Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #26

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He claimed that the reason the McCanns' friends didn't dob them in was because, if it emerged that they knew MM was being left unattended, they would all lose their own children too. This is the law in Britain apparently. So they all conspired to hide the killing and coverup, see. The way you would.

HCW's comment on GA to JC was, apparently, "Thank God he's not a police officer any more".

Apologies to LilyB , and thanks for clarifying. They've used the same pic and called the documentary exactly the same as the itv show hence the confusion.

No problem, thanks

Yes, reading through these new CM articles, I've noticed a few little things that don't quite correspond with previous reports so it's hard to know which are correct. As you say, they report it as being a Facebook conversation whereas most of the other reports on this exchange said it was on Skype. In one of the other reports it mentions that a range of messages were found on both platforms though, so I expect this is just one of those exchanges and there's been a mix up in the reporting as to which platform it appeared on.

There's a few other things too, one of the CM reports that one of the videos MS and HB found was of the DM rape and that it was even used to convict CB for the crime. I'm pretty sure that's untrue. They also seem to indicate the police later identified one of the victims as a 15 year old girl. But surely if that was true, he would have stood trial if they know who the person was?

One thing that I did find interesting relates to that online exchange with the other paedophile. In the transcript shown on CM there are three ellipsis ... shown in amongst the exchange indicating there are parts of the conversation that have been redacted. But there is an indication of what they discussed and I do wonder if the police have chosen to redact it because it points to an area where they may have found evidence.

The first ellipsis appears after the friend says he doesn't have any new videos and CB says "Ok. Anyway sending films this way is dangerous". He is obviously referring to the act of sharing paedophilia content over the internet.

The second ellipsis appears just before CB says, (according to the CM transcript): Then [before they meet] I will record a lot of films. Which is then followed by the third ellipsis.

What CM then indicates in the report (without showing the actual exchange) is that CB and the friend were discussing meeting up in three months time, and that they live in distant cities. And that CB was promising to have new videos to show him at this meeting.

We've known about this Skype exchange pretty much from the start but I don't recall seeing that detail before and it does make me wonder why it was not made public. It indicates that CB was very conscious about putting content online but was sharing cotent in person, probably on hard drives, with other paedophiles. If police have been able to track down some of these other people, it is possible they may have uncovered content that CB has given to them. CB may be totally oblivious to this too, thinking his original copies are well hidden or even destroyed.

I also find it odd that the UK tabloids are not reporting on these 'new' findings given how many non-stories they've reported over the last 12 months. The only report I've seen was from the Daily Star where they spoke about CB talking about liking danger situations and killing a person faster than an animal. But what is strange is there were other details in those CM articles, far more shocking, which they have chosen not to print.

I do wonder if some of the stuff CM are reporting is the result of PJ leaks and not something the BKA wanted in the public domain and hence why the UK tabloids have not repeated it. JMO.
Glad you're back & posting..!

Maybe, but they've printed loads of other stories about CB's past, and the comments from CB's friend in those CM articles are definitely newsworthy enough, at least in terms of the benchmark of what they've printed previously. In terms off duplicating stuff, I don't think they'd care about that, especially since hardly anyone in the UK will have read these CM articles.

I agree it's strange not to print.

The GA stuff, I kind of understand why they haven't printed. He is a disgraced cop, with a clear agenda in trying to discredit the CB investigation. I have actually read through his articles in CM too and they are quite pathetic..

Usually the tabs love that stuff as it's great click bait but I presume they worry about getting sued for repeating it.

Madeleine McCann cops in mock trial to test evidence against Christian Brueckner

Prosecutors trying to nail the prime suspect in Madeleine McCann ’s disappearance are planning a mock trial to test their evidence.

They will stage it behind closed doors in a bid to strengthen their case against Christian Brueckner, 44. German investigators made the decision after meeting Portuguese police last week.

A source said: “It will be a sort of trial run to see how strong their case is and see what more evidence might be needed to charge him. They are 100 per cent convinced but want to test arguments under cross-examination.”

It’s believed the trial “rehearsal” will take place at the investigators’ office, with lawyers split into prosecution and defence teams.

Another unnamed "source" but if true it could be sign that things really are about to start gearing up for a trial.

Last edited:
Madeleine McCann cops in mock trial to test evidence against Christian Brueckner

Prosecutors trying to nail the prime suspect in Madeleine McCann ’s disappearance are planning a mock trial to test their evidence.

