Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No worries. She was a good witness. I’d like to hear from her again.
You'd have hoped that someone would have been in contact with the sisters by now to ask them when you consider the descriptions they gave matching. The fact we've heard nothing on it in the press could mean they have confirmed CB was one of them.

Hi all, new here. Sleuthing for the first time. I was reading through the police files and seen this in anonymous communications

Service Information

Date: 2007-06-24

Subject: Phone call to police station about the disappearance of Madeleine

I inform you that today, at about 13:50, I received a phone call from a female individual, of Portuguese nationality, who did not want to identify herself.

She said that on 11th May 2007, at about 18:00 she saw a motor caravan with number plate VR xxxx (driving about in Lobios-Geres.

Inside, on the passenger seat was a girl who was very similar to Madeleine in all respects, the driver of the vehicle was aged about 35-40, about 1.75-1.80m tall, with short very light brown hair and well built.

She says that given the proximity of the Spanish border, the motor caravan must have been heading for Spain.

redacted full registration which is available on the website (if this is against rules please let me know and I’ll edit my post)

No worries. She was a good witness. I’d like to hear from her again.
You'd have hoped that someone would have been in contact with the sisters by now to ask them when you consider the descriptions they gave matching. The fact we've heard nothing on it in the press could mean they have confirmed CB was one of them.

Sorry I’m new, so please bare with me.

IMO the Mccann child checks were fairly frequent. Also in my experience, people often nip back to their room for a cardigan, playing cards etc. I feel like someone near or watching the whole table in the restaurant tipped off the abductor. Perhaps CB wasn’t the abductor, but the earlier sighting of the 2 Dutch/German men could be him and another doing reconnaissance.
Sorry no link to that as I can’t find it.

There could have been two people who abducted her, one on look out and to assist if they got into difficulty.

Last edited:
Sorry I’m new, so please bare with me.

IMO the Mccann child checks were fairly frequent. Also in my experience, people often nip back to the room for a cardigan, playing cards etc. I feel like someone in or watching the restaurant tipped off the abductor. Perhaps CB wasn’t the abductor, but the earlier sighting of the 2 Dutch/German men could be him and another doing reconnaissance.
Sorry no link to that as I can’t find it.

There could have been two people who abducted her, one on look out and to assist if they got into difficulty.

The Dutch connection is totally new for me....who...what...?

I'm more intersted to know whether the witnesses at the hotel who saw the 2 blonde men, and the others who saw the poc-faced man, recognise him. Seen nothing in the news from them so far.

Agree, Jayne Jensen seemed a credible witness, and described what sounds like CB, & another fair haired man.

Then there is Carole Tranmer, the lady who saw the fair haired man opening the gate from the balcony above

Madeleine witness says Christian B IS man she saw near apartment

“I saw someone leave the apartment of the first floor, closing the gate very gently. It appeared very strange.

“He did this as though he wanted to make the minimum amount of noise, that is stealthily, and as if he did not want anyone to know that he was coming or going.

“He was 30 to 35, light-skinned, no freckles, he was not sunburned, he was not dark, he was a light colour.”

Also, the 12 yr or girl Tasmin Sillence’s sightings,,,;

‘A man and van like his were spotted several times before Madeleine went missing from the Ocean Club apartment in Praia da Luz.

Archived statements also describe a tall, slim, white man staring at the block days before she vanished.

Tasmin Sillence, 12 at the time, told police she saw a white man in dark glasses with his gaze fixed on the complex.

Moments later, she looked up and saw a girl around Madeleine’s age on a sun deck in the same block.

Tasmin provided police with the photofit picture circulated at the time which bears a striking resemblance to Christian B, 43. It would appear Christian B's name and background were known to police all along.

She told Judicial Police she was walking to school at 8am on April 30 when she first saw the man at the rear of the family’s apartment. Her statement said the man was staring at the empty balcony.

On May 2, she saw the same man on her way back from a supermarket. Police records state: “She saw the man, this time in front of the Ocean Club reception, once more looking at Madeleine’s house.”

Tasmin, who is British and is still believed to live in the area, described the man as light-skinned, and around 5ft 9in, clean-shaven with short, possibly blond hair.’

Together with Jayne Jensen and her sister’s sighting of the two blonde males, that makes for a few similar sightings in and around the day of MM disappearance ...hmmm....

Agree, Jayne Jensen seemed a credible witness, and described what sounds like CB, & another fair haired man.

Then there is Carole Tranmer, the lady who saw the fair haired man opening the gate from the balcony above

“I saw someone leave the apartment of the first floor, closing the gate very gently. It appeared very strange.

