Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I doubt he is involved. Portuguese Police knew about him in 2007 and searched his van, he was dismissed. Scotland Yard had the files from 2012 and didn't flag him up, not the phone call his past history none of that was enough to make him stick out to them. They now say they are open-minded about him being a suspect where as Germany have known about him since 2013 but don't have enough to charge him.
There has even been talk of German police monitoring him in jail hoping he will confess, that's not much to go on.
I feel awful for the McCann family if this is the nearest that they've ever got to answers and it doesn't come to anything. And all the publicity and stories that have been put out in the last few days!

Sorry I’m new, so please bare with me.

IMO the Mccann child checks were fairly frequent. Also in my experience, people often nip back to their room for a cardigan, playing cards etc. I feel like someone near or watching the whole table in the restaurant tipped off the abductor. Perhaps CB wasn’t the abductor, but the earlier sighting of the 2 Dutch/German men could be him and another doing reconnaissance.
Sorry no link to that as I can’t find it.

There could have been two people who abducted her, one on look out and to assist if they got into difficulty.

Good points.

All of which took place before he confessed in a bar to snatching her and simultaneously confessed to the rape of the 72 year old woman which led to a conviction.
I was thinking about the confession - I wonder what proof was provided to the police by the drinking companion? They couldn't just take his word for it.

It was half an hour which does seem a long time. Unless it’s a catch up with family type call (not really the type) then yes, it’s odd. I think it was prior to abduction though rather than during.

There are those scenarios where you accidentally phone someone by redialling and don't realise you are calling them - particularly happened more with old style phones I believe. My other half was always doing that. Usually it happened if it was in his pocket and he'd been bending etc.

I was thinking about the confession - I wonder what proof was provided to the police by the drinking companion? They couldn't just take his word for it.

It was believed or discussed that the information he gave to Police corrorborated with details of the actual attack.

Of the 72 year old rape victim? Have they released any details as to why they took his confession to knowing about M seriously?

Of the 72 year old rape victim? Have they released any details as to why they took his confession to knowing about M seriously?

No. None. Aside from the fact that most people wouldn’t say something like that in their wildest dreams. But then, he’s not exactly conformist.

But you would hope that the police have more from the conversation other than him perhaps " boasting" through alcohol and on seeing M's face on the screen, that he knew something about it.

I’m certain a dog species was named in relation to the bones. I think it was on a translated German article on Reddit - scrolling through my history now to try and confirm!

Animal, dog, husky, shepherd and cross have all been mentioned. "Animal bones" seems now to be the consenus. No pigs, IIRC.

But you would hope that the police have more from the conversation other than him perhaps " boasting" through alcohol and on seeing M's face on the screen, that he knew something about it.

I think they’ll have more detail. I would imagine that if he was keen for this man to believe he was capable (as you’d think given that he followed up with a video of a rape) then he’d have given him a couple of specifics.

There are those scenarios where you accidentally phone someone by redialling and don't realise you are calling them - particularly happened more with old style phones I believe. My other half was always doing that. Usually it happened if it was in his pocket and he'd been bending etc.

If they are planning a burglary, it's stuff like time - check, nobody will get hurt - check, nervousness - check, those sort of conversations can go on for a long time. CB was probably used to it all, where as his 'look out', party to the criminal activity, say it's his first time, so probably needs loads of reassurance.

If they are planning a burglary, it's stuff like time - check, nobody will get hurt - check, nervousness - check, those sort of conversations can go on for a long time. CB was probably used to it all, where as his 'look out', party to the criminal activity, say it's his first time, so probably needs loads of reassurance.

Wasn’t the phone call supposedly to an employee of the ocean club?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BadWiring