Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mentioned a sighting before maybe someone can elaborate on it:

A possible sighting in either Spain or Portugal at a petrol station. This was reported but the cctv was wiped by the time it was checked.

Secondly I think it may have been in Holland. A woman in a shop saw a couple come in with a young child. The child said that she missed her mummy, or something along those lines.

I mentioned a sighting before maybe someone can elaborate on it:

A possible sighting in either Spain or Portugal at a petrol station. This was reported but the cctv was wiped by the time it was checked.

Secondly I think it may have been in Holland. A woman in a shop saw a couple come in with a young child. The child said that she missed her mummy, or something along those lines.

I remember that one. It was really convincing.

Yes. They were very quick to assure potential witnesses of his incarceration.

Only until Sunday, then he will be released unless he is charged for other criminal matters. They could charge him with a 'host' of other things that might of come up in their investigation, where they have proof, just to hold him for another few weeks, months etc. Time to follow up all the new leads coming in.

Can we all just agree that all previous sightings of Maddie were examined and discarded. There is really no currency in thinking she is still alive.the PJ and SY have given explanations of all sightings after 2007.

This thread is about CB as a suspect. Why bring ideas of parents childminding deficiency into it. That aspect has been discussed to death.

Only until Sunday, then he will be released unless he is charged for other criminal matters. They could charge him with a 'host' of other things that might of come up in their investigation, where they have proof, just to hold him for another few weeks, months etc. Time to follow up all the new leads coming in.
No, he will only be released if his appeal is successful.

If it is not he has to complete his sentence.

And if he is successful in his appeal then the judge could still bail him if the police charge him with other offences. Charging is not conviction. They have to bring the evidence for new charges back to court for a new prosecution. At this point most h
Judges will grant bail as the info in the media now is a few years old. Judge will ask what have you done with this info for the past few years, where is the progress, we can’t keep him behind bars in the hope that you will find something. That’s how judges take decisions.

Even if he is bailed, investigations can continue. If he tries to tamper with evidence or witness that is good as it can build a case against him. They will be watching him and he could lead police to new evidence by mistake.

Last edited:
No, he will only be released if his appeal is successful.

If it is not he has to complete his sentence.

And if he is successful in his appeal then the judge could still bail him if the police charge him with other offences. Charging is not conviction. They have to bring the evidence for new charges back to court for a new prosecution.

Even if he is bailed, investigations can continue. If he tries to tamper with evidence or witness that is good as it can build a case against him. They will be watching him and he could lead police to new evidence by mistake.

I think he will be ever so careful in his actions, there will be a lot of people who socialized with him before who will avoid him. If anything, he has a 'target' on his back, in some peoples 'eyes' he is guilty and might take the law into their own hands.

Not long to see how the release / court stuff plays out.

I think he will be ever so careful in his actions, there will be a lot of people who socialized with him before who will avoid him. If anything, he has a 'target' on his back, in some peoples 'eyes' he is guilty and might take the law into their own hands.

Not long to see how the release / court stuff plays out.

I don’t think he had much of a social circle. He was a loner by all accounts living by himself in a disused factory. He circle would have been online interactions with like minded criminals or drug dealers. They are the types who can take care of themselves and ones he will avoid. But they are also the type who won’t grass him up. He will stay put and under the radar. Its only old style police work that will get him, if it ever will.

The one thing that may get him is a huge reward. It has to be republicised in Germany. That may loosen tongues but will increase the police man hours a 1000 times. Remember, the Germans are not that invested in this UK case.

I don’t think he had much of a social circle. He was a loner by all accounts living by himself in a disused factory. He circle would have been online interactions with like minded criminals or drug dealers. They are the types who can take care of themselves and ones he will avoid. But they are also the type who won’t grass him up. He will stay put and under the radar. Its only old style police work that will get him, if it ever will.

The one thing that may get him is a huge reward. It has to be republicised in Germany. That may loosen tongues but will increase the police man hours a 1000 times. Remember, the Germans are not that invested in this UK case.

This is what I keep coming back too. Even the ‘acquaintances’ who were robbing his house and found the videos didn’t actually submit the footage nor talk of it to police until years later.

This is what I keep coming back too. Even the ‘acquaintances’ who were robbing his house and found the videos didn’t actually submit the footage nor talk of it to police until years later.

Having said that, this guy who was his landlord who he transferred the ownership of the car to - they were put in touch by a mutual friend. There’s definitely something to unpick there.

He would have had a tight network of criminals, drugs, stolen goods etc. That sort 'underworld socializing', some who might still be loyal, who know all about his 'evil traits'.

He would have had a tight network of criminals, drugs, stolen goods etc. That sort 'underworld socializing', some who might still be loyal, who know all about his 'evil traits'.

But by now we’ll have the best cops in the business - hopefully they can offer enough of an incentive to crack them.

Yes sure. But they need a huge incentive to open their mouths. They are themselves shady with a lot to hide. A huge reward might do the trick. Celebrities who pledged huge amounts 13 years ago will have to reannounce it. There is no centralised fund where they deposited the reward kitty. It has to start again. But there is time weariness in this case. Most of those celebrities won’t see mileage in it now. Sadly even the police won’t want nutcases jamming their lines looking for a reward.

But by now we’ll have the best cops in the business - hopefully they can offer enough of an incentive to crack them.

Err no. There is no special crack unit assigned this job in Germany. SY has a unit. Its regular officers. No one is Rambo in this. They look at huge case files, make calls, make contacts and then go home to their families. Its not like in the movies. It progresses slowly until some major intel or evidence is unearthed. Then they may work late for a few days. But info from years ago..... not exciting enough to cancel a BBQ. Reality...

True, there seems a lot more cohesion with law enforcement, clearly trying to avoid 'egg on face'.

Yes sure. But they need a huge incentive to open their mouths. They are themselves shady with a lot to hide. A huge reward might do the trick. Celebrities who pledged huge amounts 13 years ago will have to reannounce it. There is no centralised fund where they deposited the reward kitty. It has to start again. But there is time weariness in this case. Most of those celebrities won’t see mileage in it now. Sadly even the police won’t want nutcases jamming their lines looking for a reward.

True, loyalties frail, money does talk. Law enforcement might makes offers they can't refuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay