Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/madeleine-mccann-ex-cop-key-26835055

Luis Mota Carmo, 60, has taken over day-to-day control of the long-running prosecution probe in Portugal.

Days after replacing the previous lead prosecutor, he led the move to make convicted German paedophile Brueckner an “arguido” in the case.

A source said: “It’s always a concern when a fresh prosecutor takes charge of a high-profile case but Luis knows this one inside out and has hit the ground running.

“The decision to make Brueckner an arguido was very much his.”

Mr Mota Carmo, head of the regional prosecution service, is awaiting the results of forensic tests on the camper van Brueckner drove while living in the area at the time.

Brueckner was made an arguido after warnings from lawyers that Portugal’s 15-year limit on prosecutions of serious crimes could prevent him being prosecuted after Tuesday.

The source said: “Luis wants to make sure there’s no impediment to the possibility of a prosecution here.

“But that alone is not the reason this move was made.

“Legally, there has to be a sound basis for anyone to be made an arguido, and there are multiple reasons why Brueckner is in the frame.”

The source said Brueckner could be prosecuted in Portugal or Germany.

Mr Mota Carmo ran the Judicial Police in the Algarve from 2009 to 2018. He and ex-Met police detective Andy Redwood played key roles in 2014 during the digs in Praia da Luz in the hunt for Madeleine.

"Mr Mota Carmo persuaded bosses in Lisbon to agree to prepare the way for possible criminal charges against Brueckner – currently in prison in his home country – if German prosecutors find evidence linking him to Madeleine’s disappearance on May 3, 2007, when she was three."

Sounds like an interesting procedure, if someone else far away has to appeal for a permission, what is allowed to be investigated and what's not....?!

Is the portugese judicial system that complicated? For real? Since when? WTF????:rolleyes:

"Mr Mota Carmo persuaded bosses in Lisbon to agree to prepare the way for possible criminal charges against Brueckner – currently in prison in his home country – if German prosecutors find evidence linking him to Madeleine’s disappearance on May 3, 2007, when she was three."

Sounds like an interesting procedure, if someone else far away has to appeal for a permission, what is allowed to be investigated and what's not....?!

Is the portugese judicial system that complicated? For real? Since when? WTF????:rolleyes:

Not necessarily. It sounds like a centralised system - rather than regionalised, as seems to be the case in Germany - with main bases being in the capital. That’s how this stuff works where I’m from.

Not necessarily. It sounds like a centralised system - rather than regionalised, as seems to be the case in Germany - with main bases being in the capital. That’s how this stuff works where I’m from.

This stuff in germany doesn't work in that way Betty!

Prosecutors do not have to ask the headquartes in the capital, if they are allowed to do their job....

Of course, political influence exists as well, but not with that huge kind of impact!

"Sir, am i allowed to investigate this rape case?"

WTF???:rolleyes:

This stuff in germany doesn't work in that way Betty!

Prosecutors do not have to ask the headquartes in the capital, if they are allowed to do their job....

Of course, political influence exists as well, but not with that huge kind of impact!

"Sir, am i allowed to investigate this rape case?"

WTF???:rolleyes:

Thats what I meant :)

Prosecutors in Germany sound to me (I’m not at all well-versed) like they have jurisdiction and autonomy to investigate within their particular region. Where I’m from is made up of different counties, but every civil and criminal case is overseen by the Public Prosecutors Office, which is based in the capital and oversees all cases investigated by police in all counties.

Thats what I meant :)

Prosecutors in Germany sound to me (I’m not at all well-versed) like they have jurisdiction and autonomy to investigate within their particular region. Where I’m from is made up of different counties, but every civil and criminal case is overseen by the Public Prosecutors Office, which is based in the capital and oversees all cases investigated by police in all counties.

Absolutely correct, dear Betty!

Of course, every system has it's pros and cons! But a cop asking someone million miles away if he is allowed to investigate, is like a frustrated husband asking his pastor if he is allowed to masturbate.

Aaargh....this one is going to be deleted again really soon....;)

If the autobiographies do exist, then CB knows the BKA have them.

If CB knows they have them, his lawyers will already be building a defence to dispute them.

The most obvious defence to play, is that these are just fantasy writings. Maybe borne out of frustration of this poor frustrated paedophile who apparently hasn't really done anything bad since he was 17 and is just venting his desires....:rolleyes:

I won't be at all surprised if he has written letters to his fanbase claiming as much in preparation for his defence. We'll see.

The fact is, the BKA have spent 5 years pursuing this. A lot of time, money and resource to spend on a case if they weren't absolutely sure they had the right man. IMO they have a lot more supplementary evidence to convince them that these are no fictitious accounts. What they don't have are the body or forensics, and going to trial in one of the biggest cases of all time with only circumstantial evidence is not something any Prosecutor wants to step into in a rush.

Luckily for them, time is on their side. If the autobiographical accounts are used in the other cases being touted first, and they result in convictions, it makes a big difference to the weight of that evidence when it comes to any MM trial. JMO.

Absolutely correct, dear Betty!

