Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is really only a few different angles for these shows.

A common one is the contrarian

The police say the accused did the heinous crime but really he stands falsely accused. Let me reveal the truth!

This was common with Pistorius and Knox and even the parents themselves. Whatever you think about innocence in the cases, the way the docos work is to portray the accused as the victim of injustice, but then hint they might really be guilty.

In this case, CB is completely unsympathetic - so MWT seems to have set himself a much more difficult task.

I do wonder if he set out to make this doco and was left with not much he could use for a compelling story.

BIB
we have long wondered whether this 90 min single film that we saw today is it - has it been broadcast in other countries as a 3-part series?

eta: but tbh, this was NOT a compelling story... anybody with half a brain will have already lost it.

Well. I think it's safe to say the MWT was perhaps a little overhyped. :rolleyes:

What a nonsensical pile of deduction that was on the part of MWT. "CB said he was somewhere else", MWT says he can't disprove it because his alibi remembers naff all except she was in Portugal in May 2007 but sure, that'll do. Solid. Besides, CB was so open and honest with MWT by admitting he was dealing drugs on Barranco beach around May 2007, and MWT found a picture of his van there, so CB must be telling the truth about this detail and everything else. Yep. It's so obvious when you don't think about it.

Hey Mark, do you want to buy a bridge mate? I'll do you a great deal.

"If they only knew who I really am."

That is what CB allegedly confided to a friend after his arrest for a petty crime. The "they" who he was supposedly referring to was the police.

"I can imagine myself killing a person faster than an animal." "I like to see disaster situations." "I need dangerous situations."

Those are some of the phrases that a friend of Christian Bruckner told the German police that he heard him say at times.

(Note: I don't know whether any of these were said before or after Madeleine's disappearance.)

Well. I think it's safe to say the MWT was perhaps a little overhyped. :rolleyes:

What a nonsensical pile of deduction that was on the part of MWT. "CB said he was somewhere else", MWT says he can't disprove it because his alibi remembers naff all except she was in Portugal in May 2007 but sure, that'll do. Solid. Besides, CB was so open and honest with MWT by admitting he was dealing drugs on Barranco beach around May 2007, and MWT found a picture of his van there, so CB must be telling the truth about this detail and everything else. Yep. It's so obvious when you don't think about it.

Us here at Websleuths pointed out that a photo of CB's van was parked at Barranco Beach way back in 2020.

To add to the above about CB's alleged statements made to a friend, that same friend said those alleged statements only took place when CB began to trust him. Until then, he believed CB was a pleasant person and thought to be incapable of acts of violence.

Anybody have a link to the MWT doc? Or is it not allowed to be shared?

Just wanted to point out that approximately 5 months before the media heard CB, MWT said the MM case was probably unsolvable.

He also believed Madeleine may have wandered out of the apartment and into the path of the perp.

First of all, how did MM get out of the apartment by herself? Certainly not out of the patio doors because (if he believes Kate) both the baby gate at the top of the veranda stairs and the metal gate that lead to the street were shut. And if MM didn't open the window and shutters by herself, how would he explain the open window and the shutters being raised? The perp went back to open them after he found MM wandering outside? And I seriously doubt she left out of the front door (by herself) because the car park in the very front of the apartment was dark.

He also said, "Unfortunately, in almost every case of stranger child abduction, within the space of 24 hours the child is dead."

Studies have heartbreakingly even narrowed that down in that 76 percent of the missing children homicide cases the child was dead within "three hours" of the abduction.

This study is from the states:
2006 Child Abduction Murder Study

Just a touch ! It was embarrassing at times. Didn’t see all of it but the only bit of new info ? I got was they found indecent photos of
a young girl and her mother at the box factory and that the images were also taken there .

Just a touch ! It was embarrassing at times. Didn’t see all of it but the only bit of new info ? I got was they found indecent photos of
a young girl and her mother at the box factory and that the images were also taken there .
CB has form. Information about indecent pictures of girls that he himself took surface often... what is MWT playing at? CB is not a lowlife crook, he is a convicted rapist and child sex abuser. Why would he have any credibility?

