Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And what has the McCanns being sworn to secrecy about information the BKA have told them got to do with ex-friends giving their opinions on CB? It's you who is not making sense.
Potential witness's who have spoken to the police now selling stories to the rags ? ought be the ones to sworn secrecy, unless of course what they have to said amounts to nothing in relation to Madeleine and telling the rags he's guilty cause I know/knew him..

I think it more comes down to placing the suspect at the crime scene Denis. This is a critical and fundamental aspect to any criminal case. Let's assume for example that when CB was questioned back in 2013 he claimed to be in his motorhome, outside NF's house in Foral on the 3rd. Based on the testimony we've seen so far, there is no way for the BKA to disprove that's untrue.

Yes, it could be possible that CB murdered MM but wasn't the person who took her from 5A. But the Prosecutors will be expected to fill in these gaps. If their main evidence is a photo that doesn't show CB in it, they need to be able to add further evidence to tie CB to the crime. Putting him at the crime scene would be the number 1 priority if they have no evidence that someone else carried out the abduction. If that makes sense to what you're querying?
Or CB could be given to the BKA on a plate to draw attention away from others .
His ex mates or persons emerging from the woodwork to say he's the one after all these yrs with out any evidence just doesn't make sense .
Go back to 2013 he was known, his tendency's to children were known, yet there were no dots to join, any dots now are but tenuous links ,circumstantial Wolters tells us ,imo he's not involved.

I think it more comes down to placing the suspect at the crime scene Denis. This is a critical and fundamental aspect to any criminal case. Let's assume for example that when CB was questioned back in 2013 he claimed to be in his motorhome, outside NF's house in Foral on the 3rd. Based on the testimony we've seen so far, there is no way for the BKA to disprove that's untrue.

Yes, it could be possible that CB murdered MM but wasn't the person who took her from 5A. But the Prosecutors will be expected to fill in these gaps. If their main evidence is a photo that doesn't show CB in it, they need to be able to add further evidence to tie CB to the crime. Putting him at the crime scene would be the number 1 priority if they have no evidence that someone else carried out the abduction. If that makes sense to what you're querying?

Yes, you always explain well. I guess I am taking things into account that we’ve discussed many times before i.e. HCW’s evidence is after 3 May and that it’s strong evidence that show’s MM is deceased … that being the case HCW doesn’t have to prove abduction.

I can’t see why they need to have CB at the abduction scene given what we’ve discussed before unless they know the time of the murder is very close to the time of the abduction.

And thanks DLK for walking me through it.

If CB was not at the abduction scene, I think it would need to be clearly demonstrated how he obtained her in order to kill her. If he did.

Or CB could be given to the BKA on a plate to draw attention away from others .
His ex mates or persons emerging from the woodwork to say he's the one after all these yrs with out any evidence just doesn't make sense .
Go back to 2013 he was known, his tendency's to children were known, yet there were no dots to join, any dots now are but tenuous links ,circumstantial Wolters tells us ,imo he's not involved.

The ole scapegoat theory eh?

I was under the impression the priority was to place a specific mobile phone in CB's possession at 8pm that night. Any images pertaining to Madeleine and directly linked to the phone's camera after 9.10pm on 3rd May 2007 may well be independent of the abduction itself because the phone reportedly only pinged once in the Luz area during the period for which PJ obtained the records.

I was under the impression the priority was to place a specific mobile phone in CB's possession at 8pm that night. Any images pertaining to Madeleine and directly linked to the phone's camera after 9.10pm on 3rd May 2007 may well be independent of the abduction itself because the phone reportedly only pinged once in the Luz area during the period for which PJ obtained the records.
Placing the phone in his hand at 8pm places him in the vicinity of the crime scene, close to the time of MM's disappearance. So that's the critical aspect to why it's important to prove he had the phone on him at that time IMO.

The authorities have told us about that specific call at 8 o'clock and that they want to find the other caller to verify it was CB they spoke to. I don't believe they've actually said that there was only one ping from that number over that three day period though. JMO.

Placing the phone in his hand at 8pm places him in the vicinity of the crime scene, close to the time of MM's disappearance. So that's the critical aspect to why it's important to prove he had the phone on him at that time IMO.

The authorities have told us about that specific call at 8 o'clock and that they want to find the other caller to verify it was CB they spoke to. I don't believe they've actually said that there was only one ping from that number over that three day period though. JMO.

There is no phone data which places the phone at the crime scene at 9pm or after afaik though, so the user could have been 30-60km away by 9pm. Had there been multiple pings then I'm sure PJ/SY would have been looking for the owner of that number as a matter of urgency a long, long time ago.
IMO it's what was on the phone camera that is key, possibly featuring a sequence of photos taken both before & after Madeleine disappeared.

It places him near the scene of the abduction crime but not necessarily the murder scene.

