Madeleine McCann: German Prisoner Identified as Suspect, #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the significance of the quoted article? Is that you? I hope you don’t mind me asking.

Nope it isn't me. The author is B O'D. I don't mind you asking at all, my bad for not making it clear enough what I was talking about.

The post followed on from discussion of the behaviour of the GNR dogs who followed a trail to a carpark before coming to an abrupt halt because they lost the scent.
MM crossed the car park every day from one side to the other and would have done so that morning.

The cite was chosen to demonstrate the usual behaviour of abductors from one who had experience and knowledge of such incidents. I have none.

Apparently it is the norm for perpetrators such as this to use a vehicle. The fact that the trail the dogs followed ended at the car park, suggested that a vehicle which might have been of interest, had been parked there.

I once worked as a producer in the BBC crime unit. I directed many reconstructions and spent my second pregnancy producing new investigations for Crimewatch. Detectives would call me daily, detailing their cases, and some stories stay with me still, such as the ones about a girl being snatched from her bath, or her bike, or her garden and then held in the passenger seat, or stuffed in the boot. There was always a vehicle, and the first few hours were crucial to the outcome. Afterwards, they would be dumped naked in an alley, or at a petrol station with a £10 note to "get a cab back to Mummy". They would be found within an hour or two. Sometimes.

MM crossed the carpark every day of her stay. The dogs did not go any further than the entrance where both teams lost the scent they had been following. The implication being they were not following MM's daily route.
My opinion. It is possible the trail the dogs followed led to a car parked in the carpark at the spot where the dogs lost the scent.
It was a very risky place to park. Between 9pm and 10pm Gerry, Jane (twice), Matthew and Russell (twice) were around. Also Stephen Carpenter with his wife and children. In addition the chef from the central kitchen was visiting the Tapas restaurant. Any one of them could have seen someone leaving the alley and crossing over to the car park.

It was a very risky place to park. Between 9pm and 10pm Gerry, Jane (twice), Matthew and Russell (twice) were around. Also Stephen Carpenter with his wife and children. In addition the chef from the central kitchen was visiting the Tapas restaurant. Any one of them could have seen someone leaving the alley and crossing over to the car park.
Anyone illegally enetering holiday apartments and people’s homes to rob and rape is indulging in risky behaviour. Perhaps it is all part of the thrill. Let’s not forget this guy thought nothing of masturbating in front of small children in a public place when their parents were just yards away.

If Madeleine crossed the car park everyday and the dogs were following her scent then there's no reason to stop at the entrance, that implication imo suggest they weren't following her scent.

That is the logical conclusion.

But both dog teams independent one from the other certainly followed a scent to that location.

There is a reason for that, we just don't know what it may be.

I'd like to know your thoughts or opinions.

In case CB abducted and/or killed MM ...

(1) Did he do it alone?

(2) If they had an accomplice, who was?

Thanks!
I think MT would be my 1st choice as an accomplice if there is one.

Lived with CB at the farmhouse prior to being locked up
Committed crime/s together with CB
Knew of some of CB's perversions, but still hung out with him.
Spent ~8 months locked up with CB for criminality. (maybe this was when plans were hatched, possibly with other inmate/s)
MT was one of the last and first persons to have known contact with CB before and after May 3rd
The fact that MT has most probably lied in his statements to LE about when he last saw CB before May 3rd is a big red flag IMO. Of course the VW camper sighted at the March 07 Dragon Festival could have been driven by someone else, or that CB and MT were both at the festival (MT has said himself that he attended the festival) but for some reason didn't meet up, both scenarios seem unlikely imo.

So what reason would MT have to lie about this?

That is the logical conclusion.

But both dog teams independent one from the other certainly followed a scent to that location.

There is a reason for that, we just don't know what it may be.
Your last few posts appear to suggest you think MM could have been taken along the route of the GNR dogs to the car park and then taken away in a car.

I could have happened this way, we don’t know but why would a perp exit 5A and take MM around the block of apartments back towards the resort reception and into a car park there when there is a secluded car park immediately at the back of 5A.

I think MT would be my 1st choice as an accomplice if there is one.

