone else’s name?
Maybe one of our German members can set us straight.

They've recently become cool again with families in the last few years

Often you dont own them. They are kind of a leasehold

They tend to be very cheap to take up.

Childhood information sourced from this link below:
Pictured: adoptive mother of Madeleine McCann, first suspect, Christian Brueckner | FR24 News English
1976(?) - Born in Bavaria and adopted as an infant by B & F Brueckner in Würzburg, Germany
1990(?) - Father's car accident when he was 13-14yrs old.
Christian’s disruptive and increasingly criminal behavior and deal with her disabled husband who suffered brain damage and was confined to a wheelchair after the crash
1992-94 - Between 1992 – when he was 16 – and 1994, he lived in an institution for young people with learning difficulties
Unless another link is provided, the date and information is from this article (Guardian's Timeline):
Madeleine McCann suspect Christian Brückner fled police in 1995
1994 - Convicted of sexual abuse of a child, attempted sexual abuse of a child, and carrying out sexual acts in front of a child.
1995-2007 - Police said the suspect lived in the Algarve between 1995 and 2007 apart from brief spells in Germany
Madeleine McCann suspect investigated over 2015 disappearance of German girl
Cars assosciated with CB around (?)2004-2007:
Jaguar (reported variously as black/grey/eggplant)
VW Westfalia camper van (white & yellow)
Mustard coloured VW estate - School caretaker saw Madeleine McCann suspect give kids 'sweets and toys'
Winnebago - (2007 - 2013 (???))

1995 - Flees to Portugal as an 18-year-old to escape a two-year youth custody sentence for the above offences.

1995 Aug 4 - Jair Soares (7) goes missing at beach in Den Haag, Netherlands. Tabloids report possible connection to CB.

1996 June 19- René Hasse (6) boy in the Algarve, goes missing. Possibly linked to CB. Family contacted, but latest news suggests no link (see 2nd article)
Madeleine McCann suspect investigated over two other missing children – reports
Germans 'have evidence' Madeleine McCann was killed by new suspect

1996 June 28- Carola Titze (16), found murdered in De Haan, Belgium. Possibly linked to CB.
Did Madeleine McCann suspect kill these three youngsters? - Metro Newspaper UK

1998 March 26 - Tristan Brubach (13), found murderedin Franfurt suburb of Hochst.
Maddie McCann: Missbrauchte Verdächtiger Christian B. vier Kinder in Portugal? Hinweise aufgetaucht | Welt

1999 - Returns to Germany to serve a youth custody sentence he had escaped.

2001 May 7- Peggy Knobloch (9) disappears on her way home from school in Bayreuth, Germany. Possible link to CB.
Police reviewing disappearance of another German girl in light of new Madeleine McCann suspect.

2001 June 18 - Louise Kerton (24) UK student nurse goes missing from Aachen Germany.Family wants link investigated, so far no mention by LE if it any link is being looked at.
Father of missing Louise Kerton wants Madeleine suspect questioned | ITV News

2004-2006 - 9 sexual assaults and 3 attempts on different British girls in Algarve. Specifically attempting to link attack on 10 yr old to CB in 2005. Earlier article from 2014 also references these attacks and the distinct t-shirt possibly linked.
Christian Brückner refuses to discuss Madeleine McCann case until police show ‘proof’ | News | The Times
FOUND: Shirt worn by Madeleine McCann suspect

2004-5 - Dates an English woman in Praia da Luz, Portugal. More information provided by ex-girlfriend in this article:
Madeleine McCann suspect linked to THIRD vehicle - new details made public for first time

January 15, 2004. Caught by police driving his Jaguar in Lagos, which had been seized before by customs and he was the trustee and couldn't drive it.
https://cdn-ondemand.rtp.pt/nas2.share/informacao/2020/wMaddieTJ_2606ww_288584.mp4

2004 - Hazel Behan(20) sexually assaulted in Algarve. Her attacker may be CB. Portuguese police appear to deny any link.
Irish woman raped in Portugal believes attacker may be Madeleine McCann suspect | The Irish Post

2005 - Rapes an American woman(72) in Praia da Luz.

2006- Portuguese authorities drop the rape investigation due to lack of evidence.

2006- Arrested and convicted for stealing diesel fuel in Portugal (April 7, 2006), jailed until Dec 21, 2006. Court listed address as Barrocal.
Portuguese police unwittingly destroyed Christian Brueckner's van before it could be searched | Daily Mail Online

2007 (date??) - Buys marihuana and hashish and sells it to a middle-man on the northern German island of Sylt, where it is sold on.

