Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree, Jayne Jensen seemed a credible witness, and described what sounds like CB, & another fair haired man.

Then there is Carole Tranmer, the lady who saw the fair haired man opening the gate from the balcony above

Madeleine witness says Christian B IS man she saw near apartment

“I saw someone leave the apartment of the first floor, closing the gate very gently. It appeared very strange.

“He did this as though he wanted to make the minimum amount of noise, that is stealthily, and as if he did not want anyone to know that he was coming or going.

“He was 30 to 35, light-skinned, no freckles, he was not sunburned, he was not dark, he was a light colour.”

Also, the 12 yr or girl Tasmin Sillence’s sightings,,,;

Madeleine witness says Christian B IS man she saw near apartment

‘A man and van like his were spotted several times before Madeleine went missing from the Ocean Club apartment in Praia da Luz.

Archived statements also describe a tall, slim, white man staring at the block days before she vanished.

Tasmin Sillence, 12 at the time, told police she saw a white man in dark glasses with his gaze fixed on the complex.

Moments later, she looked up and saw a girl around Madeleine’s age on a sun deck in the same block.

Tasmin provided police with the photofit picture circulated at the time which bears a striking resemblance to Christian B, 43. It would appear Christian B's name and background were known to police all along.

She told Judicial Police she was walking to school at 8am on April 30 when she first saw the man at the rear of the family’s apartment. Her statement said the man was staring at the empty balcony.

On May 2, she saw the same man on her way back from a supermarket. Police records state: “She saw the man, this time in front of the Ocean Club reception, once more looking at Madeleine’s house.”

Tasmin, who is British and is still believed to live in the area, described the man as light-skinned, and around 5ft 9in, clean-shaven with short, possibly blond hair.’

Together with Jayne Jensen and her sister’s sighting of the two blonde males, that makes for a few similar sightings in and around the day of MM disappearance ...hmmm....
Is that tabloid article you are quoting saying that a 12 year old girl, who alleged after the abduction that she'd seen a man before the abduction, is now saying, 13 years later, that she is convinced she recognizes that man?!! That 12 year old who is now 25 must have remarkable powers of observation and photographic memory!

The whole 'witnesses say they saw a suspicious man' has almost no importance to solving the crime, IMO, because none of those witnesses saw these people while the crime was being committed. It's one thing to witness and describe someone you saw during the crime, that will be both a memorable sighting and a genuinely possible perp.

But to have just randomly observed people, who were just normally going about their day, as one does every minute of every day that you are outdoors, and then only after the abduction, to start thinking 'oh, maybe that was suspicious', then try to remember what the person looked like? And for anyone to trust that as a genuine memory that can possibly solve a crime? IMO really not anything you can rely on.

I'm English and I've met English people who couldn't tell the difference between German and Dutch, which surprised me, but it happens.
Also when I was in Philippines my girlfriend couldnt tell a North American from an English person either. "It's the same" she would shrug. :D
Well, I'm Italian and my accent is unmistakable :p

Warning, if your sensitive, please don't read.

They really need to search all the places he has stayed or known to have visited with 'Cadaver Dogs', to the best of my knowledge, pigs don't eat bones. So how would he have disposed of Maddie's bones?

In recent visits to Nikumaroro Island they took 'Cadaver Dogs' to search for evidence, Amelia Earhart, is missing since 1937 (presumed dead), So however clever CB thinks he is, Dogs are much clever by a country mile.

I understand you completely and I feel with you. Must be very hard to look at, especially if you have (little) children yourself. Remember this are pro's, they only be exposed to it for a maximum amount of time and there is professional psychological help around to consult all the time. Personally I'm more concerned about the children. What about them? ...

Of course, it’s a given that the impact on the children is of the utmost concern... l was just thinking about how hard something like that would be hard to get out of your mind after viewing. Not minimizing the effect on the precious little ones at all.

Is that tabloid article you are quoting saying that a 12 year old girl, who alleged after the abduction that she'd seen a man before the abduction, is now saying, 13 years later, that she is convinced she recognizes that man?!! That 12 year old who is now 25 must have remarkable powers of observation and photographic memory!

The whole 'witnesses say they saw a suspicious man' has almost no importance to solving the crime, IMO, because none of those witnesses saw these people while the crime was being committed. It's one thing to witness and describe someone you saw during the crime, that will be both a memorable sighting and a genuinely possible perp.

