Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect #29

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve heard that the MWT Channel 5 documentary has been cancelled. I can’t find anything to substantiate that, wondered if anybody on the thread has?

If it has then I’ve got a lot of thoughts

I haven't seen nor heard anything to substantiate this either.

Maybe the doco has legal issues.

Like what, do you think? That it implicates people who really have no involvement here and have sought legal advice to ensure that they stop becoming part of this now out of control narrative?

I can only assume that was a purely rhetorical remark.

Not at all.

I think it is the simplest answer to why the doco isn't screening.

If there were charges pending in the UK, then your explanation would make sense as the matter would be sub judice. But I am not sure why UK police would have any sway over a screening in the UK let alone Germany for a possible foreign trial, with no charges yet.

Then there is the strangeness of Germany where it isn't screening despite a similar doco already screening.

So while your explanation is possible, I'd lean more towards someone having sent a threatening letter, and so for the broadcaster, maybe it just isn't worth the risks.

It might also explain why MWT seems to not be talking about his own product.

Like what, do you think? That it implicates people who really have no involvement here and have sought legal advice to ensure that they stop becoming part of this now out of control narrative?

I think someone might have threatened to sue in the UK

Tell us your thoughts anyway Frank ;)
Will do

Perhaps a prosecution witness features in the documentary they filmed & they’ve been requested to cut those scenes or drop the documentary. I doubt MWT has stumbled on anything substantial. His record is to sensationalise and sell stories, he’ll have nothing on the 4 years of up to 100 BKA investigators working this case.
It may also mean that the BKA are close to making a move & this would contradict the message the documentary is selling.

It could be a very basic explanation or that the documentary is poor & not worth running.

Not at all.

I think it is the simplest answer to why the doco isn't screening.

If there were charges pending in the UK, then your explanation would make sense as the matter would be sub judice. But I am not sure why UK police would have any sway over a screening in the UK let alone Germany for a possible foreign trial, with no charges yet.

Then there is the strangeness of Germany where it isn't screening despite a similar doco already screening.

So while your explanation is possible, I'd lean more towards someone having sent a threatening letter, and so for the broadcaster, maybe it just isn't worth the risks.

It might also explain why MWT seems to not be talking about his own product.
That's not exactly what I getting at but you do raise an interesting option there.

I suppose it could well be possible that FF/CB are trying to prevent details that he wrote in his letters to MWT from being made public. I would have assumed that FF was aware of what CB wrote to MWT and Jutta Rabe but perhaps he wasn't and they are now fearful it could hinder any future defence case if the details he divulged are made part of the public record. Perhaps they have requested them to be retracted and are threatening legal action if they broadcast details of what CB has written.

Details for the 3rd programme were not listed on the German TV guide, but this is what it was said to cover according to the Production team's synopsis-

EPISODE 3: TESTING THE ALIBI
Christian B gives Mark a possible alibi revealing that he had a holiday fling with a German 18 year old girl the week of Madeleine’s disappearance. Mark tests this by tracking her down and speaking to her now husband. He also tests the German authorities evidence further by examining the witness to an alleged confession made by Christian B and the significance of his vehicle being re-registered to a new owner the day after Madeleine disappeared. Christian writes to Mark with a detailed account of his whereabouts at the time of Madeleine’s disappearance and Mark checks this against the known facts. Mark reaches his series conclusion about whether Christian B is responsible for Madeleine’s abduction and possible murder.

I did think it quite odd why CB would choose to do this now and not before. MWT does have a habit of deviating from the official investigation narrative. I've watched a few of his programmes and the format always seems to be similar. He investigates leads/possibilities that the police have discarded, comes up with a theory, fails to prove anything conclusive, then concludes his theory is still possible.

I can see why CB might favour someone taking this approach to the case in order to cast doubt on his guilt, but fail to see what he really gains from it. It's whatever happens in court that matters and so revealing details of his alibi now, ahead of seeing what evidence the BKA have, does not seem the smartest move. You'd think a person would either state their alibi right from the start in order to protest their innocence and protect their reputation, or they'd say nothing until officially charged.

Possibly someone is just trying to make some money

Will do

Perhaps a prosecution witness features in the documentary they filmed & they’ve been requested to cut those scenes or drop the documentary. I doubt MWT has stumbled on anything substantial. His record is to sensationalise and sell stories, he’ll have nothing on the 4 years of up to 100 BKA investigators working this case.
It may also mean that the BKA are close to making a move & this would contradict the message the documentary is selling.