They will stage it behind closed doors in a bid to strengthen their case against Christian Brueckner, 44. German investigators made the decision after meeting Portuguese police last week.

A source said: “It will be a sort of trial run to see how strong their case is and see what more evidence might be needed to charge him. They are 100 per cent convinced but want to test arguments under cross-examination.”

It’s believed the trial “rehearsal” will take place at the investigators’ office, with lawyers split into prosecution and defence teams.

Another unnamed "source" but if true it could be sign that things really are about to start gearing up for a trial.

I'm surprised it's only in the daily record, not seen anywhere else yet

Not where I come from as coaching witnesses is not allowed.

Not sure on German rules.
You're probably correct but the laws in Germany do appear to take a different view on witness preparation. This article talks about how witnesses are used in mock trials in Germany. Although the article seems to be mainly about civil cases rather than criminal ones so I'm not sure if the same logic transfers over.
The limits of witness preparation in German court and arbitration proceedings

The Daily Star has taken the plunge with some of the CM stuff........

"And he claimed convicted paedophile Christian Brueckner told him: "I like to see catastrophe situations. I need dangerous situations."

The unnamed mate said Brueckner told him he took pleasure from torturing, was attracted to children and would kill a person "faster than an animal".

These revelations are in case files German police have compiled about Brueckner’s alleged involvement in Madeleine’s disappearance."

Madeleine McCann suspect 'had fetish for dangerous situations', pal tells cops

Last edited:
The Daily Star has taken the plunge with some of the CM stuff........

"And he claimed convicted paedophile Christian Brueckner told him: "I like to see catastrophe situations. I need dangerous situations."

The unnamed mate said Brueckner told him he took pleasure from torturing, was attracted to children and would kill a person "faster than an animal".

These revelations are in case files German police have compiled about Brueckner’s alleged involvement in Madeleine’s disappearance."

Madeleine McCann suspect 'had fetish for dangerous situations', pal tells cops
Yes they printed it a couple of days ago but doesn't it seem odd how they left out other details from the CM reports? Like that CB confessed to accidentally killing an ex-gf while drunk? In the Star they say the friend is 'unnamed' but the quotes appear to be from the same friend that CM do name as 'A' (I won't state his full name here) who talks about CB confessing to killing the ex to his then girlfriend.

In the CM article where it talks about these comments CB made about "killing a human faster than an animal", it does only say 'a friend' gave these details but in another of the articles it mentions it again and says that CB only confided these things to the friend after he had gained his confidence. Which is exactly what they quote the friend 'A' as saying in the other article about the ex-gf. Could just be a reporting mix-up but it sounds like it's the same friend that CB made both statements to.

CM also state that it was the testimony of 'A' that initially put CB at the centre of the investigation. Do they therefore mean that it was 'A' who CB apparently confessed to knowing what had happened to MM in 2017? If so, it could mean there are indeed two separate confessions, one to 'A' in 2017 and one to HB in 2008 that perhaps corroborate certain details?

Yes they printed it a couple of days ago but doesn't it seem odd how they left out other details from the CM reports? Like that CB confessed to accidentally killing an ex-gf while drunk? In the Star they say the friend is 'unnamed' but the quotes appear to be from the same friend that CM do name as 'A' (I won't state his full name here) who talks about CB confessing to killing the ex to his then girlfriend.

In the CM article where it talks about these comments CB made about "killing a human faster than an animal", it does only say 'a friend' gave these details but in another of the articles it mentions it again and says that CB only confided these things to the friend after he had gained his confidence. Which is exactly what they quote the friend 'A' as saying in the other article about the ex-gf. Could just be a reporting mix-up but it sounds like it's the same friend that CB made both statements to.

CM also state that it was the testimony of 'A' that initially put CB at the centre of the investigation. Do they therefore mean that it was 'A' who CB apparently confessed to knowing what had happened to MM in 2017? If so, it could mean there are indeed two separate confessions, one to 'A' in 2017 and one to HB in 2008 that perhaps corroborate certain details?

Yes I think so.
I/We'd touched on the idea on a previous thread that there may be a completely different witness to HB MF and MT.
Like you say, this 'A' may have lead BKA to MT and possibly MF regarding MM and the rape of DM.
Perhaps there was not enough to corroborate HB's statement/ evidence to OG at the time (2016)?

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member