Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Sun is also suggesting that CB MAY be responsible:

THE father of a Brit who vanished in Germany said he fears Madeleine McCann suspect Christian B also abducted his daughter.

Trainee nurse Louise Kerton, 24, vanished nearly 20 years ago visiting her boyfriend’s family. (I can’t link the article. This thread is moving so fast I am not sure if it is already linked in)

If you google it, you’ll find it. The initial person who appeared to have the number - a common Portuguese name.
Do we know the name of the person at the resort who tipped off CB that the McCanns we’re away from their room? Reports said DS, the owner of the phone number, was in Northern Portugal at the time. So, he wasn’t the tipper.

Do we know the name of the person at the resort who tipped off CB that the McCanns we’re away from their room? Reports said DS, the owner of the phone number, was in Northern Portugal at the time. So, he wasn’t the tipper.

I don’t think there’s any real back bone to that story. I think it was concocted based on assumptions about DS.

No we don't. But actually, it was reported that the other caller wasn't in the local area at the time of the call:

Mr Cranwell told reporters on Wednesday he was taking the "really unusual" step of releasing two mobile phone numbers as part of the appeal.

The first [redacted] is believed to have been used by the suspect and received a call from another Portuguese mobile, [redacted] while in the Praia da Luz area, starting at 7.32pm and ending at 8.02pm on the night of May 3 2007. The caller, who is not thought to have been in the Praia da Luz area, is not being treated as a suspect, but is said to be a "key witness" in the case.

'Unusual' police step to release phone numbers as Madeleine McCann suspect found

Do you think the truth of Madeleine will come out?

I believe so...I just can't fathom after the amount of time,money and resources put into it that it won't come to a closure. There's been a reason for that holding on, and chasing something all along.

I don’t think there’s any real back bone to that story. I think it was concocted based on assumptions about DS.
I think there's been nothing but concoction for several days now.

Police released clear information about what they were looking for, and requesting people to contact them, ie police.

IMO, anyone with actual information is talking to police and only to police.

Old BBC article from 2013 which is an interesting read. Some snippets:

• Scotland Yard officers are analysing data from phones belonging to people in the village at the time - 41 people of interest have been identified.
  • It is thought some phone numbers might appear on police intelligence systems or be linked to criminals.
  • At that time, detectives said there were 38 "persons of interest" from five different countries - Portugal, the UK and three others that were not named. Police said the number had now gone up to 41, of whom 15 were UK nationals.
  • Of 39,148 documents from the various police and private investigator inquiries detectives from Operation Grange have processed 21,614 of them. The number of police tasks, known as "actions", to be carried out by the new 37-strong investigative team numbers 4,920, of which 2,123 have been completed.

Phone records may aid Madeleine case

I think there's been nothing but concoction for several days now.

Police released clear information about what they were looking for, and requesting people to contact them, ie police.

IMO, anyone with actual information is talking to police and only to police.

What do you think about the article today re: German police having “some evidence” that she was killed? I bought into that, I think. But yeah - a lot of is very woolly now and it doesn’t help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FormerSoldier