It could be a very basic explanation or that the documentary is poor & not worth running.
Contributors to documentaries usually sign contracts or they at least know beforehand they will be featuring in them. Very difficult to raise legal issues later down the line... same applies for CB - he willingly sent letters to MWT. nobody forced him and he knew pretty well these would be featuring in the documentary. It 's not so easy to take it back! Moreover production companies have legal advisors - it seems these legal issues had been solved since Ch5 and RTL Crime bought it. RTL Crime would have moreover paid translators to dub the documentary. I don't know what is keeping it back but I would imagine the only obstacle could come from the BKA and SY directly.

Maybe they've got info on upcoming trials and want to use any outcome to refresh their product. Hard to think they really have more to broadcast then the former docos did yet?!

The NF vs. DF issue could be some kind of gamechanger as well!

I mentioned previously that I’d heard that the MWT may have been dropped, but it seems that this was based on the German documentary being pulled & why that happened.
So there’s no official line as to the doc being pulled.

The radio silence from HCW is quite unusual

That's not exactly what I getting at but you do raise an interesting option there.

I suppose it could well be possible that FF/CB are trying to prevent details that he wrote in his letters to MWT from being made public. I would have assumed that FF was aware of what CB wrote to MWT and Jutta Rabe but perhaps he wasn't and they are now fearful it could hinder any future defence case if the details he divulged are made part of the public record. Perhaps they have requested them to be retracted and are threatening legal action if they broadcast details of what CB has written.

Details for the 3rd programme were not listed on the German TV guide, but this is what it was said to cover according to the Production team's synopsis-

EPISODE 3: TESTING THE ALIBI
Christian B gives Mark a possible alibi revealing that he had a holiday fling with a German 18 year old girl the week of Madeleine’s disappearance. Mark tests this by tracking her down and speaking to her now husband. He also tests the German authorities evidence further by examining the witness to an alleged confession made by Christian B and the significance of his vehicle being re-registered to a new owner the day after Madeleine disappeared. Christian writes to Mark with a detailed account of his whereabouts at the time of Madeleine’s disappearance and Mark checks this against the known facts. Mark reaches his series conclusion about whether Christian B is responsible for Madeleine’s abduction and possible murder.

I did think it quite odd why CB would choose to do this now and not before. MWT does have a habit of deviating from the official investigation narrative. I've watched a few of his programmes and the format always seems to be similar. He investigates leads/possibilities that the police have discarded, comes up with a theory, fails to prove anything conclusive, then concludes his theory is still possible.

I can see why CB might favour someone taking this approach to the case in order to cast doubt on his guilt, but fail to see what he really gains from it. It's whatever happens in court that matters and so revealing details of his alibi now, ahead of seeing what evidence the BKA have, does not seem the smartest move. You'd think a person would either state their alibi right from the start in order to protest their innocence and protect their reputation, or they'd say nothing until officially charged.

That’s absolutely spot on IMO.
I hope CB keeps writing to people & his writings become common knowledge, especially to the BKA. IMO letters from CB will help them catch him in a number of lies, which I think they’ve probably already done with the letters he’s sent thus far.

Nope, this trial is from 2021, as you can see by it's number. It has nothing to do with Hazel B..

It's a "simple" rape as well (Vergewaltigung). Acoording to the circumstances, a trial in the Hazel B. case would be named as a "severe" rape (Vergewaltigung in besonders schweren Fall).

Maddie inquiry to END after 11yrs as fears grow prime suspect WON'T be charged

"A source said: “There are currently no plans to take the inquiry any further.”

The decision means that prime suspect Christian B is highly unlikely to be charged over her disappearance.

It underlines how top cops feel there is insufficient evidence to bring a case against the convicted paedophile and rapist, who German cops were convinced was involved."
------------
This is an interesting development but I'm not entirely sure why the reporter considers that the closure of Operation Grange means that CB will never be charged in Germany.

The decision means that prime suspect Christian B is highly unlikely to be charged over her disappearance.

It underlines how top cops feel there is insufficient evidence to bring a case against the convicted paedophile and rapist, who German cops were convinced was involved."
------------
This is an interesting development but I'm not entirely sure why the reporter considers that the closure of Operation Grange means that CB will never be charged in Germany.
This would mean exactly the opposite, no? It is closing because the BKA are in charge?

------------
I agree. There has been radio silence on the part of the HCW. Purely conjecture but it could mean the Germans are planning to shelve the case or they’re about to charge. Grange couldn’t go on forever. Somethings about to change, seems all in the balance, I just hope that this doesn’t get shelved & doesn’t leave the McCann’s in a state of limbo. I have a feeling it could be the latter. Which would be such a dire conclusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mygalacticmother