Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is turning into a farce and they are trying to throw mud and hope something sticks. I’m all for investigation but so far he the evidence the papers are reporting on does not match him being linked to every crime under the sun which is what is happening. Even sky news was completely baffled at how somebody can be 50 miles away from a crime scene and suddenly he is being connected to it. Like this 6 year old boy as well when he wasn’t seen anywhere near the beach and he was presumed drowned and the parents were behind the child yet now CB could of done it.

MOO

But he’s not now suddenly being linked to Inga. His residence - the box factory - was searched at the time. This isn’t a knee-jerk pile on in reaction to the MM case.

The tapas group.Let’s say that they all took it in turns to check on the children. Was it 3 or 4 rooms to check? I don’t know.
The point is that no one really knows if the children were all checked properly. For example they may have just listened from outside the door. Which would mean that Madeleines abduction time frame would be even bigger.
No one in the group is going to admit that they didn’t check on Madeleine property are they, considering what happened?....
If that makes any sense?!

Like the guy who apparently listened next to the door rather than look in. That’s a level of detail that means she could’ve already been gone. And that he perhaps didn’t even listen in at all.

Indeed. If you got 10 people to watch a 5 minute crime clip on tv, you would actually get 10 different versions. Ranging from the descriptions of peoples clothing and the colour of their car.
As time goes on the memories will be even less reliable.

True. There are accounts today of people now saying This is him! But it’s been 13 years. Pinch of salt.

<modsnip: off topic>

Ask this German suspect. The alleged chat room he posted on, do they have it? Can it ever be found.. I know that doesn’t exactly prove he’s responsible for MM however.

Last edited by a moderator:
Devil's advocate.

He lived in the area. Where does a witness ID lead you, other than to confirm he was in the area.

As for "acting bizarrely" - is this tabloid talk? What we he doing?
I guess if he's on drugs this could explain 'acting bizarrely'?

But he’s not now suddenly being linked to Inga. His residence - the box factory - was searched at the time. This isn’t a knee-jerk pile on in reaction to the MM case.

So obviously didn’t find anything at the time or they wouldn’t still be trying to link him to it years after the fact would they ?

But why would he climb out the window, holding a child, when the door was unlocked?

And that window faced the street, I believe. Pretty risky climbing out a window holding a 3 yr old. Especially when you could just carry her out the back door. JMO
I don't really want to get into searching for scene photos, but typically there is a bright light outside a door, but not outside a window.

Also, if I were committing such a crime, my biggest fear would be being trapped, with no direction to run. Going out a door risks the possibility that someone is coming in, right when you open it. With the window, you don't leave the children's room, and it is right on the lane, across a low wall from parking. If anyone happened along, you could drop the child and run away in several directions. MOO.

So obviously didn’t find anything at the time or they wouldn’t still be trying to link him to it years after the fact would they ?

They found a USB full of child *advertiser censored*. They abandoned the case after just four weeks because they had no hard evidence. He had no alibi. I think that’s more than a hunch. Unless there’s typically more than 1 actively violent pedophile in every 50 mile radius.

Okay, so I don't want to get too much further away from Madeleine's case, but I believe Joana's case is actually very important and ended up influencing the way the McCann investigation was conducted.
Joana was reported missing on September 12, 2004. Madeleine was reported missing on May 3, 2007. In a country like Portugal, where missing persons cases are not a common thing, let alone a missing child's case, two missing girls from 2004 to 2007 was a big deal. Joana was from Algarve, so both girls went missing in the same region of the country and that's also a big deal.
Long story short, Joana was murdered by her mother and her uncle. She was violently beaten up by both of them, they hit her in the head, she bled through her nose and eventually died. It was pretty violent. It is believed they killed her because she came back from the store, to where they send her to buy some groceries, and witnessed her mother and her uncle having incestuous sex. The uncle mutilated her body and fed it to some pigs. Her body was never found, they confessed. The uncle went into great detail. At the time, this was the most violent crime against a child commited in Portugal.
So, about Leonor Cipriano's black eyes, it was not just those awful black eyes, actually. She was all bruised up, she was clearly beaten up badly.

I believe this assault was carried by these men and Amaral knew about it. He was never sentenced for actually assaulting her, he was sentenced because he made false reports which, to me, says loud and clear that he knew his guys beat her up and tried to cover it up, which didn't really work.
doc-20081024-8929343-faro220081024.jpg

Leonor Cipriano was released this Thursday: "I didn't kill my daughter"

I'm not going to discuss this case again, but for me this indicates GA is at best immoral and at worst corrupt. He makes a convincing case against the McCanns based on there was no evidence anyone else was involved. But the reason there isn't any evidence is because they messed up crime scene management and weren't quick enough.

It doesn't really matter, does it? The child disappeared while the parents were outside, nearby, visiting. They shared the task of checking on the children.

One child vanished. A German burglar and sex offender is now identified as a suspect. How he got in doesn't matter too much since we know that there was at least one unlocked entrance.

I agree, it doesn't matter what door or window was used,someone took her from her bed. The timeline for anything else doesn't stack up.

Yep and blood in the Apartment as well if I remember correctly m.

Blood in an apartment wher hundred of people had stayed. Hardly shocking.

I live in Spain and I have the same windows and shutters and I assure you that you can in fact get in and out of the windows very easily. The upper apartments accross from us have been burgled many times using windows smaller than the ones in the MCanns bedroons. It is why most properties have iron railings.

This is actually one of the reasons I didn't trust Amaral from the beginning.

I recall reading the McCanns thought the shutters didn't open from the outside and were horrified to realise they did.

But why would he climb out the window, holding a child, when the door was unlocked?

And that window faced the street, I believe. Pretty risky climbing out a window holding a 3 yr old. Especially when you could just carry her out the back door. JMO

It did appear to be at the side, l thought it was onto the stairs. Just shows there is so much information and misinformation on this. But why is the focus he went out this way? If the shutters opened from the outside it's more logical he climbed in with the intention of letting himself out of a door because he would have assumed they were locked. He might have been watching the apartment but in reality if they went out the patio its unlikely he could have seen it was unlocked.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
The simplest explanation is often the right one. He tried the door. It opened. He left by the door.
Ah the Keep it Simple Stupid principle of detective work. I guess that's expedient.

I think there's a reason the crime hasn't been solved: it wasn't the PJ, it wasn't the tapas 9, it was that the perp was very careful and very thorough in how he went about it.
MOO

Madeleine McCann: German authorities 'ignored tip-off about suspect in 2013'

Cant copy from link but this states police have both vehicles in their possession and are appealing for information on their movements around the time of the disappearance.

Suppose there wasn't any CCTV evidence. They are relying on someone reporting a sighting.

Still no mention of him being released tomorrow.

If you mean where is the info from, if you click on the link it is Sky news

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member