Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question about the alleged note which Kate says she saw in the reservation book which may have tipped the abductor off that there were unattended kids in the apartment:

So, I know the PJ files don't contain any reference to the note, even though they show the pages of the reservation book.

Has there ever been an explanation given to why they're missing from the PJ files? I could have sworn that the Netflix doc contained an image of the note, however flicking through it just now I couldn't find it. Is there any evidence at all of the note aside from Kate mentioning it in her book?

I thought all hotel employees had been interviewed at the time (2007).

I was watching the last episode of the Netflix documentary and they mention a few British tourist children reporting a foreign man speaking English coming in their beds, sometimes just lying there, and in a few cases a sexual assault. that's weird if true. I wonder if they will connect him to those cases, because if there was an assault there could be DNA.

How many weirdos were running around that town if it wasn't him? (or the abductor)? Going into beds of children on vacation? Wouldn't that be on the news? In doc they complain that the British Consulate would have issued a warning because surely if there was a warning no one would have left the kids out of their site. I believe the Portuguese probably know a lot more about these crimes but did not want to disclose for tourism reasons.

If true, they will get it back now. No one will believe them on the virus infections or safety procedures if they covered up things for years on this.

Is that tabloid article you are quoting saying that a 12 year old girl, who alleged after the abduction that she'd seen a man before the abduction, is now saying, 13 years later, that she is convinced she recognizes that man?!! That 12 year old who is now 25 must have remarkable powers of observation and photographic memory!

The whole 'witnesses say they saw a suspicious man' has almost no importance to solving the crime, IMO, because none of those witnesses saw these people while the crime was being committed. It's one thing to witness and describe someone you saw during the crime, that will be both a memorable sighting and a genuinely possible perp.

But to have just randomly observed people, who were just normally going about their day, as one does every minute of every day that you are outdoors, and then only after the abduction, to start thinking 'oh, maybe that was suspicious', then try to remember what the person looked like? And for anyone to trust that as a genuine memory that can possibly solve a crime? IMO really not anything you can rely on.

The power of the brain and memory during distinctive, memorable or traumatic events. I could still describe to you someone I was a victim of 25 years ago and who was never caught. I banked this face and body and have never forgotten it because it was crucial to me to remember what they looked like.

I was watching the last episode of the Netflix documentary and they mention a few British tourist children reporting a foreign man speaking English coming in their beds, sometimes just lying there, and in a few cases a sexual assault. that's weird if true. I wonder if they will connect him to those cases, because if there was an assault there could be DNA.

How many weirdos were running around that town if it wasn't him? (or the abductor)? Going into beds of children on vacation? Wouldn't that be on the news? In doc they complain that the British Consulate would have issued a warning because surely if there was a warning no one would have left the kids out of their site. I believe the Portuguese probably know a lot more about these crimes but did not want to disclose for tourism reasons.

If true, they will get it back now. No one will believe them on the virus infections or safety procedures if they covered up things for years on this.

I think CB would be brazen enough to do this. Was their a description of the perp?

Welcome and good spot by you! If it was CB and his hair was dirty it would have looked more light brown than blonde.

Speaking of various colors .... notice how some of CB's photos his eyes are very dark brown and in others very blue .... I know lighting can have a slight effect but I have never seen such contrast before

The power of the brain and memory during distinctive, memorable or traumatic events. I could still describe to you someone I was a victim of 25 years ago and who was never caught. I banked this face and body and have never forgotten it because it was crucial to me to remember what they looked like.
Yes, I agree. That would be memorable. That's not what I was saying. I wrote specifically excluding witnesses to an actual crime.

But none of these witnesses of supposedly 'suspicious' men, believed they were suspicious when they saw them. Because no crime had been committed yet.

Do you go about your pleasant, happy days at a safe vacation resort, seeing people and saying to yourself: that person looks suspicious, I'd better try to memorize what they look like?

No, it is only after a horrible crime, which you did not experience yourself, but you go back in your mind thinking: did I see him, the abductor? Maybe he was actually hanging around the resort in the days before hand. And especially if you read in the news/hear by gossip stories of other witnesses, then you try to recreate a memory of someone you glanced at days before. That is what I am saying is unreliable.

So we have two sightings of a man carrying a sleeping child. Tannerman and Smithman. One man game forward, who wasn’t the GP that Gerry player tennis with.
Is it possible they both saw the same man? How reliable are the statements?
Seeing a man carrying a child wouldn’t draw suspicion.

I’d guess Praia da luz is a fairly small town, so the locals must know each other you would assume? Can anyone confirm where CB was?

Does anyone know how many people were staying in the hotel then? Early may so wouldn’t think it would have been that full.

Last edited:
I feel awful for the McCann family if this is the nearest that they've ever got to answers and it doesn't come to anything. And all the publicity and stories that have been put out in the last few days!
Yes, I can't imagine them hoping they will finally have closure only to be let down once again. It has been such a long journey for this family.

In regard to all the stories put out by the media, is the information about all these witnesses coming from LE, or have their names been leaked and reporters are just tracking them down and interviewing them?

That was thoroughly investigated. Witnesses described him as African. The chief suspect died. Madeleine McCann suspect 'died in 2009'

The perpetuation of disproved theories just goes to show you cannot use the Netflixs documentary as a reputable source for this crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Before.the.dawn