Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
it would be pretty much up to the judges to assess the reliability and probative value
So could this explain his other direct quote about the judges? Since it appears he doesn't want to present yet the evidence, trying to find a way to talk about the link?

I have also noticed that lately HCW is using the word abduction, something neither the public appeal had nor was HCW using.

Perhaps they have found other evidence from the photos of the tourists they were asking for in the appeal that show his van/car in the vicinity. Jmo

So could this explain his other direct quote about the judges? Since it appears he doesn't want to present yet the evidence, trying to find a way to talk about the link?

I have also noticed that lately HCW is using the word abduction, something neither the public appeal had nor was HCW using.

Perhaps they have found other evidence from the photos of the tourists they were asking for in the appeal that show his van/car in the vicinity. Jmo
Or perhaps they realise that proving murder without prior abduction might be difficult.

I'd guess what they accuse him of publicly is subject to the Court's publicity orders.

Not really lately. This from Oct 2021 -
German prosecutor Hans Christian Wolters said: “We’re confident we have the man who took and killed her.”
Took = abducted = HCW clearly saying back in early Oct 2021 that CB abducted as well as murdered MM.

Took = abducted = HCW clearly saying back in early Oct 2021 that CB abducted as well as murdered MM.
Yes I meant not from the outright but after a year or so of the public appeal

Or perhaps they realise that proving murder without prior abduction might be difficult.

In Oct 2021, ref my above post, HCW (direct quote) said he was confident that CB both abducted and killed MM.
German prosecutor Hans Christian Wolters said: “We’re confident we have the man who took and killed her.”

In May 2022, HCW was questioned about whether or not CB might have had an accomplice, this is what he said - again, a direct quote:
When she pressed Mr Wolters on if Madeleine was sold to the suspect, he replied "Maybe, it’s a possibility."

So who really can know, in the absence of clarity from HCW, what the actual truth/reality is here.

Last edited:
It's one of the curious paradoxes of the whole investigation into Madeleine's disappearance that those (of, mainly, I think US, on this board) and those who accuse the McCanns that we would both love that neither Brueckner nor anyone remotely like him had anything to do with Madeleine's disappearance.

But those who accuse the McCanns wish so because they want the McCanns convicted for (seemingly!) Bruecner's crimes. The rest (of us!) would love to see Madeleine found, alive and well, and reunited with her brother, sister, mum, dad and her extended family, where she deserves to be.

For some reason, my text-formatting buttons are not lit up and I can't use them.

Why is that?

In Oct 2021, ref my above post, HCW (direct quote) said he was confident that CB both abducted and killed MM.

In May 2022, HCW was questioned about whether or not CB might have had an accomplice, this is what he said - again, a direct quote:

So who really can know, in the absence of clarity from HCW, what the actual truth/reality is here.
"Maybe, it's a possibility" as a reply to a question whether CB had an accomplice, vs 'we are certain he took her and killed her' is not in itself contradictory. HCW has said repeatedly that CB is their only suspect. This does not mean there are no other persons of interest. Jmo

Maybe HCW talks about abduction/murder of MM by CB to maximise the possibility of him being found guilty of at least one. Maybe it is ultra-caution. I think in the early HCW public appeal days there was some kind of coMment that who did the abduction was not so important to a murder charge.

But he's never mentioned 5a .

You mean about abduction?

In the case of abduction perhaps the Court has not seen evidence of the abduction and thus did not authorise HCW to allege crimes in that regard?

Something I find strange about the case is the Court has allowed HCW to go public for his appeal, and presumably there is a written order stating what he is allowed to say, based on public interest, and evidence the Court has seen - yet his public statements sometimes go beyond what seems necessary/justifiable.

In the case of rape investigations, there are well established public interest arguments for pretrial publicity, to enable complainants and witnesses to come forward. Perhaps the Court extended publication orders to these new matters.

But it is hard to understand why the Court would be authorising speculation about how a judge might rule in the MM case (not charged), based on another case (also not charged)

Or did the court just give a very wide discretion to comment on the investigation generally, in any and all matters?

It certainly seems he has become less careful about what he is saying - so maybe the orders got extended, as evidence was discovered.

^ That's an interesting thought, Megnut, that maybe there's some element in the imagery that connects the 3 cases...

It's so difficult to speculate with so little to go on in the MM case.
In 2020 Wolters said they had concrete evidence that CB killed madeleine, 2021 Wolters said they had enough to charge CB ,May of this year they are still working on the theory that CB took and killed Madeleine, yet it seems other lesser charges are a priority .Some like to speculate a conviction for the rape of HB is the key, what if he's not convicted ?

Actually, earlier than Oct 2021.
From the start, when HCW gave his first pressco about CB.
Here is an article from 2020 for example; Der Deutsche Christian B. wird verdächtigt, sie entführt und getötet zu haben.

In the case of abduction perhaps the Court has not seen evidence of the abduction and thus did not authorise HCW to allege crimes in that regard?

Something I find strange about the case is the Court has allowed HCW to go public for his appeal, and presumably there is a written order stating what he is allowed to say, based on public interest, and evidence the Court has seen - yet his public statements sometimes go beyond what seems necessary/justifiable.

In the case of rape investigations, there are well established public interest arguments for pretrial publicity, to enable complainants and witnesses to come forward. Perhaps the Court extended publication orders to these new matters.

But it is hard to understand why the Court would be authorising speculation about how a judge might rule in the MM case (not charged), based on another case (also not charged)

Or did the court just give a very wide discretion to comment on the investigation generally, in any and all matters?

It certainly seems he has become less careful about what he is saying - so maybe the orders got extended, as evidence was discovered.
So HCW is doing everything by the book then... in this specific case which seems to be a different and difficult one. which means there is no question about the evidence they have amassed up to now. The qs then is what links these 3 cases, and what evidence they have and nothing to do with why HCW accuses CB so openly.

I am not aware of how the german legal system works but public appeals seem overall limited and mainly related to fugitives. So this appears a very special case but with the full back up of the court at this stage of the investigations.

In 2020 Wolters said they had concrete evidence that CB killed madeleine, 2021 Wolters said they had enough to charge CB ,May of this year they are still working on the theory that CB took and killed Madeleine, yet it seems other lesser charges are a priority .Some like to speculate a conviction for the rape of HB is the key, what if he's not convicted ?

Your guess is as good as mine.

I cannot for the life of me understand why Wolters said what he said -

"Maybe the judge will think that somebody who has raped more than one woman in the same place where Madeleine was taken would also be more likely to take and kill a young girl. It says something about his character..."

-
without considering what he was revealing about the state of play as regards his primary investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member