Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t find the source now - read so much in the last few days - but I definitely recall the bones found being those of a dog. The article specifically mentioned the breed, and it stuck with me because I didn’t know you could identify a breed of dog from its remains.[/QUOTE

If my memory is still working ok....he had two dogs...two different breeds...the article (can't produce it now) stated he left them to die (starved) in his kiosk when he went for 6 weeks to Portugal (hearsay, no facts) A usb-stick was found when the ground on his property ?? seemed to be turned up and they were under dogbones (no breed mentioned) All from the "perfect" media reports (sorry, this is sarcastic)

I agree, think the same can be said on the phone numbers. There would presumably be other numbers on the log that they will have followed up on to prove if this was CB phone. Seems they are trying to prove it was still with him right up to the event.

If I’m understanding correctly, quite a few sources seem to be reporting a call being placed during the actual abduction window. This is curious to me.
Either, it was an attempt to fabricate an alibi, in which case somebody knowingly received a call and held it open, with no conversation taking place, or somebody was on the line as a lookout, possibly the speculated “inside man”.

Can anyone think of any other reasons that would reasonably explain this call?

I’ve never burgled or trespassed myself, but I imagine conducting a phone call at the same time as breaking and entering is somewhat unhelpful in terms of stealth and silence!

I can’t find the source now - read so much in the last few days - but I definitely recall the bones found being those of a dog. The article specifically mentioned the breed, and it stuck with me because I didn’t know you could identify a breed of dog from its remains.

Oh really! Ah okay.

I’m certain a dog species was named in relation to the bones. I think it was on a translated German article on Reddit - scrolling through my history now to try and confirm!

If I’m understanding correctly, quite a few sources seem to be reporting a call being placed during the actual abduction window. This is curious to me.
Either, it was an attempt to fabricate an alibi, in which case somebody knowingly received a call and held it open, with no conversation taking place, or somebody was on the line as a lookout, possibly the speculated “inside man”.

I’ve never burgled or trespassed myself, but I imagine conducting a phone call at the same time as breaking and entering is somewhat unhelpful in terms of stealth and silence!

It was half an hour which does seem a long time. Unless it’s a catch up with family type call (not really the type) then yes, it’s odd. I think it was prior to abduction though rather than during.

The Smith family do not recognise CB as the man carrying a child towards the beach that night in 2007.

Madeleine McCann case: Key Irish witness in investigation 'doesn't recognise' new suspect
ill be honest, i'm a bit disappointed with this. i was convinced in my head that the smith sighting was CB. Although it was 13 years ago, in a dark side street, whilst they had all been drinking and not paying particularly much attention to him at the time, so i'm not sure anything can be fully reliable at this point. also...

Mr Smith admitted he was not wearing his glasses at the time he later said he thought the man could have been Gerry McCann. :rolleyes:

Madeleine McCann: Police say Irish family could have seen Maddie being taken | Daily Mail Online

Last edited:
I'm more intersted to know whether the witnesses at the hotel who saw the 2 blonde men, and the others who saw the poc-faced man, recognise him. Seen nothing in the news from them so far.

Was it Jayne?

The Smith family do not recognise CB as the man carrying a child towards the beach that night in 2007.

Madeleine McCann case: Key Irish witness in investigation 'doesn't recognise' new suspect
I'm more intersted to know whether the witnesses at the hotel who saw the 2 blonde men, and the others who saw the poc-faced man, recognise him. Seen nothing in the news from them so far.

We only have a rough window of when the abduction took place but would have only taken minutes to do. The calls could be arrangements with other accomplices or who knows. I think what is significant though is that the police have not made any appeal for information relating to the calls that took place in the window. Suggesting they perhaps already know who they were to or were about.

Deleted post...I wanted to react on the dog (bones) questions but obviously I messed up.

If my memory is still working ok....he had two dogs...two different breeds (one mixed)...the article (can't produce it now) stated he left them to die (starved) in his kiosk when he went for 6 weeks to Portugal (hearsay, no facts) A usb-stick was found when the ground on his property ?? seemed to be turned up and they were under dogbones (no breed mentioned) All from the "perfect" media reports (sorry, this is sarcastic)

Deleted post...I wanted to react on the dog (bones) questions but obviously I messed up.

If my memory is still working ok....he had two dogs...two different breeds (one mixed)...the article (can't produce it now) stated he left them to die (starved) in his kiosk when he went for 6 weeks to Portugal (hearsay, no facts) A usb-stick was found when the ground on his property ?? seemed to be turned up and they were under dogbones (no breed mentioned) All from the "perfect" media reports (sorry, this is sarcastic)

The USB was found in the box factory - box factory was in Germany, so yes, he must’ve left the dogs to die to return to Portugal.

ill be honest, i'm a bit disappointed with this. i was convinced in my head that the smith sighting was CB. Although it was 13 years ago, in a dark side street, whilst they had all been drinking and not paying particularly much attention to him at the time, so i'm not sure anything can be fully reliable at this point.

Memory is a nasty thing....there are a lot of experiments with memory in relation to crimes....everytime it shows memory has so many flaws....My advise: Google it. Other perfect examples....the innocent project.

Was it Jayne?
No. There was a blonde british holiday maker staying at the apartments with her sister I believe. In her 50s I would guess, she was on the netflix documentary but didn't catch her name. She and her sister saw two tall blonde men behaving suspiciously in the alleyway and emerging from the terrace of an apartment that wasn't occupied at the time.

No. There was a blonde british holiday maker staying at the apartments with her sister I believe. In her 50s I would guess, she was on the netflix documentary but didn't catch her name. She and her sister saw two tall blonde men behaving suspiciously in the alleyway and emerging from the terrace of an apartment that wasn't occupied at the time.

She was called Jayne Jenson? Something like that.

ill be honest, i'm a bit disappointed with this. i was convinced in my head that the smith sighting was CB. Although it was 13 years ago, in a dark side street, whilst they had all been drinking and not paying particularly much attention to him at the time, so i'm not sure anything can be fully reliable at this point.
As I recall , the Smith sighting said the man looked similar to GM, (I don't think he was saying it WAS GM). This is interesting as G Amaral said last year that the German Police were looking at a German suspect who was in prison, but GA said they were looking at the wrong person, the right person was German and also in prison and looked very similar to GM. Thoughts please.

Last edited:
As I recall Smith sighting said the man looked similar to GM, (I don't think he was saying it WAS GM). This is interesting as G Amaral said last year that the German Police were looking at a German suspect who was in prison, but GA said they were looking at the wrong person, the right person was German and also in prison and looked very similar to GM. Thoughts please.

He said he was similar to Gerry. He also appeared to have decided that Gerry was to blame for MM so I took it to possibly mean similar in a different respect!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MandyLynn1109