Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RSBM

Possible - but I presume they never got those cell tower records 16 years ago. I wonder if they still exist?
I have since read that it was due to a phone call CB took which placed him at the Ocean Club, not simply the phone signal. I haven’t seen whether this evidence was gathered at the time or since. I think they would have been able to detect just a phone signal though back then, but how long these records are actually kept for and whether a phone signal would have even been in range at the reservoir, as so often not used to be the case at remote places, make my original suggestion seem less likely.

I have since read that it was due to a phone call CB took which placed him at the Ocean Club, not simply the phone signal. I haven’t seen whether this evidence was gathered at the time or since. I think they would have been able to detect just a phone signal though back then, but how long these records are actually kept for and whether a phone signal would have even been in range at the reservoir, as so often not used to be the case at remote places, make my original suggestion seem less likely.

Once he became a suspect, they probably subpoenaed all records for that number, but i don't know if those tower records would exist anymore. They have limited PDL records, because those were subpoenaed at the time.

They ‘received a tip-off from a very credible German police informer’

CP, HB, BP, MS, Panikspatz, NF are the Germans we know of. Have I forgotten anyone? There was a German who owned the restaurant in Foral.

Last edited:
There's what to my eyes looks like a mobile mast on top of the hill behind the reservoir, but whether it was there in 2007 (?)

CP, HB, BP, MS, Panikspatz, NF are the Germans we know of. Have I forgotten anyone? There was a German who owned the restaurant in Foral.
Dieter F., N.F.'s dad.
The owner of the restaurant was Tiziano I.

Last edited:
The below is from the Independent...

"Divers searching for Madeleine McCann probe the Barragem do Arade reservoir in Portugal for the second day as they look for the pink pyjamas the toddler was wearing when she vanished."

And the below from JC in OP

"First made aware of the plans for ‘an action’ on May 7, the Olive Press was told last Thursday that a search was ‘24 hours to 48 hours away’. We chose to stay quiet.

Coordinated between a female prosecutor in Portimao and her counterpart in Braunschweig, Hans Christian Wolters, around 10 German BKA detectives are working with over 20 Portuguese police and ‘up to five’ detectives from Operation Grange, in London.

Yesterday, police with sniffer dogs combed the edge of the reservoir, while divers entered the murky water.

During the course of the day at least three sacks of materials dug up had been put in Ford Ranger SUVs, which had driven down from the BKA’s headquarters in Wiesbaden.

Sources claimed photos of main suspect Brueckner had appeared of him beside the lake, while police were allegedly specifically looking for fibres of the pink pyjamas Madeleine was wearing on the night she vanished.

While sources in Germany told the Olive Press the new tip was ‘entirely credible’ and came from a totally different source, it ties in closely with ‘underworld sources’ who had told Correia about the lake in 2007."

From your link
"... Wolters appeared to calm expectations of what might be found, saying, 'We never said that the girl disappeared where we are now searching."

From your link
"... Wolters appeared to calm expectations of what might be found, saying, 'We never said that the girl disappeared where we are now searching."
This is ambiguous. Of course MM did not disappear there. She disappeared from the OC - not sure what this means or whether the meaning has been lost in translation

This is ambiguous. Of course MM did not disappear there. She disappeared from the OC - not sure what this means or whether the meaning has been lost in translation
The implication I read into it was that he does not expect to find MM or trace of her there based on the weight of the claimed evidence which convinced the BKA of CB's role in her murder.

Suggestive of a separate location.

The below is from the Independent...

"Divers searching for Madeleine McCann probe the Barragem do Arade reservoir in Portugal for the second day as they look for the pink pyjamas the toddler was wearing when she vanished."

And the below from JC in OP

"First made aware of the plans for ‘an action’ on May 7, the Olive Press was told last Thursday that a search was ‘24 hours to 48 hours away’. We chose to stay quiet.

Coordinated between a female prosecutor in Portimao and her counterpart in Braunschweig, Hans Christian Wolters, around 10 German BKA detectives are working with over 20 Portuguese police and ‘up to five’ detectives from Operation Grange, in London.

Yesterday, police with sniffer dogs combed the edge of the reservoir, while divers entered the murky water.

During the course of the day at least three sacks of materials dug up had been put in Ford Ranger SUVs, which had driven down from the BKA’s headquarters in Wiesbaden.

Sources claimed photos of main suspect Brueckner had appeared of him beside the lake, while police were allegedly specifically looking for fibres of the pink pyjamas Madeleine was wearing on the night she vanished.

While sources in Germany told the Olive Press the new tip was ‘entirely credible’ and came from a totally different source, it ties in closely with ‘underworld sources’ who had told Correia about the lake in 2007."

Only 4 officers at grange now unless the number was upped for their observation skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth