Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Placing the phone in his hand at 8pm places him in the vicinity of the crime scene, close to the time of MM's disappearance. So that's the critical aspect to why it's important to prove he had the phone on him at that time IMO.

The authorities have told us about that specific call at 8 o'clock and that they want to find the other caller to verify it was CB they spoke to. I don't believe they've actually said that there was only one ping from that number over that three day period though. JMO.

IIRC there is no ping data for those masts?

All i have ever seen is call data.

I am not sure law enforcement knows when phones were turned on and off, came in range of the local towers etc?

He got away with the DM rape for 14 years, a crime where he was shown to be quite savvy and cautious not to leave any trace. He would have continued to evade justice for that if it wasn't for a single rogue hair.

As we know, these sex offences have very low clearance, even when DNA evidence is left behind.

I was reading about a historical one in the US recently (from the early 00s) where police didn't take the complaint seriously, and the accused when on to kill 2 women. He should have been stopped before that, when he left DNA at a crime scene, but it wasn't matched because of the failures on his earlier offending.

ADMIN NOTE:

As previously posted, this thread is dedicated specifically to discussion of the German prisoner CB who has been identified as a suspect in this case. Any hint or discussion of the McCann's having involvement in Madeleine's disappearance is off limits.

is it the parents did it camp ? i have no problem with conspiracy theories especially in political murders/ppl with friends in high
places .. i am all for it
but germany being involved in a worldwide cover up for the very important mccanns is too much
I see no conspiracy involving the parents camp did it, look at the supposed mates dobbing him in, whats in it for them, thats where it all falls down, some one never reckoned or was savvy enough to realise how an investigation works. The BKA rightly so having CB put to them on a platter have investigated him, saying they're sure he's the one is jumping the gun , 20 odds months down the line shows it. They looked at him in 2013, the evidence if it exist was there then as it is today, that phone call was always there. SY interviewed locals on the back of phone call's look where that got them, its not a game changer, the girls remains and some one leading them to them is all that will solve this imo.

Last edited:
I feel there has been serious interference from the very start of the case involving persons far more important than the McCanns, though the parents have done themselves little favour by their early behaviour. OG was set up to fail and looks as if it will close down shortly. The Germans are also likely to fail, but whether they get a conviction or not, those in the shadows will be left well in the clear.
As to what really happened to Madeleine, I doubt we'll ever really know.

Purely a personal view.

So the BKA actually has the phone in question? Not just the number of the phone allegedly owned by CB at the time?

This article says that prosecutors have traced the phone CB used. The handset pings the mast at the same time as the SIM. IIRC one of the early documentaries on CB also featured an image of a mobile phone in an evidence bag.
Phone call by Christian B 'made from outside resort where she was snatched'
You think it likely the documentary producers got access to the evidence room to photograph the phone?

My guess is that will be a stock image
Stock image or not, the inference is the same. Copies of documents from the AB search in 2018 were pictured on German TV, showing that the classification of the investigation was murder (MORD) so there have been leaks.

This supposed link to CB sounds a bit tenuous.
"it emerged he may also have contacted an underground international network of depraved child abusers called Boystown."
“Amongst all this data, we could also find information on the Maddie case."

I
I feel there has been serious interference from the very start of the case involving persons far more important than the McCanns, though the parents have done themselves little favour by their early behaviour. OG was set up to fail and looks as if it will close down shortly. The Germans are also likely to fail, but whether they get a conviction or not, those in the shadows will be left well in the clear.
As to what really happened to Madeleine, I doubt we'll ever really know.

Purely a personal view.

IMO I don’t think there has been serious interference by political VIP’s.