The abduction, from what has been stated on here many times, is easy to make a strong defence case against. That’s why many of the views here are that HCW’s evidence is post 10pm 3 May.

So if this is the case and HCW has evidence of a murder - and this is my point - he must know that it took place very shortly after 10pm 3 May or proving that CB was in PDL at 8pm doesn’t really matter?

There is no phone data which places the phone at the crime scene at 9pm or after afaik though, so the user could have been 30-60km away by 9pm. Had there been multiple pings then I'm sure PJ/SY would have been looking for the owner of that number as a matter of urgency a long, long time ago.
IMO it's what was on the phone camera that is key, possibly featuring a sequence of photos taken both before & after Madeleine disappeared.

There's no guarantee that the phone had much of a camera facility at all as it could have been a few years old in 2007, so any images might be low resolution.
If it was a burner phone it would likely be quite low tech.

Last edited:
The ole scapegoat theory eh?
So a criminal with alleged multiple proved crimes to his name, interviewed previously manages to evade suspicion in possibly the most high profile case in Europe if not the world only to have his name put forward by an ex mate who said over a stein of beer he (CB) confessed to knowing or doing the deed ,this despite a multi £million investigation by SY , really ? he's that good ?

So a criminal with alleged multiple proved crimes to his name, interviewed previously manages to evade suspicion in possibly the most high profile case in Europe if not the world only to have his name put forward by an ex mate who said over a stein of beer he (CB) confessed to knowing or doing the deed ,this despite a multi £million investigation by SY , really ? he's that good ?
Maybe he was that good. Maybe he was just lucky. Maybe the original investigation was inadequate. Maybe it's a combination of the three.

He got away with the DM rape for 14 years, a crime where he was shown to be quite savvy and cautious not to leave any trace. He would have continued to evade justice for that if it wasn't for a single rogue hair.

Suggesting that some kind of fit-up must be going on due to the fact that SY didn't catch him earlier is completely illogical though. It was the Germans who discovered CB's number, had SY known about his number when they were investigating those three other local burglars, I've no doubt CB would have been a major focus of their enquiries too. If not the main focus, since in addition to his burgling activities, he also had a record for child sexual abuse.

Somehow I don't think a rational argument or facts about CB will change your POV and would just end in failure. Asking us constant questions isn't going to help resolve your conspiracy theory idea's regarding CB, no matter how you try to disguise it, it's pretty obvious.

Last edited:
Somehow I don't think a rational argument or facts about CB will change your POV and would just end in failure. Asking us constant questions isn't going to help resolve your conspiracy theory idea's regarding CB, no matter how you try to disguise it, it's pretty obvious.
Well the lack of progress since June 20 suggests its far from cut and dried that CB is the one imo .

Maybe he was that good. Maybe he was just lucky. Maybe the original investigation was inadequate. Maybe it's a combination of the three.

He got away with the DM rape for 14 years, a crime where he was shown to be quite savvy and cautious not to leave any trace. He would have continued to evade justice for that if it wasn't for a single rogue hair.

Suggesting that some kind of fit-up must be going on due to the fact that SY didn't catch him earlier is completely illogical though. It was the Germans who discovered CB's number, had SY known about his number when they were investigating those three other local burglars, I've no doubt CB would have been a major focus of their enquiries too. If not the main focus, since in addition to his burgling activities, he also had a record for child sexual abuse.

Bolded, he did leave a trace then .

Bolded, he did leave a trace then .
Despite his best efforts not to, on that occasion, yes he left a trace. One trace. Is it beyond your comprehension that on other occasions, he didn't leave any traces behind?

Let's be clear. You've cast doubt on the reliability of CB's rape conviction. You've then suggested that CB is being made a scapegoat in the MM case to divert attention away from others.

We all know who started those conspiracy theories. We all know who that person thinks is really to blame over MM's disappearance. If you just happen to share those same theories, but have arrived at them due to entirely different reasons, please do explain. Otherwise everyone will continue to assume your belief that CB is not involved is based on the same reasoning as his.

So the BKA actually has the phone in question? Not just the number of the phone allegedly owned by CB at the time?

Despite his best efforts not to, on that occasion, yes he left a trace. One trace. Is it beyond your comprehension that on other occasions, he didn't leave any traces behind?

Let's be clear. You've cast doubt on the reliability of CB's rape conviction. You've then suggested that CB is being made a scapegoat in the MM case to divert attention away from others.

We all know who started those conspiracy theories. We all know who that person thinks is really to blame over MM's disappearance. If you just happen to share those same theories, but have arrived at them due to entirely different reasons, please do explain. Otherwise everyone will continue to assume your belief that CB is not involved is based on the same reasoning as his.

is it the parents did it camp ? i have no problem with conspiracy theories especially in political murders/ppl with friends in high
places .. i am all for it
but germany being involved in a worldwide cover up for the very important mccanns is too much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper