DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taskforce88

Former Member
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
Thread is open again.

Very major cleanup was required. Posts have been removed, but too many to provide individual explanation (
victim/parent bashing, general off topic, images with no link, irreparable broken quotes or quoted post was removed, etc).

Please do not bring up all the old discussions unless you can state how you think it relates to this current discussion of CB as suspect #2.

Thank you.

ADMIN NOTE:

Do NOT name innocent people (individuals who have not been named by LE as either POI or suspect). If you have to discuss someone other than a victim or a POI/suspect, use initials.

Also stop posting images of random people or children. It is a terrible violation of privacy for people to have their pictures splashed over the internet on a crime sleuthing site.

Sleuth all you want behind the scenes or in private conversations (where you can invite up to 20 members to the convo), but if it's not in MSM, don't bring it to the thread.

IMPORTANT ADMIN REMINDER:

Articles that are behind a paywall cannot be direct quoted. To do so is a copyright infringement.

The whole idea of a subscription is that the content be paid for. Members can provide the link for others who may have a subscription, and can either use the short google hit summary or briefly paraphrase what the content refers to.

Just no direct quoting from the paywalled article itself. There are actually people who get paid to surf the net looking for infringements.

Please report any and all posts that violate copyright law.

Please continue discussion here.

NOTE:

This thread is dedicated specifically to discussion of the German prisoner who has been identified as a suspect in this case. Any hint or discussion of the McCann's having involvement in Madeleine's disappearance is off limits.

ADMIN NOTE:

Please review Websleuths Terms of Service, and specifically The Rules: Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc.

Posts containing links to FB or other social media accounts that do not belong to either a victim or an officially named POI/suspect are not allowed.

Some posts have been removed but if members are aware of other posts containing the above noted TOS violations, please use the Report feature to let us know so we can remove the post.

As always, members can discuss such things in private conversations (where you can add up to 20 members), but the information is not allowed to be posted on the public threads.

Thank you.

ETA: Typo > "now" was intended to be "not". Big difference there ;)

Please read the following message from Tricia:

Dear Everyone,

This will be a quick message.

We need your help as soon as possible to keep Websleuths from going dark.
COVID-19 cut our revenue drastically. We are slowly creeping back up but we are still very short.
I wish I had the money to handle myself but Websleuths is my full time job.

We have two ways to donate
CLICK HERE TO SEND USING WEBSLEUTHS PAYPAL

CLICK HERE TO GET VENMO and the user name on Venmo is Tricia-Griffith-14

Please DO NOT DONATE ONE PENNY unless you can truly afford to do so.

If you have questions please email rather that post here. My email is triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com

This is urgent. Any donation is appreciated.

Thank you,
Tricia Griffith
Owner Websleuths.com

This post lands at random and addresses some posts that were removed yesterday and some questions relating to a list of names/initials.

Please do not discuss any tips that are being or have been sent in to law enforcement. The whole world can read here and WS is not in the business of tipping criminals off to what is taking place in an investigation.

Soliciting or discussing private messaging is not allowed on the thread. If you want to PM with someone, just do it without announcing it on the thread.

Remember that ALL images require a link to the approved source. It is a violation of copyright law not to give credit to the source of their work.

Rude, personalizing attacks on other members are absolutely not allowed and will result in temporary or permanent loss of posting privileges.

It is okay to develop a list of initials/names for major case players and other individuals who may have been named in Mainstream Media or by LE in relation to the case. For individuals that have not been named in this case, it is advisable to use initials only and a description of how they may be related to the case without using their names on the list.

Click here for an example of a list that was done in another case to give an idea.

We then link it in the Opening Post and it will get carried forward in each subsequent thread that is opened. If new names come up, just Report on the post and Moderators will make revisions for you.

Any questions, please private message a Mod or Admin rather than posting them on the thread and taking the focus off the actual case.

Thanks.

Far too many TOS violation occurring in this discussion.

ALL members need to read Websleuths Terms of Service (aka The Rules) and familiarize themselves with what they agreed to upon joining Websleuths. The two thread titled "Etiquette & Information" and "Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc" contain the most important information that you need to know. Those rules are linked in my signature line at the bottom of this post.

If it is your theory or opinion, make that very clear rather than stating it as fact. Info stated as fact must be supported by MSM links, otherwise your post will be removed.

If what you state as fact cannot be supported by MSM or LE links, your post is considered rumor and rumors are NOT ALLOWED. "I read it somewhere" does not count to support your post. It will be removed.

ALL IMAGES require a link to the source. If you post an image without a link, it will be removed. That is a total waste of your time and effort, and ours.

