Madeleine McCann: German Prisoner Identified as Suspect, #33

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you give him far too much attention than he deserves.

I think had GA not deliberately leaked confidential information which one can only speculate was given to him by someone in the Portuguese police, I think the investigation would have been handled differently.

By this stage GA had been a civilian for a number of years and had absolutely no locus in this case. He most certainly had no business pontificating misinformation concerning an active case he knew nothing at all about.

Who was this man to criticise an active police investigation and even to write a book about it. I think he really does have an axe to grind.
:::: :::: :::: :::: :::: :::: :::: :::: ::::

From the Irish Mirror 2021
Now CA has written a second book - Maddie: Enough Lies - in which he says prime suspect CB is innocent.
He claims German prosecutors have turned the convicted paedophile into a “man-made Frankenstein”.
GA, 61, accuses them of doing a botch job as part of a “discredited desire” to link Brueckner the crime.
And he says Brueckner has been made the prime suspect because of a “biased” German investigation.

They can't interview him formally as a suspect without having to show all their evidence, which any competent prosecutor isn't going to do until the time suits them.

My understanding though is they have attempted to question him informally and CB has already made comments confirming as such, even claiming they offered him protection if he cooperated or presumably could show someone else was responsible.

Sounds like CB basically told them to F off. FF has followed the same theme. We'll be drinking holy water in hell before CB cooperates... odd thing to say when you've nothing to hide IMO. Imagine how it would go down if the McCanns said something like that.

Only an idiot would talk to investigators outside of the legal protections whether guilty or innocent

Especially no decent counsel would allow it.

In the UK such an interview is not allowed without disclosure for obvious constitutional reasons

This is becoming a circular argument. My point is simply that CB should not be expected to defend himself until he is officially accused <modsnip>

HCW has stated: “It is now possible that we could charge. We have that evidence now.” This was in October 2021… 18-months later and still no charge… not even a timeline for one.

Quite apart from anything else how can you exonerate yourself if you don’t know the allegations against you?

We don’t allow this in our legal systems for good reasons and usually this kind of interview would not be admissible. For example where police try to interrogate the suspect as a witness without the appropriate warnings and disclosures.

It’s not as if CB is being interviewed as a witness. He has been accused. Only an idiot would seek to collaborate with the prosecutor to prove their innocence outside of the charging and trial process

RSBM

KM did not cooperate on the advice of her lawyer.
Having been, at the very least, accused of being part of a conspiracy to take Madeleine somewhere in a vehicle hired 3 weeks after a full
Quite apart from anything else how can you exonerate yourself if you don’t know the allegations against you?

We don’t allow this in our legal systems for good reasons and usually this kind of interview would not be admissible. For example where police try to interrogate the suspect as a witness without the appropriate warnings and disclosures.

It’s not as if CB is being interviewed as a witness. He has been accused. Only an idiot would seek to collaborate with the prosecutor to prove their innocence outside of the charging and trial process
Herr Wolters also said that there is no hurry to press charges, as Brueckner is incarcerated for the foreseeable future, convicted of unconnected crimes.

Jurisdiction had already been established by the Judiciary. It's that decision that the defence have challenged, based on their assetion that the box factory counts as a domicile, despite it not being a registered residence. I think the prosecutors would argue that it having no utilities makes it an unviable permanent place of residence and it was technically illegal to "live" there unless CB were to apply for a change of use. It was a commercial property not a home.

It's a bit like someone turning around and claiming they'd stopped living in their home and that they were actually living in their workplace in another region, so the prosecutors in their home region no longer have Jurisdiction to charge them. And then putting the onus on the prosecutors to prove their claim of residence was untrue.

Plenty of people live somewhere different than where they are officially registered.

One example is where someone actually lives at a weekend house where you are not allowed to be registered but maintains an urban registration say in social housing in order not to lose the apartment.

In such a case this exact argument would arise. This is fairly common.

Yes we have. The court have accepted (for the moment) the defence's claim that the box factory can count as a domicile and that CB was technically "living" there based on the fact CB claims he was and that some of his stuff was there to back up that claim. It's not proven though, that is just the opinion formed by the presiding judge. Let's just see what happens in the appeal, which court takes on the cases matters little in the grand scheme.

The point is, the Braunschweig prosecutors were correct to assume the initial jurisdiction because it was not proven that CB was "living" in Saxony, or that the factory should count as a domicile when it was not registered as a residence.

The issue of jurisdiction didn’t come up in the last trial because CB didn’t have the same quality of lawyer.

That’s how Braunschweig managed to get themselves in such a mess years later.

They should have determined this issue years ago.

It is my firm belief that the investigation was prematurely forced to go public with information before it was ready to do so.

To all intents and purposes the confidentiality was compromised by a leak in 2019 and later on in 2020 the press had worked out who one of two German jailed paedophiles actually was.

I think it was a blow to the investigation who would have reacted differently had it not happened.

An investigator who reacts to leak with naming the suspect in the press and saying "I am 100% sure it was him" is grossly unprofessional. Also, the media would be not able to identify CB so swiftly if the Germans did not provide in their first appeals so many stuff about the suspect that was not exactly required to get witnesses (the offences he was in prison for, the reregistration of the car, previous convictions, that he lived in Portugal on and off, that coupled with quite necessary info about the cars he drove made him easy to identify). If someone was leaking it were Germans, not Amaral.

