Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect #28

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There were some things new to me, but I’m glad no documentary has revealed things unknown to HCW. I’ve not followed a case before where the public knew all the evidence of the prosecution ahead of trial. I’m expecting in this case to learn lots if it does reach trial and becomes public knowledge. I’m sure then we may have both “I knew it! and “never woulda guessed that!” moments. Some feelings have stayed with me throughout.

At the beginning I felt that the filming was to gain membership of specific online communities (remember how CB took off his mask at the end of one video thereby proving it was him?!) and to make money (which he seems unable to save). His ideal job with how he likes to get his kicks. Have also always been suspicious of NF, of what she knows/has been involved in.

There will be people who we won’t know of until/if it reaches trial - after all is it really standard behaviour to talk in the media (why would anyone want to do that, other than money)?!

I really hope those closest to MM find the answers they are looking for, though I suspect if they do they will struggle to find peace afterwards.

HCW stated that the following last year -

From 2018 to 2020 nobody knew what we were investigating, even though there was a very large contingency of police and investigators involved.’ How many, he wouldn’t say, but he insisted the group had only increased in size since 2017. ‘I am only allowed to tell you that we have had between ten and 100 police officers working on the case since last year due to potential public complaints over numbers compared to other cases. But it is towards the upper figure and the number has not shrunk at any point. It has only got bigger and we still have plenty of work to do.

So, they've been working on this case for nearly 5 years now, with 50 to 100 officers still working on the case. The cost of that is HUGE, I think it's extremely naive to believe that all they have against CB is a phone ping, a profile that fits and hearsay confession from another criminal. When they've ploughed that much time, money and resource into it, you can be pretty sure that there must be something a whole lot more behind it that we don't yet know about.

This isn't the Met who have their own political agenda, or the PJ who ultimately had responsibility to tackle the case. The BKA have absolutely no reason to get involved, they could just hand the evidence over and be done with it. The reason they don't? For me, I can only think that they 100% "know" he did it and feel like they can get a conviction. Even without so many of the key elements that are normally required, including a body and forensic evidence. But therein seems to lie the problem, it's not what they know but what they can prove in a court of law and with no sign of those things available (against whoever was reponisble), it's no easy task.

That was the reason for the appeal IMO, getting those last pieces of the puzzle in order to get the charge over the line. And one of the key things IMO relates to das buch and das buch 1, the 'autobiographic' writings said to be penned by CB. I think they want to prove these accounts are factual through other evidence and (without having to rely on using the writings at all) get convictions for those first. Then when it comes to the MM case, where they don't have as good evidence like forensics in the DM rape and (allegedly) the HB rape, they can then pull out the writings about MM and prove through those previous convictions that these aren't just "fantasy" accounts.

Regarding the TV documentaries, again, bear in mind that if there were any massive new revelations found (that could really help the case), they would have been prevented from broadcasting them before the BKA were ready anyway. So it is still possible there is other evidence they found that is being kept hidden for the BKA case while they follow it up. Speaking of which, the continued silence on the MWT doc is very curious...

Last edited:
scroll down a bit and you will see about the evidence for a trial. anything goes.
but that is the whole point of why this case might not reach the trial stage.
enough evidence to open the investigation, enough evidence for the public appeal but maybe not too many circumstantial evidence to be certain CB would be convicted.

moreover, could I please ask as a favour that you add sources to what you are saying, so that interested parties could follow your argumentation.
thanks!

BIB

This is exactly what I said. They opened an investigation based on a hearsay confession and perhaps writings, but such things will be weak at trial.

I've said all I want to say on this.

From 2018 to 2020 nobody knew what we were investigating, even though there was a very large contingency of police and investigators involved.’ How many, he wouldn’t say, but he insisted the group had only increased in size since 2017. ‘I am only allowed to tell you that we have had between ten and 100 police officers working on the case since last year due to potential public complaints over numbers compared to other cases. But it is towards the upper figure and the number has not shrunk at any point. It has only got bigger and we still have plenty of work to do.