Of course, every system has it's pros and cons! But a cop asking someone million miles away if he is allowed to investigate, is like a frustrated husband asking his pastor if he is allowed to masturbate.

Aaargh....this one is going to be deleted again really soon....;)

You crack me up :D

Thankfully it’s only 72 miles and not a million from the capital to the furthest city where I’m from! And we have 1/10 of the population of Portugal. I’m just throwing it out that Portugal might have a centralised system :)

If the autobiographies do exist, then CB knows the BKA have them.

If CB knows they have them, his lawyers will already be building a defence to dispute them.

The most obvious defence to play, is that these are just fantasy writings. Maybe borne out of frustration of this poor frustrated paedophile who apparently hasn't really done anything bad since he was 17 and is just venting his desires....:rolleyes:

I won't be at all surprised if he has written letters to his fanbase claiming as much in preparation for his defence. We'll see.

The fact is, the BKA have spent 5 years pursuing this. A lot of time, money and resource to spend on a case if they weren't absolutely sure they had the right man. IMO they have a lot more supplementary evidence to convince them that these are no fictitious accounts. What they don't have are the body or forensics, and going to trial in one of the biggest cases of all time with only circumstantial evidence is not something any Prosecutor wants to step into in a rush.

Luckily for them, time is on their side. If the autobiographical accounts are used in the other cases being touted first, and they result in convictions, it makes a big difference to the weight of that evidence when it comes to any MM trial. JMO.

Forensics. Tipping the scales. Every party refers to the lack of forensics for almost two years. Hard to fathom, a white yellow T3 is going to be investigated for forensic evidence.

Hopefully they were able to detect another vehicle....

You crack me up :D

Thankfully it’s only 72 miles and not a million from the capital to the furthest city where I’m from! And we have 1/10 of the population of Portugal. I’m just throwing it out that Portugal might have a centralised system :)

Stay "tight" Betty!:D

Please do not get me wrong. Investigations have a lot in common with secrecy. Putting the cards on the table for permission to do your work seems a bit debatable....

Forensics. Tipping the scales. Every party refers to the lack of forensics for almost two years. Hard to fathom, a white yellow T3 is going to be investigated for forensic evidence.

Hopefully they were able to detect another vehicle....

BBM.

I thought that, too. But now thinking about it, in the terms of there possibly being an autobiography of sorts, HCW saying Portugal were “difficult to work with”, and a new Portuguese prosecutor being on the case and straight away ordering DNA analysis on one of his vehicles… Kinda sorta sounds to me like Portugal blocked any DNA collection from the vehicle before now? And that he could have written about a crime taking place inside the vehicle?

BIB.

I thought that, too. But now thinking about it, in the terms of there possibly being an autobiography of sorts, HCW saying Portugal were “difficult to work with”, and a new Portuguese prosecutor being on the case and straight away ordering DNA analysis on one of his vehicles… Kinda sorta sounds to me like Portugal blocked any DNA collection from the vehicle before now? And that he could have written about a crime taking place inside the vehicle?

Maybe that's what HCW was trying to say, when he talked about things turning out as "cumbersome", of course!

BBM.

I'm not sure which van the Portuguese are testing.
In this article it says that CB stayed at the allotment in 2007 in a VW LT transporter.

"He had two dogs with him and a VW LT transporter," a pensioner told Bild.
Christian B. also lived in Hanover for a while - according to witness statements with two dogs and a white VW LT! He parked the vehicle on the premises and in the hall of a hobby workshop in Hanover.

Then we have the well known T3 that CB didn't allegedly own in the first place.......

EXCLUSIVE: Peter W bought a Volkswagen T3 Westfalia campervan from Christian Brueckner in 2015 - but police have now seized it and taken it back to Germany for forensic tests.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/i-bought-campervan-madeleine-mccann-23300766

Last edited:
I'm not sure which van the Portuguese are testing.
In this article it says that CB stayed at the allotment in 2007 in a VW LT transporter.

"He had two dogs with him and a VW LT transporter," a pensioner told Bild.
Christian B. also lived in Hanover for a while - according to witness statements with two dogs and a white VW LT! He parked the vehicle on the premises and in the hall of a hobby workshop in Hanover.

Then we have the well known T3 that CB didn't allegedly own in the first place.......

EXCLUSIVE: Peter W bought a Volkswagen T3 Westfalia campervan from Christian Brueckner in 2015 - but police have now seized it and taken it back to Germany for forensic tests.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/i-bought-campervan-madeleine-mccann-23300766

Interesting Ted, because "LT" is a different Volkswagen model than "T3".

Janosch's former investigation according to satellite pics could fit a white "LT" more, than a "T3".

View attachment 341936

VP-PIC-MADDIE-VAN.jpg

Janosch's former investigation according to satellite pics could fit a white "LT" more, than a "T3".

When I read about the LT He was using in Germany, I always thought it was first generation - they look like the T3 but bigger but the engine is in the front not the back. The one pictured above is a second generation and I feel it would. E too new (expensive) for CB to own - could be wrong, this model was made 1996-2006 but the first ten was made from the 70s.

I also think that the sat image looks more like a first generation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ty1220