It is my firm belief that the investigation was prematurely forced to go public with information before it was ready to do so.

To all intents and purposes the confidentiality was compromised by a leak in 2019 and later on in 2020 the press had worked out who one of two German jailed paedophiles actually was.

I think it was a blow to the investigation who would have reacted differently had it not happened.

New German suspect for the Madeleine McCann case was predicted by Goncalo Amaral 14 months ago
Mark Saunokonoko (Maddie Podcast): 14 months ago, in April 2019, Goncalo Amaral told me British police were "preparing the end of the investigation, with a German paedophile who is in prison right now" and the prisoner "is probably going to be the scapegoat for the case."

April 30, 2019 Article for 9news.com.au:

The whole GA prediction thing only came about after a request from BKA to impound the VW from BP's scrapyard. The same as GA states that CB was investigated shortly after MM's disappearance, that officers knocked on his door (I think the courts had the scrapyard noted as CB's address at the time) to collect non payment of fines. CB wasn't home, the officers left and that was that. Not exactly an investigation, and nothing to do with the MM case.
GA likes to try and make himself relevant, but he has left it a little late in life to achieve that imo.

I think had GA not deliberately leaked confidential information which one can only speculate was given to him by someone in the Portuguese police, I think the investigation would have been handled differently.

By this stage GA had been a civilian for a number of years and had absolutely no locus in this case. He most certainly had no business pontificating misinformation concerning an active case he knew nothing at all about.

Who was this man to criticise an active police investigation and even to write a book about it. I think he really does have an axe to grind.
:::: :::: :::: :::: :::: :::: :::: :::: ::::

From the Irish Mirror 2021
Now CA has written a second book - Maddie: Enough Lies - in which he says prime suspect CB is innocent.
He claims German prosecutors have turned the convicted paedophile into a “man-made Frankenstein”.
GA, 61, accuses them of doing a botch job as part of a “discredited desire” to link Brueckner the crime.
And he says Brueckner has been made the prime suspect because of a “biased” German investigation.
RSBM

GA has a theory about what happened that night. He has made public statements about it. As the lead detective on the case he likely knows more about it than us.

Similarly, HCW has a theory about the case. He has also made statements about his theory. Again, he may know more about it than us.

Neither theory has ever been tested in court. These situations are very similar except GA has gone on the record to explain his theory.

What I find hard to understand is why GA is vilified and HCW blindly trusted in very similar scenarios, especially when we fully understand GA’s theory but are completely ignorant of HCW’s.

Only time will tell the outcome but it is feasible that HCW could end up in the same position as GA.

What I find hard to understand is why GA is vilified and HCW blindly trusted in very similar scenarios, especially when we fully understand GA’s theory but are completely ignorant of HCW’s.

RSBM

This is what annoys me about the coverage of Sandra F

On one hand she now claims she was misled by background briefings in 07 where the evidence didn't stack up at the end of the day, but now she blindly accepts more briefings from HCW with no evidence to back them up.

Nothing was learned in 07

Only time will tell the outcome but it is feasible that HCW could end up in the same position as GA.

RSBM

What we can say after 3 years is that it is increasingly hard to believe all these theories about why there are no charges yet. HB gives a very useful yard stick. A brand new break in a cold case came from the appeal. They build a case from scratch and charged it.

Especially the idea you have to wait for the results of the HB case to have a stronger case on MM doesn't seem credible to me. None of this suggests great competence right now.

Actions speak louder than words. IMO, there is physical/forensic evidence in the HB case and the MO as per her original statement is very close to that of DM. If the evidence in the MM case was close to this, I’m sure there would have been a charge. Therefore, I think it’s safe to assume issues in the MM investigation and only a small chance of a charge.

RSBM

This is what annoys me about the coverage of Sandra F

On one hand she now claims she was misled by background briefings in 07 where the evidence didn't stack up at the end of the day, but now she blindly accepts more briefings from HCW with no evidence to back them up.

Nothing was learned in 07
What has SF blindly accepted?

RSBM

GA has a theory about what happened that night. He has made public statements about it. As the lead detective on the case he likely knows more about it than us.

Similarly, HCW has a theory about the case. He has also made statements about his theory. Again, he may know more about it than us.

Neither theory has ever been tested in court. These situations are very similar except GA has gone on the record to explain his theory.

Probably because we’ve seen GA’s full hand and know he was bluffing. As yet we don’t know the full extent of HCW’s and he may currently hold 3 aces, waiting on the fourth to be dealt him. We currently give him the benefit of the doubt (well, some of us do).

Probably because we’ve seen GA’s full hand and know he was bluffing. As yet we don’t know the full extent of HCW’s and he may currently hold 3 aces, waiting on the fourth to be dealt him. We currently give him the benefit of the doubt (well, some of us do).
I think some people are giving HCW more than the 'benefit of the doubt'.

I think some people are giving HCW more than the 'benefit of the doubt'.
So what if they do? We’re all different. Some people think GA solved this case in 2007. Clearly he did not but they persist in that belief 16 years later. Some people find those people’s belief in GA a bit hard to understand given that we know he had nothing.

I think that discussing about GA and HCW is a loss of time now.
We are websleuths. I think we must think and generate ideas about what we can do to locate evidence, against or pro, CB involvement in MM's crime.
Maybe more Open Source Intelligence (OSINT), for example, which is a totally legal activity.
I am thinking, for example, of @Malleux searching images of Praia do Barranco, that type of activity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025