Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect #29

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From 5a , the much maligned PJ kept something back, not many other possibilities in this case imo.

Perhaps something to do with the timing or sequence of the checks by the T7 group. Or if the perp were in 5A when GM came in, something that he did - we’ve covered these options in detail more than once on this forum.

I think it’s very possible that the PJ held info back from the public, seems to be a normal thing for LE to do to later verify who is or isn’t the real perp.

Well just for example if something from the 5A crime scene was not disclosed to the public … sure there would be other possibilities too.

In a no body case i read about, the killer confessed elements of the crime to an informant. Especially that the body had been disposed of by driving her car into water.

LE assumed the car would not have been driven far, so searched water bodies in the area without luck. So the lead (which was accurate) did not resolve the case.

But it's an example of a fact about the crime, confessed by the killer.

CB may have confessed something about where he went, or what he did, or who he was with, after the crime.

In a no body case i read about, the killer confessed elements of the crime to an informant. Especially that the body had been disposed of by driving her car into water.

LE assumed the car would not have been driven far, so searched water bodies in the area without luck. So the lead (which was accurate) did not resolve the case.

But it's an example of a fact about the crime, confessed by the killer.

CB may have confessed something about where he went, or what he did, or who he was with, after the crime.
Could explain why early on in the investigation, the PJ decided to search those 3 wells on the roadside to Praia da Boca do Rio, one of the places CB was know to have stayed in his van.

Pictured: Third well searched by Portuguese divers for the body of Madeleine McCann | Daily Mail Online

HCW said that the well searches were not carried out at any request of the Germans so it appears the PJ did it off their own steam. Which seemed a bit random at the time, but perhaps the PJ had been told the BKA had intelligence that the body was disposed of in a well, and other intelligence CB was staying in that area at the time.

Interestingly, the beach assault that they are looking to charge CB with was in Salema, the very next beach over. In the police reports it was said the German man was chased off by the victim's father. The man climbed up the rocks naked and ran off in the direction of the carpark situated at Praia da Boca do Rio which (at the time) was full of van-lifers in their campervans. This sexual assault took place less than a month before MM disappeared.

Last edited:
Yet another confusing update from MWT. He states the "exclusive" premiere for the first installment of the MM doc on channel 5 is 90 minutes long.

Everywhere else it was originally billed to be three 60 minute episodes. And I notice AMC Crime in Spain are still saying it is three 60 minute episodes and the first one starts on the 3rd May rather than the 11th like in the UK.

MWT stated previously channel 5 had bought the rights to show it first so I'm not sure what's going on here. Has he changed the format of the UK doc perhaps to make it two 90 minute episodes instead? Maybe at Channel 5's request due to the late notice they were given for the go-ahead or because they thought it in bad taste to show an episode on the 3rd? Would explain the need for him to do some last minute re-editing.

Attachments

• MWT tweet1.jpg
    MWT tweet1.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 7
According to some reports behind paywalls, CB appealed for early release from prison after serving half time of the DM rape sentence. The appeal has been rejected.
That’s very interesting, SuperD. Do you have a source, please?

Yes, but it's behind a paywall.;)

When referencing something behind a paywall, you may include the link to the paywalled article and a general summary (no copy/paste) should others wish to subscribe and read the article.

To leave your post on the board, would you mind doing the above? Thanks

Thanks for that (the journal/books info) and Dlk's link.

That’s very interesting, SuperD. Do you have a source, please?

It's also mentioned in Superdad's Mail link above -
Brueckner, who this week had his application for early release from a seven-year jail term for a brutal 2005 sex attack on a 72-year-old woman rejected by the German authorities...

I agree now, no photo/video just written and verbal confessions, and then possibly coincidental stuff like a phone call close to the abduction time-frame/location, the change of registration on the Jag and the fact that CB is the worst kind of human being.

Not confident he will ever be charged on that (unfortunately) and if that’s all there is, I’m not even convinced myself that he is the perp - people like CB bs all the time to make themselves more important, badass or whatever.

I think the best we can hope for is a confession but in reality, even if CB is guilty, I doubt very much he will ever fess up!

He won't, I agree.

So I guess the BKA's focus has been on sorting out actual fact from sick fantasy, if, as speculated, CB's 'autobio' journals are the basis of the BKA's conviction of his guilt.

From one of CB's letters:

But now...without any helpful information from the public, the pressure gets high on them. People like to see facts. 'Not just say that he was it. Proof (sic) it!' But they can't.

'Instead of that the prosecutors shows in the public that I'm the right person by showing more crimes 'I did' in Portugal. Crimes against kids and women.'

He added: 'I'm sitting in front of the television and watch people talking about me and creating a monster out of me. To be honest this is very fascinating.

'It is incredible what people like to see. Not the truth, no, a horrible human being, a monster. And they get feeded (sic) by the prosecutors.'

We must be dealing with a sociopath who is a narcissist and delusional... he thinks nobody can touch him... but what is interesting is that he watches tv in his prison cell... so he must also have internet!

Madeleine McCann: Suspect Christian Brueckner is 'hiding something', says handwriting expert | Daily Mail Online

From one of CB's letters:

But now...without any helpful information from the public, the pressure gets high on them. People like to see facts. 'Not just say that he was it. Proof (sic) it!' But they can't.

'Instead of that the prosecutors shows in the public that I'm the right person by showing more crimes 'I did' in Portugal. Crimes against kids and women.'

He added: 'I'm sitting in front of the television and watch people talking about me and creating a monster out of me. To be honest this is very fascinating.

'It is incredible what people like to see. Not the truth, no, a horrible human being, a monster. And they get feeded (sic) by the prosecutors.'

We must be dealing with a sociopath who is a narcissist and delusional... he thinks nobody can touch him... but what is interesting is that he watches tv in his prison cell... so he must also have internet!

Madeleine McCann: Suspect Christian Brueckner is 'hiding something', says handwriting expert | Daily Mail Online

Well, TV yes!

Internet/web with unlimited access, not really. The german judicial system is still discussing, if it could be useful to rehabilitation of the imates.

Internet acces at JVA Oldenburgs highest security area? I would like to doubt it.

But it's just another big lie of him. Believe me, the MM case is no big deal in german television. Just the few broadcasts we know in here as well, between the last two years.

None of them built up a picture of a monster, but just informed about the known facts.

CB is just playing games with third parties all day long...

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/madeleine-mccann-ex-cop-key-26835055

Luis Mota Carmo, 60, has taken over day-to-day control of the long-running prosecution probe in Portugal.

Days after replacing the previous lead prosecutor, he led the move to make convicted German paedophile Brueckner an “arguido” in the case.

A source said: “It’s always a concern when a fresh prosecutor takes charge of a high-profile case but Luis knows this one inside out and has hit the ground running.

“The decision to make Brueckner an arguido was very much his.”

Mr Mota Carmo, head of the regional prosecution service, is awaiting the results of forensic tests on the camper van Brueckner drove while living in the area at the time.

Brueckner was made an arguido after warnings from lawyers that Portugal’s 15-year limit on prosecutions of serious crimes could prevent him being prosecuted after Tuesday.

The source said: “Luis wants to make sure there’s no impediment to the possibility of a prosecution here.

“But that alone is not the reason this move was made.

“Legally, there has to be a sound basis for anyone to be made an arguido, and there are multiple reasons why Brueckner is in the frame.”

The source said Brueckner could be prosecuted in Portugal or Germany.

Mr Mota Carmo ran the Judicial Police in the Algarve from 2009 to 2018. He and ex-Met police detective Andy Redwood played key roles in 2014 during the digs in Praia da Luz in the hunt for Madeleine.

I agree now, no photo/video just written and verbal confessions, and then possibly coincidental stuff like a phone call close to the abduction time-frame/location, the change of registration on the Jag and the fact that CB is the worst kind of human being.

Very good state of the art. Written confessions would be a bomb.

No offence Janosch!!

There are reports of a kind of "autobiography" found at Neuwegersleben. Dlk79 worked that out properly.

But IMO this is just a strong verdict. Like the Skype confession about torturing for days and recording it.

These "confessions" exist for years, but any charge so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ty1220