“He did this as though he wanted to make the minimum amount of noise, that is stealthily, and as if he did not want anyone to know that he was coming or going.

“He was 30 to 35, light-skinned, no freckles, he was not sunburned, he was not dark, he was a light colour.”

Also, the 12 yr or girl Tasmin Sillence’s sightings,,,;

‘A man and van like his were spotted several times before Madeleine went missing from the Ocean Club apartment in Praia da Luz.

Archived statements also describe a tall, slim, white man staring at the block days before she vanished.

Tasmin Sillence, 12 at the time, told police she saw a white man in dark glasses with his gaze fixed on the complex.

Moments later, she looked up and saw a girl around Madeleine’s age on a sun deck in the same block.

Tasmin provided police with the photofit picture circulated at the time which bears a striking resemblance to Christian B, 43. It would appear Christian B's name and background were known to police all along.

She told Judicial Police she was walking to school at 8am on April 30 when she first saw the man at the rear of the family’s apartment. Her statement said the man was staring at the empty balcony.

On May 2, she saw the same man on her way back from a supermarket. Police records state: “She saw the man, this time in front of the Ocean Club reception, once more looking at Madeleine’s house.”

Tasmin, who is British and is still believed to live in the area, described the man as light-skinned, and around 5ft 9in, clean-shaven with short, possibly blond hair.’

Together with Jayne Jensen and her sister’s sighting of the two blonde males, that makes for a few similar sightings in and around the day of MM disappearance ...hmmm....

This is promising, except I have never seen a single identikit that looks like CB.

I think it's just that other nationals may not find it easy to distinguish between Dutch and German people.

Hahaha, I'm Dutch...and I can clearly distinguish between them...especially between Dutch, German and English....and Portugees....etc.

Sorry messed up again.....

Last edited:
Actually I'm not into all the possible victims he could have been made...but better be sorry for what you did (investigate) then be sorry for the things you didn't do.

We have this beautiful 7 years old boy missing...Jaïr Soares...from Monster (sorry it's called like this) beach in 1995.

The disappearance of seven-year-old Jair Soares (1995)

Jair Soares is on the day in question (4 August 1995) a day at the beach at Monster. His father, mother and younger brother are with him. A neighbor also joins the company with her daughter.

His father decides at some point to buy fries with the three children at the Beach Club Beach Club. The boy's mother also follows, the police say. But then Jair Soares disappears from view.

Never again has a trace of the 1.20 meter long boy been found. The police say to take into account that he has fallen victim to "a terrible crime".

So either CB is a very slick serial killer with all these unsolved murders (even with his DNA available, I assume?) or the media is wildly speculating. I understand why - but if all this turns out not to be him, are all these papers at risk of a lawsuit? He seems a horrible person and guilty of awful proven things, but being linked to 5 child murders if he didn't do it seems unfair. I hope this post does not come off wrong. I am sure LE is 99% positive of his guilt (at least in the MM case) and trying to get enough to convict, but just trying to educate myself on what is "libel" and what is fair game!

Actually totally not.
maybe someone who knows the difference would be able to tell, but in most countries, people would describe 'the british accent' as covering the whole geographic area of the UK, well that can be Scottish, Cockney, Geordie, etc etc. they all sound nothing like but no one can really distinguish the difference apart from knowing they are all British. hope that makes sense

I'm more intersted to know whether the witnesses at the hotel who saw the 2 blonde men, and the others who saw the poc-faced man, recognise him. Seen nothing in the news from them so far.

Someone shared a link days ago where the witness/es who saw the 2 blonde men said it was him and that they were totally sure. You would have to trawl through the last week to find it. EDIT: Just seen that @Bastardo kindly re-shared it for you. EDIT NUMBER TWO, this is not the article I was referring to. The one someone had shared said the witnesses were convinced it was CB. You would have to trawl about a week's worth of posts to find it. Unless there is a search facility?

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually totally not.
maybe someone who knows the difference would be able to tell, but in most countries, people would describe 'the british accent' as covering the whole geographic area of the UK, well that can be Scottish, Cockney, Geordie, etc etc. they all sound nothing like but no one can really distinguish the difference apart from knowing they are all British. hope that makes sense
MOO most can tell the English and Irish/Scottish apart.

Another question -why doesn't the man carrying the child to the beach come forward? Surely anyone in the area was aware of the case and would follow enough to know about that publicized sighting? That alone makes me think it is the abductor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolofeist