Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maddie inquiry to END after 11yrs as fears grow prime suspect WON'T be charged

"A source said: “There are currently no plans to take the inquiry any further.”

The decision means that prime suspect Christian B is highly unlikely to be charged over her disappearance.

It underlines how top cops feel there is insufficient evidence to bring a case against the convicted paedophile and rapist, who German cops were convinced was involved."
------------
This is an interesting development but I'm not entirely sure why the reporter considers that the closure of Operation Grange means that CB will never be charged in Germany.

Why putting investigations to the end, if the case hasn't been solved and the german prosecutors aren't on the right track? It makes no sense IMO.

That's what i think about it.

Why putting investigations to the end, if the case hasn't been solved and the german prosecutors aren't on the right track? It makes no sense IMO.

That's what i think about it.
Or they have gone has far as they can, with out tangible leads to follow for a live Madeleine, (for this is their official remit ) what is expected of OG.

Last edited:
The tabloids are only speculating on the reason that Operation Grange is being wound up. Operation Grange is a missing person inquiry, it is nothing to do with the murder inquiry the Germans are investigating.

The only quotes (from an unnamed source) we have to go off are these:

“There are currently no plans to take the inquiry any further.”

“The end of the road for Operation Grange is now in sight.

“The team’s work is expected to be completed by autumn.”

Rather than any admission of defeat, this sounds to me more like they believe the case is about to reach a conclusion. Namely, that they expect CB to be charged later this year. What "work" would they be completing between now and autumn? If they were still working on (non-CB related) leads to her whereabouts, how do they already know that these leads aren't going to yield anything? How would they know the "end" is in sight unless they believed that it has now been established what happened to her and therefore, the inquiry is no loger needed?

I’ve just tried searching for the Sat 1 documentary aired in Jan but no luck . I know somebody posted a link , please could someone re share . Thanks

The tabloids are only speculating on the reason that Operation Grange is being wound up. Operation Grange is a missing person inquiry, it is nothing to do with the murder inquiry the Germans are investigating.

The only quotes (from an unnamed source) we have to go off are these:

“There are currently no plans to take the inquiry any further.”

“The end of the road for Operation Grange is now in sight.

“The team’s work is expected to be completed by autumn.”

Rather than any admission of defeat, this sounds to me more like they believe the case is about to reach a conclusion. Namely, that they expect CB to be charged later this year. What "work" would they be completing between now and autumn? If they were still working on (non-CB related) leads to her whereabouts, how do they already know that these leads aren't going to yield anything? How would they know the "end" is in sight unless they believed that it has now been established what happened to her and therefore, the inquiry is no loger needed?
Bolded bit, lets suppose it goes to court, how is it known he's guilty, surely the wrap up comes after not before any trial.

This says Scotland Yard is closing it case - I thought Germany was going to charge him??
OG's site says the PJ are the lead investigators , make of it what you will.

Bolded bit, lets suppose it goes to court, how is it known he's guilty, surely the wrap up comes after not before any trial.
If they fully believe they have identified the correct suspect, then there is no value in pursuing alternative leads. Whether they have enough evidence to assure his conviction is a separate matter.

I
I’ve just tried searching for the Sat 1 documentary aired in Jan but no luck . I know somebody posted a link , please could someone re share . Thanks
It seems to be no longer available (?)

It also says:
The investigation into him (CB) is being led by German and Portuguese authorities, with the Met taking a background role.
So by wrapping up their missing person investigation the Met are stepping aside.
I did not see that part in the article. Thank you! I'll correct my notes.

If they fully believe they have identified the correct suspect, then there is no value in pursuing alternative leads. Whether they have enough evidence to assure his conviction is a separate matter.
At first glance (before thinking properly), I thought it could be a reflection of the BKA’s investigation ending (without a charge) .

But I think, out of all the times funding would be the most justified, now would be that time.
IMO either SY can’t work an investigation with the BKA not sharing, or the BKA are going to charge this year.
Isabelle McFadden is out on social media, trying to soak in as much attention with her vitriolic videos. But after listening to that, I think some are taking it wildly out of context & irrationally adding it to a storyline that feels comfortable within their agenda. Just IMO

At first glance (before thinking properly), I thought it could be a reflection of the BKA’s investigation ending (without a charge) .

But I think, out of all the times funding would be the most justified, now would be that time.
IMO either SY can’t work an investigation with the BKA not sharing, or the BKA are going to charge this year.
Isabelle McFadden is out on social media, trying to soak in as much attention with her vitriolic videos. But after listening to that, I think some are taking it wildly out of context & irrationally adding it to a storyline that feels comfortable within their agenda. Just IMO
Correct. People who are adamant that CB is innocent are wanting to read into this latest news as that it must mean the investigation into him is failing. Ironically though, those same people were pointing to this article around Christmas time as evidence that the Met didn't share the same view as the Germans on CB.

But a source confirmed to MailOnline: 'The Met Police's Operation Grange is still running this as a missing person's investigation.

'Clearly the Met have more open thinking than the German authorities have at the present.

'Madeleine's parents have always said if they are presented with hard proof she has died they will accept it.

'But the fact Operation Grange still exists and still gets funding shows the Met still thinks there is still work and investigation to be done.'

'Scotland Yard has more open thinking' on Madeleine McCann than Germans who think her dead | Daily Mail Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mygalacticmother