Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #26

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I have always had in mind is searches etc in Portugal will need warrants, which means HCW will need to show his hand to some extent, at least to PJ, if not publicly.

Even if owners consent to searches, PJ will need to be convinced that the project is not a wild goose chase, otherwise it will just cause more embarrassment.

Is this guy just a sex offender fantasist who put himself in the frame?

Initially, yes, I believe he did, inadvertently, put himself in the frame.
But BKA must have more evidence like you say. The evidence can't be just 'character references' and stories from CB's past associates.
There must be a lot more IMO.
Could there be witnesses who saw him after MM's disappearance, did he shop, what did he buy, did BKA trace other phone calls, did he borrow 'tools' or stuff from friends, when living out of the van?. Small pieces of the puzzle I know, but could all complete the puzzle IMO.

We know what it's like from following other cases here. The amount of detailed evidence that comes out in court compared to what's in the public domain beforehand is quite surprising.

JMO

Last edited:
KM said she would have noticed any smell in the bedroom on her check @ 10 pm but she didn't .
Now CB is described as someone who smoked weed ? I believe this is a recognisable smell which comes off the person and picked up by those around . I can detect cigarette smokers despite they say they haven't been smoking !
Wouldn't he ,had he been in that apt. a few minutes earlier have left an odour ?

Anxala I too can’t help but think photographic evidence would be too good to be true. Ofc it could be something circumstantial like for example her pyjamas in one of the photographs. Something that indicates a post kidnapping time frame event for HCW to conclude that she is dead. CB seems too sure of himself that they have no evidence against him…that’s either him bluffing, or he thinks he’s done too good of a job at covering his tracks. Time will reveal more pieces of the puzzle but perhaps still not the entire picture.

It's very hard to say with any certainty in the absence of the alleged concluding facts that HCW/the BKA claim to have that drive their conviction.

^ re the above BIB, the 3rd option of course is that CB had nothing to do with it, hence his response to the accusation.

That CB is a thoroughly nasty, dangerous piece of work is a given. That he's responsible for MM's disappearance and death is just not. Not yet, anyway.

Last edited:
This is my feeling with the "Carnival of mirrors" theory

Is this guy just a sex offender fantasist who put himself in the frame?

The fact he's such a braggart and a loudmouth, and careless with it, does make me wonder...

KM said she would have noticed any smell in the bedroom on her check @ 10 pm but she didn't .
Now CB is described as someone who smoked weed ? I believe this is a recognisable smell which comes off the person and picked up by those around . I can detect cigarette smokers despite they say they haven't been smoking !
Wouldn't he ,had he been in that apt. a few minutes earlier have left an odour ?

No, wouldn't say so, just cos people smoke weed doesn't mean its 24/7, and if you tend to smoke it outside, you wouldnt end up stinking of it just like normal smokers, some people stink of it some don't.

Another thing to mention, never thought of it before, but one of those pics he drew, had a blue curtain, but when you look at the top, it's like it's a shower curtain, could he of been hid behind the shower curtain when GM did his check?

Doesn't mean he chain smoked joints though.
Lots of people who partake now and then might class themselves as 'weed smokers' doesn't mean to say they do it every day or stink of smoke all the time.

Another thing to mention, never thought of it before, but one of those pics he drew, had a blue curtain, but when you look at the top, it's like it's a shower curtain, could he of been hid behind the shower curtain when GM did his check?
The shower screen over the bath in 5A was fairly translucent as per PJ crime scene photos taken on 4/5/07
https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/P9/09_VOLUME_IXa_Page_2311.jpg

My own opinion has long since been that the intruder hid behind the long curtains in the parents' bedroom when he heard GM entering through the patio door.

More from Correio da Manha today (behind a paywall again but here are the visible points)
Amigo diz que Christian Bruckner usava sempre luvas quando cometia crimes

A friend of Christian Bruckner, suspected of having kidnapped and murdered Madeleine McCann, said the German was very careful not to leave any traces when he committed crimes. The revelations made to the German police even show that he would always wear gloves so as not to leave fingerprints. That may have been what happened in Praia da Luz - the authorities defend - since there will be no evidence of the suspect's passage in that house.

--------------------------
Another swipe at GA's assertions that the lack of fingerprints, other than Kate's, proved the abduction was staged?

KM is an unreliable witness though. That's a fact and a well documented one, courtesy of both the PJ files and her own book.

I'm not being provocative here, just factual.

She really can't and shouldn't be used here to give credence to any aspect of this current investigation.

How would he know in a dark room that there were long curtains in there? How likely he wouldn't have made any sound moving about if he heard GM opening the patio door ? Having said that wouldn't an intruder have left it open anyway in order to make his getaway?

More from Correio da Manha today (behind a paywall again but here are the visible points)
Amigo diz que Christian Bruckner usava sempre luvas quando cometia crimes

A friend of Christian Bruckner, suspected of having kidnapped and murdered Madeleine McCann, said the German was very careful not to leave any traces when he committed crimes. The revelations made to the German police even show that he would always wear gloves so as not to leave fingerprints. That may have been what happened in Praia da Luz - the authorities defend - since there will be no evidence of the suspect's passage in that house.

--------------------------
Another swipe at GA's assertions that the lack of fingerprints, other than Kate's, proved the abduction was staged?
Madeleine Mccann - Suspeito de raptar Maddie confessa desejo de violar crianças
I thought it was a Skype chat, but maybe both FB and Skype?

"The conversations are part of the German process, writes Correio da Manhã."

How would he know in a dark room that there were long curtains in there? How likely he wouldn't have made any sound moving about if he heard GM opening the patio door ? Having said that wouldn't an intruder have left it open anyway in order to make his getaway?
Hypothetically, if the intruder heard someone entering through the patio door, he would be trapped in the children's bedroom if he didn't leave. As I see it, exiting via the window was neither the quickest, easiest or most silent option and being seen or caught would certainly have thwarted any intended abduction, both at the time or in the near future. He had 2 other options - bathroom or parents' bedroom. The bedroom was the more viable option & provided at least 2 hiding places - behind the long curtains or laying on the floor to the side of the bed nearest the window. If you look at the crime scene photo of the parents' bedroom window taken in the early hours of May 4th you can see some of the shutter slats are partially open which would have potentially allowed a low level of light into the room.
https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/P1/01_VOLUME_Ia_Page_22.jpg

The shower screen over the bath in 5A was fairly translucent as per PJ crime scene photos taken on 4/5/07
https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/P9/09_VOLUME_IXa_Page_2311.jpg

My own opinion has long since been that the intruder hid behind the long curtains in the parents' bedroom when he heard GM entering through the patio door.
And they are blue, so GM went through front door twice, and so cb behind patio door curtain, I will leave it there, don't want get in the door descussion again

I'd say CB has robbed from these apartments before, and knew the lay out. Most rooms are all same in complex like these

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mjinmidwest