Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So why would anyone take her seriously now?
To be fair, most reporters would accept that a police officer was a reliable source of info. The PJ seemed to be like 1970s (Birmingham 6/Guildford 4) Police - under pressure to get a result, trying to elicit a confession & without the resources that modern police have. I guess her show is a little tabloid, not Panorama & not living in Portugal, perhaps we take her more seriously than we should.

You have already mentioned before that CB's number "comes from a testimony by a former OC employee who had it entered on an old diary".

Could you look up the source?
Where can we find that info?
TIA!

Here it is at last (I thought it would be easier):

An old employee of the Ocean Club had the number in his diary and revealed who it belonged to, a then 30-year-old German who lived nearby and didn’t have a known profession.
Madeleine McCann suspect 'may have been tipped off' about family’s dinner plans

A Portuguese law passed in 2008 according to an European directive states that data is to be retained for 1 year, except by court order...

Articles 6 and 7-1-e:

Law 32/2008 of 17 July

What was it like before that? I wonder where I got 7 years from. I am sure I read it somewhere that all phone companies re MM case will keep the data for 7 years

What was it like before that? I wonder where I got 7 years from. I am sure I read it somewhere that all phone companies re MM case will keep the data for 7 years

That was in force in 2008 and I presume no data survived much more than 1 year after that.

There's no such a thing as "data re MM case". I understand your thought, but you had to retain data from an entire country to later find a number like the caller searched by HCW. And for that to be meaningful you must retain all details, include banking operations and places where mobile was loaded and all IMEI used, for each number. PJ requested a simple log for 3 days in a small area to see if there were any suspect numbers to request further data, but they only found a few such numbers that made many calls.

An old employee of the Ocean Club had the number in his diary and revealed who it belonged to, a then 30-year-old German who lived nearby and didn’t have a known profession.

When they say ‘old employee’ presumably they mean former employee. I guess it could be any one of the 4 that they brought in: Innocent men accused as Madeleine McCann inquiry went wrong

According to something i wrote before, about forensics.

Here is some development in another case that has once been linked to our suspect. As you can see, even forensics aren't a guarantee for a sentence, as long you can't link the crime for sure to the suspect.

I hope, that doesn't give a blueprint in our case, but i assume, the argumentation of CB and FF could go that way.

But IMO very interesting, because it shows what long way the prosecuters still have to go.

Trial of man accused of killing Nicky Verstappen in 1998 begins - DutchNews.nl

Gosh, the lengths an accused person will go to in order to discredit the obvious reason for their DNA on a victim or crime scene. Checking for a pulse?! Stroking a cat?! Hopefully Prosecution will demolish that defence for the codswallop that it is.

When they say ‘old employee’ presumably they mean former employee. I guess it could be any one of the 4 that they brought in: Innocent men accused as Madeleine McCann inquiry went wrong
Looks like the man with the diary was German.

The former employee of the OC who had that diary was German.
This individual (CB) was already investigated around four years ago," the officer said.
(So CB was cleared by PJ 3-4 years ago. As far as we know he wasn't investigated in 2007).
An old employee of the Ocean Club had the number in his diary and revealed who it belonged to, a then 30-year-old German who lived nearby and didn’t have a known profession. The friend said he committed petty crime including thefts and had spoken to him about the British group the McCanns formed part of. It was in 2007, days before Madeleine disappeared," it said. "The friend told him there were several apartments and the group would spend hours over dinner, leaving their valuables

Madeleine McCann suspect Christian Brueckner not involved in her kidnap, claims senior official: 'He's innocent'

The diary belonged to a former German employee; agenda antiga de um alemão
Agenda antiga confirma ligação de Brueckner ao desaparecimento de Maddie McCann

And if you read this in The Sun, diary-man could even have been one of CB's known acquaintances (we didn't know of HB, MS, MT, Mathias at the time of June 8th)
Ocean Club worker allegedly tipped off Christian B that Maddie was left alone

To be fair, most reporters would accept that a police officer was a reliable source of info. The PJ seemed to be like 1970s (Birmingham 6/Guildford 4) Police - under pressure to get a result, trying to elicit a confession & without the resources that modern police have. I guess her show is a little tabloid, not Panorama & not living in Portugal, perhaps we take her more seriously than we should.

I agree, but seeing she says she got it all wrong before, and now claims to have broken open the case, contrary to the views of HCW, i don't take her that seriously.

I agree, but seeing she says she got it all wrong before, and now claims to have broken open the case, contrary to the views of HCW, i don't take her that seriously.
Jury’s out. I’m hopeful she’s been given a steer by the Rebelo team & they are working with the Germans. Whatever is happening is extraordinary (naming a suspect, allowing tabloid scrutiny) so I hope it’s a ‘play’ (as Jack Bauer might say).

Sorry, I know it’s The Sun but I don’t recall reading this previously.
This group (perhaps just 3) are accused of being a gang of thieves. JCdS had a conviction for theft. PR was a drug addict. RR & possibly JCdS were the ones collecting money for a fake orphanage.
Revealed: Brit cops 'know who snatched Maddie' - and think they have questioned him already

From the link, I still find quite extraordinary the idea that an alleged burglar/gang of burglars, interrupted while burgling by a woken and vocal child, would decide to take the (said crying, possibly screaming) child with them, drawing unwanted attention to them, rather than quickly grabbing anything of value and scarpering out of there as fast as possible.

As a theory, it's highly implausible.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members