So, they've been working on this case for nearly 5 years now, with 50 to 100 officers still working on the case. The cost of that is HUGE, I think it's extremely naive to believe that all they have against CB is a phone ping, a profile that fits and hearsay confession from another criminal. When they've ploughed that much time, money and resource into it, you can be pretty sure that there must be something a whole lot more behind it that we don't yet know about.

This isn't the Met who have their own political agenda, or thee PJ who ultimately had responsibility to tackle the case. The BKA have absolutely no reason to get involved, they could just hand the evidence over and be done with it. The reason they don't? For me, I can only think that they 100% "know" he did it and feel like they can get a conviction. Even without so many of the key elements that are normally required, including a body and forensic evidence. But therein seems to lie the problem, it's not what they know but what they can prove in a court of law and with no sign of those things available (against whoever was reponisble), it's no easy task.

That was the reason for the appeal IMO, getting those last pieces of the puzzle in order to get the charge over the line. And one of the key things IMO relates to das buch and das buch 1, the 'autobiographic' writings said to be penned by CB. I think they want to prove these accounts are factual through other evidence and (without having to rely on using the writings at all) get convictions for those first. Then when it comes to the MM case, where they don't have as good evidence like forensics in the DM rape and (allegedly) the HB rape, they can then pull out the writings about MM and prove through those previous convictions that these aren't just "fantasy" accounts.

Regarding the TV documentaries, again, bear in mind that if there were any massive new revelations found (that could really help the case), they would have been prevented from broadcasting them before the BKA were ready anyway. So it is still possible there is other evidence they found that is being kept hidden for the BKA case while they follow it up. Speaking of which, the continued silence on the MWT doc is very curious...

this is a very good post Dlk79. well said.

BIB

This is exactly what I said. They opened an investigation based on a hearsay confession and perhaps writings, but such things will be weak at trial.

I've said all I want to say on this.

good - but next time some links and sources would be really appreciated, like the article you linked to in another post!

This isn't the Met who have their own political agenda, or thee PJ who ultimately had responsibility to tackle the case. The BKA have absolutely no reason to get involved, they could just hand the evidence over and be done with it. The reason they don't? For me, I can only think that they 100% "know" he did it and feel like they can get a conviction. Even without so many of the key elements that are normally required, including a body and forensic evidence. But therein seems to lie the problem, it's not what they know but what they can prove in a court of law and with no sign of those things available (against whoever was reponisble), it's no easy task.

I had forgotten about those resourcing numbers

I've always been surprised that a German prosecutor would want to take all this on for a murder of a non national outside of Germany

I do wonder at that commitment level if they fancy him for something local...

I had forgotten about those resourcing numbers

I've always been surprised that a German prosecutor would want to take all this on for a murder of a non national outside of Germany

I do wonder at that commitment level if they fancy him for something local...
Maybe local, maybe international, maybe both. As I think Super has said before, there’s been a few large scale operations recently that have closed down abuse networks, which surely is worth the time, money and effort whichever country is involved. I think in the online world once you start pulling a thread…..

Please do not despair. We have no idea about the existing evidence and the strategy of the prosecutors. So, as i said before, simplification is the key....

A missing child and a person who probably told more than once to different people that he knows what has happened. It is very likely that this person really knows what happened and the circumstances this person is into right at the moment are very likely to make HIM speak about it.

Just be patient! Maybe it's the best decision to take a break. Maybe he gets a few more years for other crimes. Some day he will boast about his possible "perfect crime", because a simple rape conviction won't give him any "fame" in prison.

Sounds evil, but that's how his deranged mind could work....

IMO FF should convice "Holger" to do the big show!

FF wanted the case, but there is no case yet. Must be boring for FF. No big show for him.

So what to do? Retreat from the defence, or putting some fuel into the fire? Let's go Friedrich!!!