Lived with CB at the farmhouse prior to being locked up
Committed crime/s together with CB
Knew of some of CB's perversions, but still hung out with him.
Spent ~8 months locked up with CB for criminality. (maybe this was when plans were hatched, possibly with other inmate/s)
MT was one of the last and first persons to have known contact with CB before and after May 3rd
The fact that MT has most probably lied in his statements to LE about when he last saw CB before May 3rd is a big red flag IMO. Of course the VW camper sighted at the March 07 Dragon Festival could have been driven by someone else, or that CB and MT were both at the festival (MT has said himself that he attended the festival) but for some reason didn't meet up, both scenarios seem unlikely imo.

So what reason would MT have to lie about this?
NF meets several of these points too.

Given CB and his associates are a bunch of dodgy criminals, I can’t see how the info wasn’t leaked well before now if there were more than one offender.

If it was an abduction, my bet is on a single offender.

Your last few posts appear to suggest you think MM could have been taken along the route of the GNR dogs to the car park and then taken away in a car.

I could have happened this way, we don’t know but why would a perp exit 5A and take MM around the block of apartments back towards the resort reception and into a car park there when there is a secluded car park immediately at the back of 5A.
Perhaps the perp deliberately did not park his vehicle right outside the apartment he planned to burgle. Perhaps he did not intend to remove a small child from the apartment when he parked his car.

Perhaps the perp deliberately did not park his vehicle right outside the apartment he planned to burgle. Perhaps he did not intend to remove a small child from the apartment when he parked his car.
I'm sure he could have chosen a less obvious parking spot than right outside the second busiest hub in the Ocean Club.

I really do have an open mind about what happened that night because we simply do not know the sequence of events as applicable to the behaviour of kidnappers or what contingency plans they might have had to put in motion.

For example I think the fact that the victim’s father and an acquaintance made an unscheduled stop to have a conversation might have caused a minor change to plan if there was one.

Anyone sitting in a car at the point where the dogs lost the scent was at a good observation post. They would have had an uninterrupted view of the comings and goings between the tapas and the apartment block and a general overview of what was going on around.

I do not think it was a ‘pick up point’, nor do I have any strong opinion as to why the dogs took the route they did or why they lost the scent at that spot.

Another conundrum was the reaction from both dogs at the door of apartment 5L. I don’t think rotting food in a fridge covers that one either.

I'm sure he could have chosen a less obvious parking spot than right outside the second busiest hub in the Ocean Club.
Based on similar logic I could say that anyone intent on disposing of a child's body could have picked a less obvious route than right through the centre of town.
Perhaps all the more suitable parking slots were full when he parked?

Lets say for arguments for sake CB went into 5a with the view of robbing the place, he wouldn't need to be parked close, its suggested that he once worked at the OC so if seen wandering around no one would have put much stall on it, but to suddenly be placed in the situation of wandering around with a child in his arms adds another dimension, if its him how was he so lucky ?

I really do have an open mind about what happened that night because we simply do not know the sequence of events as applicable to the behaviour of kidnappers or what contingency plans they might have had to put in motion.

For example I think the fact that the victim’s father and an acquaintance made an unscheduled stop to have a conversation might have caused a minor change to plan if there was one.

Anyone sitting in a car at the point where the dogs lost the scent was at a good observation post. They would have had an uninterrupted view of the comings and goings between the tapas and the apartment block and a general overview of what was going on around.

I do not think it was a ‘pick up point’, nor do I have any strong opinion as to why the dogs took the route they did or why they lost the scent at that spot.

Another conundrum was the reaction from both dogs at the door of apartment 5L. I don’t think rotting food in a fridge covers that one either.
Anything is possible, I just don’t think there is much to be gleaned from the GNR dogs.

If you had planned to steal a child why do so via an indirect route? Why park in a place where witnesses are likely to see your car?

If there can be no explanation for making the three left turns why would the final location be relevant?

So why would the perp take the route the dogs took? He was increasing the risk of being spotted or caught… stealing a child.

Lets say for arguments for sake CB went into 5a with the view of robbing the place, he wouldn't need to be parked close, its suggested that he once worked at the OC so if seen wandering around no one would have put much stall on it, but to suddenly be placed in the situation of wandering around with a child in his arms adds another dimension, if its him how was he so lucky ?

Acted alone.
Most likely alone...how many of his criminal friends would sanction the abduction of a child

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14