2007 May 3- Madeleine McCann (3) disappears from Praia da Luz.

2007 May (?)Jaguar and VW van towed to Augsburg, Germany where CB lives on/off (and registers jaguar to AB)
How Madeleine suspect slept in my attic | Daily Mail Online

2007 May/June - Visits MT in Orgiva Spain w/ Winnebago.
EXCLUSIVE: Former friend of Maddie suspect Christian B spent months with him in Spain's Andalucia and believes he's guilty - Olive Press News Spain

2007 ??- 2008 ?? - Living "off the grid" on allotment in Hanover Germany
Madeleine McCann investigators resume digging at German allotment | Daily Mail Online

2007 Nov - CB listed address as Barrocal Portugal. Blue Bedford van (co-owned with Austrian friend MT) impounded and scrapped by Portuguese LE.

2007 June-2008 (?) - CB living in Foral Portugal with German woman Nicole and her boyfriend Roman (or in his VW camper van parked at their residence). Nicole and Roman running some sort of program for troubled youth (?). Townpeople reportedly feared CB.
Madeleine McCann suspect Christian Brueckner 'terrified' villagers
EXCLUSIVE: Footage of property where paedophile and suspect Christian Brueckner lived in the months after Madeleine McCann disappeared from Portugal - Olive Press News Spain

2010- Monika Pawlak (24), sex worker, found murdered in Hanover. DM suggests possible link, article listed below suggests no link.
Germans 'have evidence' Madeleine McCann was killed by new suspect

2012- Opens a kiosk in Braunschweig, in north-west Germany.
Further information on kiosk- School caretaker reports lots of interaction with children
School caretaker saw Madeleine McCann suspect give kids 'sweets and toys'

~2012-2015 (?) - In a relationship with NM, now under police protection
Madeleine McCann: Hunt for suspect's ex who he 'beat black and blue' | Metro News

2013- McCanns appeal to the German public on TV for evidence over Madeleine’s disappearance. Brückner’s name crops up in connection with the case.

2013 September 29 - Documents seen by Der Spiegel said that in that year, he had fantasised about kidnapping and sexually abusing a child in an online chat with a friend.In September 2013, he allegedly wrote that he wanted to “catch something small and use it for days“, and then destroy the evidence.

2015 - May 2- Inga Gehricke (5) goes missing - LE investigating possibly link to CB
"The Volksstimme newspaper reported that he owned an abandoned property in Neuwegersleben, around 57 miles from where Inga went missing"
"The home was reportedly searched as part of a child abuse investigation in 2016, with officers finding a USB stick containing indecent images."
Madeleine McCann suspect investigated over two other missing children – reports

2017- Convicted of sexual abuse of a child in Germany and sentenced to 15 months in prison.
2018-Arrested in Milan and returned to Germany.
2018 - CB's apartment raided by German police looking for evidence of crime against MM.
Madeleine McCann: Suspect's flat was raided by police two years ago
2019- August – charged with the rape of a US citizen (from 2005).
2019 - December – convicted. Sentenced to seven years for the rape. Prison term not yet started pending an appeal that the conviction was unlawful but he is being held in police custody.
2020 June 4- German Police announce CB as possible suspect in Mccann's disappearance
Police announce new suspect in 2007 disappearance of Madeleine McCann

2007 (date??) - Buys marihuana and hashish and sells it to a middle-man on the northern German island of Sylt, where it is sold on.

2007 May 3- Madeleine McCann (3) disappears from Praia da Luz.

2007 May (?)Jaguar and VW van towed to Augsburg, Germany where CB lives on/off (and registers jaguar to AB)
How Madeleine suspect slept in my attic | Daily Mail Online

Nice timeline. A date for Sylt in 2007 would be very important. I think's it's still unclear where Jag was on May 4, 2007.

McCann private investigators found at least 18 incidents within 40 miles of PDL between 2004-2010 where an intruder targeted vacationing families with children: Evidence of attacks on kids before Maddie snatch

The guy attacked in the early hours of the morning, targeted British families and had a weird stale smell, according to the victims. (I wonder if the smell was because the guy was drunk? Children don’t necessarily know what a drunk person smells like. CB was known to drink a lot. Also the victims said he spoke slow or with a slur).

The description of the intruder in these attacks isn’t necessarily spot on (dark tanned skin, dark unkempt hair), but some details sound like it could have been CB (spoke English with a foreign accent). One victim said the guy wore a surgical mask and wrapped laundry around his feet (presumably to not leave any trace). (Source: Looking for Madeleine by Anthony Summers and Robbyn Swan).

IMO CB could have worn other things to disguise himself, such as a dark wig.

I’d be really curious to learn more details about these attacks.