We'll see....;)

Last edited:
I was looking at the screenshot of the compilation of letters CB wrote to JR (and one to MWT too). What struck me is that there is one letter -which I cannot make out (!) - where his handwriting is not at all neat and artistic like the others. A handwriting expert would be very handy for that!

IMO FF should convice "Holger" to do the big show!

FF wanted the case, but there is no case yet. Must be boring for FF. No big show for him.

So what to do? Retreat from the defence, or putting some fuel into the fire? Let's go Friedrich!!!

We'll see....;)

You could drink a tall glass of Holy water in Hell before I’d believe FF wasn’t/isn’t aware of CB’s correspondence with MSM and isn’t giving him direction. He stopped him corresponding with Sky previously, so how has he since lost control? He hasn’t been sacked nor has he quit, as far as we’re aware, so I can only deduce that he has some input. If CB was corresponding with MSM against FF’s advice, surely he wouldn’t go on representing a loose cannon?

You could drink a tall glass of Holy water in Hell before I’d believe FF wasn’t/isn’t aware of CB’s correspondence with MSM and isn’t giving him direction. He stopped him corresponding with Sky previously, so how has he since lost control? He hasn’t been sacked nor has he quit, as far as we’re aware, so I can only deduce that he has some input. If CB was corresponding with MSM against FF’s advice, surely he wouldn’t go on representing a loose cannon?

Interestingly, in one of his letters CB states that any requests for interviews need to first go to his legal team... and then in the next paragraph, goes on to ask for more details about when the interview could take place and asks to bring him in touch with MWT as well!

Interestingly, in one of his letters CB states that any requests for interviews need to first go to his legal team... and then in the next paragraph, goes on to ask for more details about when the interview could take place and asks to bring him in touch with MWT as well!

Maybe it’s just me, but if FF truly believed in CB’s innocence, wouldn’t he tell him to keep shtum and let the lack of evidence speak for itself? He’s in a privileged position with CB. Never again will he have a case where so many people are already convinced of his client’s innocence pre-trial - and willing to put money behind it - purely because his surname isn’t McCann. FF knows CB has a willing audience.

Last edited:
Maybe it’s just me, but if FF truly believed in CB’s innocence, wouldn’t he tell him to keep shtum and let the lack of evidence speak for itself? He’s in a privileged position with CB. Never again will he have a case where so many people are already convinced of his client’s innocence - and willing to put money behind it - purely because his surname isn’t McCann. FF knows CB has a willing audience.
You are very spot on. That is why FF has been frequenting conspiracy theory FB pages and most probably has spoken to GA... to follow that lead in his own investigation into the case... but why has he stopped talking? And again who is paying him ?

You are very spot on. That is why FF has been frequenting conspiracy theory FB pages and most probably has spoken to GA... to follow that lead in his own investigation into the case... but why has he stopped talking? And again who is paying him ?

Because he’s giving CB enough rope to hang himself?
Perhaps he found something out on his fact-finding expedition to Portugal that didn’t sit well with him, but so long as CB keeps on denying, FF has to keep on representing?

Something that maybe makes him second guess letting CB look after his dogs?

I was looking at the screenshot of the compilation of letters CB wrote to JR (and one to MWT too). What struck me is that there is one letter -which I cannot make out (!) - where his handwriting is not at all neat and artistic like the others. A handwriting expert would be very handy for that!
Maybe depends who’s writing, Holger or CB ! :confused:

Because he’s giving CB enough rope to hang himself?
Perhaps he found something out on his fact-finding expedition to Portugal that didn’t sit well with him, but so long as CB keeps on denying, FF has to keep on representing?

Something that maybe makes him second guess letting CB look after his dogs?
Did he know about CB's treatment of his dogs when he was saying those things? Or the videos he had involving animals? I wonder...

Did he know about CB's treatment of his dogs when he was saying those things? Or the videos he had involving animals? I wonder...
Well, we knew on here, it was discussed at the time he made the comment. If FF wasn’t aware, then I know of a few web-based, non-trained solicitors that could do a better job for CB ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
martin andreasen