Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that having little girl’s clothing in the house is really significant. Why? To dress up a victim? Because it belonged to someone? He also had adult exotic clothes - wigs etc. It’s all very theatrical. I think this points again to making video to order.

This is my Red Flag no 3.

If he had children’s clothes in his house it builds a picture. Not evidence that will put him away though.

My 2 other red flags are in previous posts.

Germany cops do some fine work :p

so he is now being linked to a 11 year old boys disappearance.

Madeleine McCann: Police link suspect to missing schoolboy, 6 | Daily Mail Online

So CB is now mythical it would seem as zero sightings of him at all as the boy was in front of the parents and yet he managed to appear out of nowhere and snatch a child without being seen by anybody on the beach and at this time it was deemed the child drowned which would be a lot more logical. But now it turns out CB breathed that day so why not try and tie him to another case.
It does not say in that article that police have linked the suspect to the missing schoolboy.

It says the father was notified that investigators were reopening his son's case and "there could be no connection."

The title is misleading.

I'm always skeptical when I read, "this comes as the DM on-line can reveal..."

Does anyone know whether CCTV was gathered from the area at the time? I realize there were lots of issues with the investigation. Is absence of CCTV footage one of them?

<snip>

I may be completely wrong but wasn’t there cctv of a child and adult in Portugal shortly afterwards? Minding you if a child was abducted, you would hardly go to a petrol station with them would you?

cctv in portugal 2007
only allowed on private property.
no cctv in public areas.

Last edited by a moderator:
The tapas group.Let’s say that they all took it in turns to check on the children. Was it 3 or 4 rooms to check? I don’t know.
The point is that no one really knows if the children were all checked properly. For example they may have just listened from outside the door. Which would mean that Madeleines abduction time frame would be even bigger.
No one in the group is going to admit that they didn’t check on Madeleine properly are they, considering what happened?....
If that makes any sense?!
oldfield checked in the room that night. but in his statement he said it was the first time he had checked another couple's apartment, or another couple's children.
from reading the other couple's statements, it seems apart from this one time [21:30pm may 3rd] they all only ever checked on their own children.

i wondered why - if they were checking every 30 minutes - oldfield, having checked at 21:30, didn't get up at the same time as kate [22:00] to check his children again?

From memory there was very little CCTV in the area at the time. In the UK we have ( and have had) a much higher prevalence of CCTV than many other places in Europe.
From what I remember, police did not check surveillance cameras in the area for several days. In the crucial hours after she was taken, they did not notify border and marine police, they didn't set up road blocks, and they did not issue a Global Missing Persons alert for five days.

Imo

I don't really want to get into searching for scene photos, but typically there is a bright light outside a door, but not outside a window.

Also, if I were committing such a crime, my biggest fear would be being trapped, with no direction to run. Going out a door risks the possibility that someone is coming in, right when you open it. With the window, you don't leave the children's room, and it is right on the lane, across a low wall from parking. If anyone happened along, you could drop the child and run away in several directions. MOO.
the counter point to that... leaving an apartment holding a child via a glass sliding door, is not 100% suspicious, to anyone passing.
leaving an apartment holding a child via a window is 100% suspicious.

Apart from you don’t know and neither do the Police that CB did it. He has not been arrested in connection to this crime.

I think it's pretty clear the police have more information than we are aware of right now. We really can't say that we know the police have no idea if he did it.

And I think it's also clear that a parent who just discovered their child was missing might make a bad decision in her utter terror, like leaving the twins.

Err no. There is no special crack unit assigned this job in Germany. SY has a unit. Its regular officers. No one is Rambo in this. They look at huge case files, make calls, make contacts and then go home to their families. Its not like in the movies. It progresses slowly until some major intel or evidence is unearthed. Then they may work late for a few days. But info from years ago..... not exciting enough to cancel a BBQ. Reality...
LE usually never make offers. It has to come down from the prosecution teams but rarely will they agree.

For eg. Informant says....I have a video of a child being abused it might be of interest to you.....

Police: how did you get the video

Informant. I will tell you only if you wont press charges

Police thinking.....hmmm....this man himself could be the abuser.....

See where this leads. They can arrest the informant straightaway and check all his electronics that’s why no informant will come forward. There is no guarantees.

There are deals done all the time, especially where to criminal / informant has been helpful in a case. The police will tell the prosecution teams, but the police are the first 'port of call'. The criminal / informant doesn't ring up the prosecution and ask for a deal. The police will decide if there is any value in the information.

Just had a thought the beam footage is surely from the American tourists home, all reports are he broke into her home. So it's unlikely there is footage of other victims being tied to this beam
are you saying you looked at the beam photo interior, and then looked at the exterior photos of the holiday apartment that the american tourist stayed in. and concluded that they are the same place?

as you have these windows, i wonder if you can answer a couple of questions about them?
i have seen the demonstration of how the shutters can be raised from the outside.

it appears that the windows [i.e. the glass] lock from the inside.
so i assume that if the glass is locked from the inside, there is no way to open the glass part of the window from the outside.
how do intruders get in through the glass section of the window?
The windows do lock from inside yes, they are designed to click lock when you close them, however depending on the age of the property and windoes this can often fail, I have 3 at the moment that dont click lock as they seize over time, most will also have a key lock that locks the 2 panes together to stop one from sliding. The keys can be lost over time or some holiday lets, they will actually remove the keys so they dont go missing. The windows are not secure like those in UK and that is why most people spend extra to get metal grilles installed outside of the windows.

Culture Shock in a Spanish Home

Ironworks Spain | | | Security Rejas Spain, Costa del Sol | Portolio

Burglars will always target the properties that don't have grilles and the fact that the apartment was ground floor made it even more of a target. I don't believe someone climbed in the window but they certainly could have climbed out if they needed to in a hurry.

Edited to add. You can raise my persianas from outside about 30cm, enough to look into a bedroom from outside.

Last edited:
From what I remember, police did not check surveillance cameras in the area for several days. In the crucial hours after she was taken, they did not notify border and marine police, they didn't set up road blocks, and they did not issue a Global Missing Persons alert for five days.

Imo

A lot of that should have been done within hours, especially 'road blocks'. They could work out, time / distance and where the 'road blocks' should be placed. Even if the 'possibility' that she had been abducted was remote.

the counter point to that... leaving an apartment holding a child via a glass sliding door, is not 100% suspicious, to anyone passing.
leaving an apartment holding a child via a window is 100% suspicious.

The front door (next to the window) was unlocked as well as the sliding patio doors. The point about opening a door and not knowing what you are walking into is a valid point, which is why they may have opened the window first to check the coast was clear before going out of the door.

The front door (next to the window) was unlocked as well as the sliding patio doors. The point about opening a door and not knowing what you are walking into is a valid point, which is why they may have opened the window first to check the coast was clear before going out of the door.

You make a very valid point re opening the window to check the coast is clear in the road. It never occured to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jonnyfastball