Madeleine McCann: German Prisoner Identified as Suspect, #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that discussing about GA and HCW is a loss of time now.
We are websleuths. I think we must think and generate ideas about what we can do to locate evidence, against or pro, CB involvement in MM's crime.
<modsnip - not an approve source>
I am thinking, for example, of @Malleux searching images of Praia do Barranco, that type of activity.
Okay, does anyone know the locations of the three wells that the PJ searched in 2021?

ETA, they were in the Praia de Boca de Rio area.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, does anyone know the locations of the three wells that the PJ searched in 2021?

ETA, they were in the Praia de Boca de Rio area.
Also their link to CB, if there is one.If its random ones then all random ones need to be searched, if it was intel then it was flawed like that which OG based their digs on.

We are websleuths. I think we must think and generate ideas about what we can do to locate evidence, against or pro, CB involvement in MM's crime.
Maybe more Open Source Intelligence (OSINT), for example, which is a totally legal activity.
I am thinking, for example, of @Malleux searching images of Praia do Barranco, that type of activity.
The link with GA the MET and the BKA is no body, IMo it can't be solved with out one.

Also their link to CB, if there is one.If its random ones then all random ones need to be searched, if it was intel then it was flawed like that which OG based their digs on.
I think we should assume there was intel behind these particular wells.

There is a well here:

(37.0814989, -8.8108078)

And possibly one here - looks like a deserted farm:

(37.0768843, -8.8160563)

The question is why the wells were searched. Was it at the request of the Germans or was it part of an unrelated Portuguese investigation.

The question is why the wells were searched. Was it at the request of the Germans or was it part of an unrelated Portuguese investigation.
At the time, HCW said that it wasn’t at the request of the German investigation.

While I think the general view of the Portuguese would be similar to GA or they don’t care, I’m sure some in the PJ have seperate thoughts and theories. The wells could be one of those. At the time I thought they wanted to solve it before the Germans did but who knows.

I understand it was not a German request. They saw the Westfalia picture and decided to search the nearby wells.

Reactions: Mex
There is a well here:

(37.0814989, -8.8108078)

And possibly one here - looks like a deserted farm:

(37.0768843, -8.8160563)

Also 37.082590, -8.823740

June 22,2007 Google Earth. Also see Google Maps and Street View.

1683453327994.png

Last edited:
Maybe more Open Source Intelligence (OSINT), for example, which is a totally legal activity.
The issue with that is, there's a suspect now link it to him, rather than there's evidence who does it lead to.

This is what HCW said about the well searches on the Discovery+ documentary:

"The search operation took place following a tip from Germany, which we had received and passed on to the Portuguese police. I can't tell you any specifics. I can just confirm that a piece of information from Germany led to it, which we had passed on to the Portuguese police. But I cannot disclose the exact background or possible results at the moment."

The wells were all around this area:

Budens, Faro District

This is what HCW said about the well searches on the Discovery+ documentary:

"The search operation took place following a tip from Germany, which we had received and passed on to the Portuguese police. I can't tell you any specifics. I can just confirm that a piece of information from Germany led to it, which we had passed on to the Portuguese police. But I cannot disclose the exact background or possible results at the moment."

The wells were all around this area:

Budens, Faro District
Do you mean Praia da Boca do Rio to the Northwest to Budens? Did they search near Praia do barranco? I wonder if they have also searched the wells near the Farm House.

I had understood that Wolters said that the searches took him by surprise.

The wells were on the road going from Budens to Boca do Rio. They didn't search near Praia do Barranco, no.

I do remember, right near the beginning of all this, the photo of the Westfalia on the beach was incorrectly attributed as being on Boca do Rio by some elements of the press. So I think there was some confusion over that.

The wells were on the road going from Budens to Boca do Rio. They didn't search near Praia do Barranco, no.

I do remember, right near the beginning of all this, the photo of the Westfalia on the beach was incorrectly attributed as being on Boca do Rio by some elements of the press. So I think there was some confusion over that.
So, a very poor tip from the Germans.
Nevertheless, good to see PJ doing something.

One example below. I think it was actually someone on WS who first figured out the picture was taken on Praia do Barranco.

The three abandoned wells in Vila do Bispo are in an area known to have been a haunt of Brueckner.

A police photo of his VW van was taken at nearby Boca do Rio beach.

So, a very poor tip from the Germans.
Nevertheless, good to see PJ doing something.
Well, we don't know what the tip was exactly or why the PJ narrowed in on those 3 specific wells. HCW said the search wasn't done in consultation with them, only that it was based on some intel from the Germans.

I do wonder perhaps if the intel was something to do with something being disposed of in a well (body or weapon etc) and that the PJ picked those ones out to search on the incorrect belief CB was staying on Boca do Rio and not Barranco.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member