But to have just randomly observed people, who were just normally going about their day, as one does every minute of every day that you are outdoors, and then only after the abduction, to start thinking 'oh, maybe that was suspicious', then try to remember what the person looked like? And for anyone to trust that as a genuine memory that can possibly solve a crime? IMO really not anything you can rely on.
If you read the article it just mentions the fact a 12yr old saw a man of a similar description at the time, not that she recognises CB now.

It says Carol Tranmer said it was him she saw since his picture was made public. It then mentions another unnamed witness who claims she was shown a picture of CB previously and that she told police she saw him around the apartments.

While it doesn't confirm any culbability of the crime, if several witnesses come forward and confirm it was definitely him they saw, it does start to build a case, especially if he tries to give himself an alibi by saying he was elsewhere. He'd have to explain what he was doing there. I'm wondering if police have already approche Jayne Jensen and been given that information.

I'm far from up to date on all the MM story, so apologies if this was ruled out.

The story of the masked man going into the apartments and sitting on childrens beds?
Did masked predator kidnap Madeleine? | Daily Mail Online

And also this today, from Anthony Summers. co-author of the book "Looking For Madeline" re the Ocean Club employee who had CB's telephone number.

"Christian B himself had been a waiter at some point. We don't know whether he'd been a waiter at the Ocean Club, but he'd been a waiter and knew other waiters that could have known there was an entry in the reservations book.

"Did he learn from somebody who was complicit, not necessarily at all in abducting or murdering Madeleine, but perhaps in how to take advantage of people being away to rob an apartment?

"Was there an accomplice in that respect on the staff of the Ocean Club?"

Madeleine McCann: Suspect Christian B was 'tipped off by Praia da Luz hotel worker'

Warning, if your sensitive, please don't read.

They really need to search all the places he has stayed or known to have visited with 'Cadaver Dogs', to the best of my knowledge, pigs don't eat bones. So how would he have disposed of Maddie's bones?

In recent visits to Nikumaroro Island they took 'Cadaver Dogs' to search for evidence, Amelia Earhart, is missing since 1937 (presumed dead), So however clever CB thinks he is, Dogs are much clever by a country mile.
I believe pigs don't eat teeth either.

But it says they’ve spoken with police, which is all that’s required really.

The British woman in question dated him from 2004-5, well before Madeleine went missing. Her ex-husband (who presumably she has married and divorced in the 15 years since) is the one saying he won’t talk to the press, he probably knows his ex-wife’s ex-boyfriend was horrible to her and that’s all.

I posted a link in the media thread yesterday that the German police have had 400 tips since this news broke about CB. As long as people are telling police what they no, it’s no biggie if they don’t want to tell the media as well.
I agree and being in the UK and knowing how horrendous most of our media is (worst in the world imo, especially the Daily Mail who outright lie), I wouldn't want to talk to them either, like you say, as long as they've talked to the people who count that's all that matters

Personally I doubt he is involved. Portuguese Police knew about him in 2007 and searched his van, he was dismissed. Scotland Yard had the files from 2012 and didn't flag him up, not the phone call his past history none of that was enough to make him stick out to them. They now say they are open-minded about him being a suspect where as Germany have known about him since 2013 but don't have enough to charge him.
There has even been talk of German police monitoring him in jail hoping he will confess, that's not much to go on.

I have some sympathy for them in that they clearly weren't set up to deal with a case like this, but with all that is coming out now, I'm inclined to agree. Especially if the JC case does turn out to be linked.

Please explain what you mean by "weren't set up to deal with a case like this." I'd figure law enforcement in most places could quickly seek outside assistance for a case like this, and there really isn't anywhere LE shouldn't have a solid plan for a missing person's case or possible kidnapping IMO. But I'd like to hear more about your view.

Personally I doubt he is involved. Portuguese Police knew about him in 2007 and searched his van, he was dismissed. Scotland Yard had the files from 2012 and didn't flag him up, not the phone call his past history none of that was enough to make him stick out to them. They now say they are open-minded about him being a suspect where as Germany have known about him since 2013 but don't have enough to charge him.
There has even been talk of German police monitoring him in jail hoping he will confess, that's not much to go on.

All of which took place before he confessed in a bar to snatching her and simultaneously confessed to the rape of the 72 year old woman which led to a conviction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BadWiring