I think one of the most important comments made by HCW is that they don't have forensic evidence of the death of MM. This was as an answer to whether they have forensic evidence linking CB to MM.

Jmo

Even so ... wouldn't make much difference IMO. That doesn't make MM's disappearance less serious.
A perp is a perp. IMO, to snatch a child from the street equals snatching it indoors.
I totally agree I was just pointing out that his hypothesis i.e. Madeleine wandering out of the apartment is flawed if he believes the McCann's version of events, which he does.

MWT has really mis-sold the evidence he claimed to have for this doc IMO. The 'alibi' is no such thing for starters. Not only does the 'fling' not confirm CB's whereabouts for the 3rd, CB says in the letter to MWT he isn't totally sure that's where he was that night either.

I was disappointed with the evidence MWT put forward about the phones as well. He stated the phone could have been within 35km of the PdL mast (or something like that) but didn't give any explanation for how he came to that conclusion. The assertion seems completely at odds with what was stated in the Jutta Rabe doc where they went through it in detail and identified the phone had to have been within a 5 minute radius of the center mast.

As for the other phone owners he apparently identified, again the evidence was completely lacking. The 683 number which he identified as belonging to someone who had searched for disturbing *advertiser censored* appeared to be someone who had the number recently. There was no evidence offered that this person had the phone in 2007 though. And the 680 number that MWT said belonged to a friend of CB's wasn't really explained properly either. From what I gathered, someone had told him a man living near Foral used the number up to 5 months before the disappearance (which I guess coincides with the end of CB's incarceration time, so could it be this person was looking after CB's phone while he was inside?). MWT doesn't really confirm this evidence though, he speaks to the man's wife who doesn't recognise the number and then MWT deduces this man must have had 2 phones. Doesn't seem to occur to him that CB and this man were friends and there could be other explanations for them both having access to this phone.

All in all, the doc was very disappointing and I don't know whether there was stuff they had to cut (for whatever reasons) but the evidence MWT offered up was very speculative and paper thin. That said, the doc did bring up one or two other interesting details and was quite revealing in terms of key people who were notably absent from MWT's discussion points. It's worth a watch anyway just to see Cheyenne greeting MWT at his house! Yikes.
Fhskvshj.jpg

From MWT doc it seems a German scrapyard owner ( presumably BP ) had 680 phone between April - Dec 2006 ( when CB in jail ).
Is possible it’s SY ( not PJ ) that may have a roadblock photo of CB and holiday fling , probably on 9th May , perhaps .
All the hype about MWT blowing away the CB/BKA hypothesis wasn’t really reflected in tone from MWT at end of programme…
Although he was critical of HCW etc… at end he says CB letter is not necessarily something that shuts down BKA case… his conclusion is just that “ he has doubts there is enough evidence yet “ to say CB is responsible for MM … but that “ key evidence to charge him may emerge” , as HCW investigation reveals their hand later , for example I guess…
So just reflecting present situation as far as is publicly known …imo

Last edited:
I totally agree I was just pointing out that his hypothesis i.e. Madeleine wandering out of the apartment is flawed if he believes the McCann's version of events, which he does.
:) Yes, yes! I know you were pointing it out!
MWT shouldn't make a difference between snatching on the street and snatching indoors.
They're both equally evil.

But he was stopped by Portuguese LE?! Not SY. And they appeared at a Portuguese court the next day....
So who would have made that photo, PJ or SY?
According the doc… from CB letter..CB challenged / questioned the photographer…the PJ were there and allegedly said it was someone from NSY that was taking the photo..
Not sure why CB would make up that detail…but who knows..?

Mr Wolters, who is heading the case in Germany, said: “Because Mr Williams-Thomas doesn’t know the files we are not surprised by his opinion. It’s a fact that the suspect has no alibi.

“We found nobody who gives Christian B an alibi. And the suspect doesn’t claim an alibi.”

I have wondered about the wandering thing myself - it's part of my carnival of mirrors theory

Let's assume CB is guilty

Could it have been the case that the Tapas group cross-contaminated and tailored their evidence out of fear and self preservation rather than any conspiracy, and thus cast suspicion on themselves and diverted the investigation?

It would explain a hell of a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members