Amaral makes claims about major political inference & corruption in his book, but IMO it reads like a 9 y/o in a creative writing class. Super agents, mythical freezers, magic dogs, the signing of the Lisbon treaty etc. From my perspective it’s quite clear that the problems don’t lie with a dastardly multi government plot, they lie with the author of a book who’s trying to retail a conspiracy

HCW stated ‘it is now possible we could charge, we have that evidence now’
He then proceeded to say it would be nonsense for them to charge whilst they still have information to go through that could further strengthen their case. I fully expect the German’s to follow through on this. HCW also stated he thinks a conclusion could be reached this year, so IMO it’s not surprising that rumours are circulating that OG may also be concluding this year. I doubt OG can add any further value to the BKA. They would have passed on what they have, but they haven’t been given access to the entirety of the BKA’s evidence. 4 OG detectives who don’t know what the concrete evidence is, are going to add little value to up to 100 BKA detectives with full access to their evidence, as well as whatever OG & the PJ have shared.

"it emerged he may also have contacted an underground international network of depraved child abusers called Boystown."

And it may all start to come out now,. It's taken a year to bring these to court, and it means they have spent a year going through all the film's and pictures etc etc, and a strange one, but they are now referring to him in the English press as Christian B, not his full name now

I see no conspiracy involving the parents camp did it, look at the supposed mates dobbing him in, whats in it for them, thats where it all falls down, some one never reckoned or was savvy enough to realise how an investigation works. The BKA rightly so having CB put to them on a platter have investigated him, saying they're sure he's the one is jumping the gun , 20 odds months down the line shows it. They looked at him in 2013, the evidence if it exist was there then as it is today, that phone call was always there. SY interviewed locals on the back of phone call's look where that got them, its not a game changer, the girls remains and some one leading them to them is all that will solve this imo.

Good points.

I think the concrete evidence has existed since may 2007 but IMO it wasn’t discovered until 2018. HB’s testimony appears to have been the catalyst for the targeted investigation into CB. It may have been the level of detail he gave in his confession & how credible his account seemed. HB’s credibility would have been taken seriously pretty quickly, because he talked about seeing a video of an assault against an elderly lady (further testimony from HB about this attack is unknown) & they crossed checked against unsolved PJ cases fitting that profile, which drew a potential link.

Out of the 1000’s of sightings & 1000’s of leads, there must be a clear reason as to why out of over ten thousand tip-offs, HB’s testimony has resulted in a murder investigation.

And it may all start to come out now,. It's taken a year to bring these to court, and it means they have spent a year going through all the film's and pictures etc etc, and a strange one, but they are now referring to him in the English press as Christian B, not his full name now
I thought that too. Perhaps I’m overthinking things, but documentaries being cancelled, press being careful naming him, rumours about grange concluding & radio silence from HCW, IMO all seem like an indication that something is brewing

The question, is if Helge B. contacted OG, or otherwise.

I assume, OG contacted the BKA in 2017 then.

If OG contacted Helge B, it must have had a particular reason. Something that connects HB to the case. Otherwise it leads to the question, why Helge B. wanted to put CB into focus ten years after MM's disappearance.

Would like to say that his help to bring CB into prison according to the DM rape doesn't seem to be a sufficient reason to remember of the MM confession at orgiva. And Helge B. could have told that to the german prosecutors as well. He must have been in germany as a witness in the DM trial.

So, why OG whilst being in greece? The whole timeline is hard to fathom IMO...

Well it is The Sun where 'may have, might be, could be' passes as news.

The only reliable info/update at this point has to come from HCW. Everything else is just speculation.

But as @frank-cole says above, there may well be something in the air...

If OG contacted Helge B, it must have had a particular reason. Something that connects HB to the case. Otherwise it leads to the question, why Helge B. wanted to put CB into focus ten years after MM's disappearance.

Would like to say that his help to bring CB into prison according to the DM rape doesn't seem to be a sufficient reason to remember of the MM confession at orgiva. And Helge B. could have told that to the german prosecutors as well. He must have been in germany as a witness in the DM trial.

Possibly because mm is English, and Germany wasn't looking into it then ?

What's curious is that if CB made a confession of sorts in |Orgiva (2008) to HB, someone who openly says the pair didn't know each other well or get on, why HB never, ever mentioned a single word to MS or MT during the years which followed.
HB could have also tried to cut a deal with the Greek police during the time he served his sentence for people trafficking, yet chose not to.
The 10 year gap between abduction & HB disclosures is very significant imo if Statute of Limitations laws have to be taken into consideration but who benefits from that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper