Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also from The Mail, more detail on the apparent windfall following MM’s disappearance which was also reported by The Telegraph...

“It was conspicuous that he had boasted about a sudden financial windfall after he returned from Portugal in 2007. Friends remember him telling them that he had found cash in a pile of clothes, large sums of money, after breaking into a home in the Algarve.

'In addition to a mobile home, he also used the money to buy a derelict factory property in the state of Saxony-Anhalt.”
If it's correct, it's an amount of money that you wouldn't associate from hotel room burglary. IMO

Also from The Mail, more detail on the apparent windfall following MM’s disappearance which was also reported by The Telegraph...

“It was conspicuous that he had boasted about a sudden financial windfall after he returned from Portugal in 2007. Friends remember him telling them that he had found cash in a pile of clothes, large sums of money, after breaking into a home in the Algarve.

'In addition to a mobile home, he also used the money to buy a derelict factory property in the state of Saxony-Anhalt.”

Who buys a derelict factory. Chills my blood what he got up to there. This is just the tip of the iceberg.

I thought the beam was from a video of the 15-20 year old victim or the 40-50 year old where attacks were carried out in the farm house.

Article l posted said the video footage was from the American, wonder if there is more? A lot of contradictions in reporting.

I doubt the McCanns or any family thinks about crime in the resort they are going to. Lots of places in Europe such as Spain and Portugal has foreign, including British , dodgy characters. I’ve been to Spanish islands before and saw how easy it was to get drugs, if that was what someone wanted.
It wasn’t called the Costa Del Crime for nothing!
So even Praia da luz would have it’s fair share of opportunist thieves. Mainly low level crime like any tourist resort.
Your more at risk of being a victim of crime abroad than you are at home. Just most people don’t see it.
Child abductions of this nature are thankfully very rare.

It's odd how people don't think the same way when they are on holiday. Let their guard down too much.

Who buys a derelict factory. Chills my blood what he got up to there. This is just the tip of the iceberg.

Article l posted said the video footage was from the American, wonder if there is more? A lot of contradictions in reporting.

It's odd how people don't think the same way when they are on holiday. Let their guard down too much.

The article that had the beam with the arrow was of the farmhouse. Someone upthread pointed out that they later removed the arrow in further publications of the photo. I think that’s the beam of interest but even press are rushing so fast they’re getting details muddled.

The article that had the beam with the arrow was of the farmhouse. Someone upthread pointed out that they later removed the arrow in further publications of the photo. I think that’s the beam of interest but even press are rushing so fast they’re getting details muddled.

Lots of reports that he did break in to her house so it's logical to conclude that he kidnapped her and held her captive at his farm. Pretty brazen to say the least.

This guy really has no limits.

'Apart from money, he was likely interested mostly in sex. Officials found numerous references to his preferences on hard drives – and violence often played a role. The investigators also discovered child *advertiser censored*. Witnesses testifying in the regional court in Braunschweig during his trial there claimed they had seen sex videos with animals and also ones in which he raped women.’

So obviously didn’t find anything at the time or they wouldn’t still be trying to link him to it years after the fact would they ?
Thankfully, it's still quite rare for children of such a young age to be abducted and murdered. It's easy to see why the police might think there could be a connection.

Thank you for mentioning the carvan Portughese number plate! I was searching it all over

Also the van didn't belong to the suspect. From the official appeal.

Just had a thought the beam footage is surely from the American tourists home, all reports are he broke into her home. So it's unlikely there is footage of other victims being tied to this beam

I've searched for the beam...is it possible somebody makes a snapshot of it and post is here. Or direct me to it.

I can’t help but feel that we will never know the truth of Madeleine. He may admit to taking her but not what he did with her. He may be charged with her murder but deny it. Who knows? He could even admit he took her and be lying.. maybe for fame?
Either way I doubt we’ll ever get the full story.

I can’t help but feel that we will never know the truth of Madeleine. He may admit to taking her but not what he did with her. He may be charged with her murder but deny it. Who knows? He could even admit he took her and be lying.. maybe for fame?
Earlier or later, we will. It's a hopeful step now

This x100

we will never know the truth as the water is too
Muddled.

MOO

What bothers me, is if a part (or a lot!) of this investigation involves people coming forward who know something or witnessed certain illegal events; how likely is that?
Then again, if true, the drinking companion seemed to have a conscience.

A lot of people who come forward are crackpots. From 1000 bits of info 1 may be true. But to sift a 100 takes a lot of manhours and time. Remember, unlike TVs, LE take annual leave, sickness etc etc.

Even as we speak the info bundle is getting so large in the offices of investigators that the poor sods are thinking of taking a holiday or calling in sick. That is reality I am afraid.

What bothers me, is if a part (or a lot!) of this investigation involves people coming forward who know something or witnessed certain illegal events; how likely is that?
Then again, if true, the drinking companion seemed to have a conscience.

I’d imagine they’re working on incentives and protection for those people who do. They’ll be a lot more going on under the surface.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jonnyfastball