Mods and Admins do not have time to babysit any thread 24/7. If members can't post responsibly and the TOS violations continue in this thread, it will just be closed with access only to a Media *NO DISCUSSION* thread.

Please read The Rules and post accordingly.

... All the below have been named in MSM in relation to the MM case and their initials used throughout these threads.
<rsbm>

Thank you Dlk79. Great work.

A link has been added to the opening post of this thread that connects to your above post. The link will carry forward whenever a new thread is started. At any time, members can just go to the opening post and click to take them to your post.

If members wish to have names added, just use the Report feature on the post (or jump off any post) to provide the new info and we will update your post.

PS: If we ever get time, we will go back and post the link in the previous 12 threads. Don't know when that might be but we'll try.

ADMIN NOTE:

A reminder that rumors, hearsay and innuendo are not allowed at Websleuths.

It is one thing for a member to make a mistake, but members who knowingly and repeatedly disregard this policy, just because they want to discuss what they want to discuss, face a loss of posting privileges.

ADMIN NOTE:

Just a reminder that Websleuths does not tolerate snark, rudeness or personalizing, and especially toward new members who are not yet familiar with our Rules.

Address the post and not the poster. If you can't post with courtesy and respect, just don't post or you may experience a temporary or permanent loss of posting privileges.

Questions
1. In the first week, Sic News Portugal said the owner of the Monte Judeu house was a German lady. CB did not live there, he took care of the house and the lady's dogs when she wasn't there. May be she is the same woman named by MT and CB's British ex-girlfriend. Could be the house in Monte Judeu the one of the wooden beam?
2. Why the two friends call MT to ask what to do with the CB's videos and stuff? Are they CB's friends or just MT's? Could MT steal his best friend's stash? He had a good alibi and knew where the things were. And only makes sense to fake a messy robbery if you want to cheat the owner, right?
3. What would happen if CB was going around in circles on PDL when he received the call? Would the antenna receive a signal from each of the orientations in a short period of time?
4. Do you know anything about this:
Madeleine McCann police quiz Brit barmaid in Portugal over German ex-boyfriend

Last edited:
This is all very confusing to me. And soon I won't even know what's right anymore.

This in advance: Already weeks ago I had contacted the Mail, the Sun and the portal "Anorak" by e-mail - very friendly - because they had written nonsense all the time. Of course I have not received an answer until today. Maybe my letterhead was too intimidating or my English too bad.

If the tabloids make up their own stories, that's fine, but in my opinion it is more prose than news. But if it refers to German media, at a time when these false reports are not yet in any German newspaper, and then the following day the German tabloid media copy the same nonsense from the English and embellish it further, then the whole thing becomes a farce for the consumer.

I believe in the case of reporting on CB / MM aspiring media scientists can work off later and earn academic merit.

First of all what is true:

It is true that the video of the rape of the 72 year old was the trigger for the investigation of the MM case. (ITV has presented this quite correctly)

It is true that CB said in a pub on the 10th anniversary of MM's disappearance, "what the heck, we'll have to stop now. She is dead - such a child can be made to disappear".

It is true that CB once bragged to a friend in a pub (and I seem to remember that it was not the same day) and showed him a rape video of himself.

_____

As far as I know, the video of the 2005 rape existed only once, without copies, in the house in PdL in 2006, when CBs two "friends" (who were only supposed to secure the money) took it from the house and stole both: money and camera including video. Later, one of them deliberately put the video in a car that was scrapped.

Years later, these two criminals got their guilty conscience and they went to the police to report what they had seen on the video (which probably contained other cases as well). I suspect the German authorities contacted the Portuguese authorities to assign the case and get more details. I also assume that the two guys testified as witnesses at the court case last year. Unfortunately, I cannot access the court files without a huge effort.

In any case, the video disappeared immediately and therefore could not have been shown in a pub in 2017. So it must have been a different video.

It wouldn't make any sense that two buddies, who had stolen a whole lot of money from him, would suddenly be sitting together with him in a pub again - by chance on the 10th anniversary of MM's disappearance.

Everything I have described above comes from German media and television. Since I was not CB's lapdog, I was not there.

Again, we only have MT's word that there was a stash of money and passports in the farmhouse. I think that CB was more interested in the removal of the offensive videos than anything else. IMO robbing diesel from lorries isn't something one does if one has a stash of cash and valuables.

Questions
1. In the first week, Sic News Portugal said the owner of the Monte Judeu house was a German lady. CB did not live there, he took care of the house and the lady's dogs when she wasn't there. May be she is the same woman named by MT and CB's British ex-girlfriend. Could be the house in Monte Judeu the one of the wooden beam?
2. Why the two friends call MT to ask what to do with the CB's videos and stuff? Are they CB's friends or just MT's? Could MT steal his best friend's stash? He had a good alibi and knew where the things were. And only makes sense to fake a messy robbery if you want to cheat the owner, right?
3. What would happen if CB was going around in circles on PDL when he received the call? Would the antenna receive a signal from each of the orientations in a short period of time?
Madeleine McCann police quiz Brit barmaid in Portugal over German ex-boyfriend

1 - Possible. It was mentioned that there might have been more to his job description that walking the dog ;)
2 - Was it a call? The friends offered MT to view the files makes it sound like he was in their physical presence. True, the friends could have been MT's and not CB's and I understand that angle. Was there a stash at all apart from the videos? Could MT or the friends have actually been on the videos themselves?
3 - He would get dizzy? :) Seriously, I don't know much about all the pinging that was going on.
4 - The German boyfriend may have had a connection to CB?

1. Yes, and a message in German saying "I love you, B"
2. I think so, or a visit to jail. If MT
Is outside, why call other friends? there were cameras, passports and money, right? maybe watches and laptops too?
4. hahaha.:D
5. CB may have a connection to MJ or to MJ's other ex-girlfriend, German.

Questions
Madeleine McCann police quiz Brit barmaid in Portugal over German ex-boyfriend[/QUOTE

There is a lot of conflicting info from different media sources. I do remember reading back in early June from several sources that the owners of the Monte Judeu farmhouse were a British couple. From this article it states that CB spent time dog sitting for German friends at A house in Monte Judeu, but not necessarily the farmhouse.
Madeleine McCann suspect posed as a Jaguar-driving playboy who was actually a drug-dealing drifter | Daily Mail Online

The owner of the property is a British man who rented it to the German suspect and his girlfriend. The homeowner, who asked to remain anonymous, said both UK and Portuguese police have asked for his help relating to background information on Brueckner.
'My wife and I moved back to the UK in 1992. The house was let out to friends and friends of friends to maintain occupancy, look after the land and pay the bills.
Brueckner, a known drifter, also spent time dog-sitting for German friends at a house in Monte Judeu, a few miles from the seaside.

There is a lot of conflicting info from different media sources. I do remember reading back in early June from several sources that the owners of the Monte Judeu farmhouse were a British couple. From this article it states that CB spent time dog sitting for German friends at A house in Monte Judeu, but not necessarily the farmhouse.
Madeleine McCann suspect posed as a Jaguar-driving playboy who was actually a drug-dealing drifter | Daily Mail Online

The owner of the property is a British man who rented it to the German suspect and his girlfriend. The homeowner, who asked to remain anonymous, said both UK and Portuguese police have asked for his help relating to background information on Brueckner.
'My wife and I moved back to the UK in 1992. The house was let out to friends and friends of friends to maintain occupancy, look after the land and pay the bills.
Brueckner, a known drifter, also spent time dog-sitting for German friends at a house in Monte Judeu, a few miles from the seaside.

According to the Portuguese press, the owners of the Sitio das Lajes farmhouse are British (I remember the woman's name on the property title they quickly showed). In RTP's "Jornal da Tarde" and in a interview to a Monte Judeu neighbor named Joaquim (SIC news PT) they gave the information of the German lady, who would be the previous, not current, owner of Escola Velha.

Last edited:
It's a pretty poorly worded article, I should have probably picked another to reference as there are a few.

I believe it means that CB is the acquaintance of the person robbing the house and also he is the inhabitant. If you replace the commas with brackets it makes more sense-

The house inhabitant (his acquaintance) had sat on the sofa in this sequence

This article does seem to explain it better. So if we are to believe this article, the witness only viewed the aftermath of the rape so can’t be 100% CB was the perp although he was seen sitting on the sofa.
If and its a big IF...the witnesses did destroy the evidence? Then I believe it was destroyed to stop themselves being implicated in some way. Also note the 2 Jags in photo (black one & maroon coloured one) We discussed this previously and most thought all statements to media were talking about the same car, just describing it as different colours due to lighting etc, I’m of the opinion that he probably had several Jags over the years. We have read of him previously described as a car dealer & we also know of someone of the same surname with a Jag dealership in CBs hometown? Could he have transferred the Jag over to the Owner of this dealership in Germany on May 4th? I think it could be a possibility.

The witness told the court he had also seen a second video film, showing a younger woman tied naked to a wooden beam, crying out to be released and saying she had been raped, and that in it Brueckner was sitting on a sofa.

The witness stole the video tapes during a burglary in 2006 and said he later destroyed them, horrified by what he had seen but years later reported the contents to police.

His testimony prompted detectives to trawl cold cases and they came across the report of the American widow

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member