Madeleine McCann: German Prisoner Identified as Suspect, #34

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps LE have gone old school and beaten and tortured CB until he confessed?? We will never know.

Just seems all too odd to me that arguably one of the most famous cases in the world “suddenly” someone from the underworld has spoken up. Even weirder that this person provided evidence to support their tip.
I disagree that anything happened "suddenly" in relation to the MM investigation and CB's alleged role in it.

In 2007 - CB was on police radar.

In 2008 - MC financed the only search of the dam based on an underworld tip off.

In 2013 - CB was again checked out. Perhaps as intelligence after MM's parents tv appearance.

In 2017 - I think investigators began to look at him in earnest.

So in reality, nothing was 'sudden', conversely it could be said " 'twas a long time coming!"

I think someone may have provided photographs of CB‘s vehicle at the site and they are looking for an item from the photo: ‘rags’. Cleaning rags?

Could be someone who visited him or someone who was camping there.

Maybe a stretch....

But if they have a photo that fresh eyes scoured --

Something like CB washing his van -- with a rag -- that looks suspiciously like a square of MM's blanket or pajamas....

Brazen.

Jmo

Anyone watching right now - does one of those 2 guys walking away from the trees look like MT?
It looks really really dry there. Its a mammoth task to check all that and I believe they will need a lot more time to do it.

Maybe a stretch....

Something like CB washing his van -- with a rag -- that looks suspiciously like a square of MM's blanket or pajamas....

Brazen.

Jmo
Possibly just his own photos containing regular cleaning rags that could contain DNA/fibres and they got MT or CP to identify the location.

Maybe a stretch....

Brazen.

Jmo
Sounds bizarre enough to be a possibility. It is a fact that CB retained photographs some of which were souvenirs of his crimes.

What is more innocuous than a jolly photo of bucket, soapsuds and cleaning rag with the subject having a laugh with friends. With only he being aware of the significance.

Absolute speculation but there is at least one known precedent of the documentation of their crimes by the child murderers Hindley and Brady. Restricted only by the technology available to them at the time,

Possibly just his own photos containing regular cleaning rags that could contain DNA/fibres and they got MT or CP to identify the location.
IMO if that were/is the case they’d need pretty good basis to believe he left/hid the rags in this location. But IMO the link you’ve made between Madeleine’s clothing- cleaning rags & that area is a very good hypothesis

Also, if CB’s phone signal was apparently picked up near the Ocean Club on the date of MM’s disappearance, could it have also been picked up at the reservoir in the following days, giving the Police further reason to suspect the current search site.

RSBM

Possible - but I presume they never got those cell tower records 16 years ago. I wonder if they still exist?

I believe there is an account in the files that the GA investigation sent off to M&S in England for matching pyjamas.

KM elevated the pyjamas thus procured at a press conference to publicise MM's disappearance.

I don't know what police information was gathered re batch numbers etc;
Any fibres would need to be kept in the same conditions, is the soil acidic ,alkaline, neutral, same with the water, how does the sun effect the fibres etc, any defence lawyer if needed would soon be on to forensics as such, nope it's remains that will solve it ,If there are any that is.

Going back to my climate/ecology musings. The area around the dam has dry hot summers and mild winters with moderate rainfall. The landscape is rolling hills of medronho shrubs (strawberry trees) and cork oaks. Both of which thrive in poor, acidic, rocky soils and alleviate desertification.

The shrubs have a dense foliage throughout the year. Both strawberry trees and cork oaks are fire-resistant and can contribute to the discontinuity of fire-prone pines and eucalyptus monocultures. Eucalyptus trees, also evergreens, are drought resistant but notoriously combustible in bushfires.

Worth mentioning that Silves has had severe wildfires over the years, including 2018.

Wildfires rage in the Algarve – in pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member