I'm not putting blame on the parents/group etc, but still wonder if the checks were way off time-wise meaning she may have been taken long before she was discovered missing, giving him maybe over an hour "headstart" to get on the road to Germany? Have any independent witnesses/staff stated they saw the checks taking place? I feel it's quite feasible he may have driven her (particularly if she had been drugged/sedated keeping in mind the twins slept during hours following MM being discovered missing). Also, I'm not sure CB is involved with giving info re this search, is it not the case if LE speak to him about it they must charge him at that point?

Attachments

• tunnel2.jpg
    tunnel2.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 30
  • tunnel.jpg
    tunnel.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
I'm not putting blame on the parents/group etc, but still wonder if the checks were way off time-wise meaning she may have been taken long before she was discovered missing, giving him maybe over an hour "headstart" to get on the road to Germany? Have any independent witnesses/staff stated they saw the checks taking place? I feel it's quite feasible he may have driven her (particularly if she had been drugged/sedated keeping in mind the twins slept during hours following MM being discovered missing). Also, I'm not sure CB is involved with giving info re this search, is it not the case if LE speak to him about it they must charge him at that point?

I think the checks could be well out. I imagine they reported the sort of timetable they used for checking at the start of the holiday, but by the end, got a little complacent.

Would NF be described as young? She’s about the same age at CB

The neighbour in the article said this was in 2007, CB is 40 now so she would have been a young woman at the time if she was a similar age - she could have been 25/26 years old as this is was 13 years ago which would make her a young woman to me especially if she looked young for her age and the neighbour is older so he may perceive her as younger even though she an adult.

If it was NF that the neighbour saw and this allotment is where CB took his victims, she would obviously know about it if she was at the allotment with him and most likely be an accomplice/implicated.

Is it possible the NF was the one who re-registered the car in Germany while CB did the abduction to give CB his alibi as she was aware of the abduction and that’s who CB was ringing before the abduction took place? She really gives me a bad feeling and I know that’s nothing to go on but I think she will know a lot about CB and his crimes if she’s known him as long as 13 years and will willingly be friends with a monster like him.

The neighbour in the article said this was in 2007, CB is 40 now so she would have been a young woman at the time if she was a similar age - she could have been 25/26 years old as this is was 13 years ago which would make her a young woman to me especially if she looked young for her age and the neighbour is older so he may perceive her as younger even though she an adult.

If it was NF that the neighbour saw and this allotment is where CB took his victims, she would obviously know about it if she was at the allotment with him and most likely be an accomplice/implicated.

Is it possible the NF was the one who re-registered the car in Germany while CB did the abduction to give CB his alibi as she was aware of the abduction and that’s who CB was ringing before the abduction took place? She really gives me a bad feeling and I know that’s nothing to go on but I think she will know a lot about CB and his crimes if she’s known him as long as 13 years and will willingly be friends with a monster like him.

Just IMO, I highly doubt it was NF. She would have had to tow her own sprog along in 2007. Plus she had those teens to “look after” in Foral if she wanted to keep her income. So yet another gf, IMO.

(And just because I’m a nit-picker, they’re both 43 now so would have been 30 at the time :))

This is what it all comes down to (thanks for the excerpts Betty_Boop88). CB checks a lot of boxes as to the "type" of person who could commit this crime. AND he claimed to have been involved. I have not followed every suspect that has been raised on this case, but I do not recall seeing this level of focused activity and searching by LE. I truly hope they can find the smoking gun to connect him and bring some semblance of closure to the MM case.
Yes, he fits the profile perfectly. Some say it's extreme to think he is a serial killer but I think it's possible. After all, many people who commit this kind of crime are not suspected until after they have already killed several victims. Imo

Lets hope they do find some forensic evidence here as they don't have much time left to prosecute.....

The McCanns’ lawyer Rogerio Alves said police have only 22 more months to nail down the case because of a 15-year statute of limitations in Portugal.

Speaking on McCann: The Hunt for the Prime Suspect on ITV, Alves said: ‘We have a 15 years time barrier, even to manslaughter, to homicide, to certain sexual offences — and even to the most serious kind of kidnapping.

This seems horrendous and imagine the pain, if M was found after that time period and nobody could be brought to justice !

Reference: EXCLUSIVE: Madeleine McCann kidnap suspect's secret CELLAR - EBENE MAGAZINE

Regarding victims reports of their attacker giving off a stale smell.. we know CB did not have regular access to a shower, what with dogs, alcohol, diesel, marijuana, stale sweat. The man clearly stinks! Evil, vile tramp! X
Dare i suggest the smell may have been from handling deceased persons, imo, speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe Cool wannabe