Madeleine McCann: German Prisoner Identified as Suspect, #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But tell me @Mex, please, for what time and location CB must present an alibi.
I think if CB had some sort of verifiable alibi which made it impossible for him to be in the vicinity of apartment 5A between 2100 and 2000hrs he would be off the hook for abduction.

The Policia Judiciaria dismissed at least two references to GM because other evidence proved he wasn’t where witnesses thought they had seen him,
(a) he was seated at the tapas table
(b) his phone signal eliminated the possibility of him being in another town.
The PJ checked the witness statements and the evidence was such that two lines of enquiry were eliminated.

I think that is what HCW and the BKA are doing in the process of building the case against against CB. I think they are evidence gatherers and collators but the burden of proof ultimately does not lie with them, that’s for the courts.

CB is definitely a suspect in the murder of MM. I don’t think there is any polite way of publicising that or the seriousness of the evidence which has led to that classification.

I think if CB had some sort of verifiable alibi which made it impossible for him to be in the vicinity of apartment 5A between 2100 and 2000hrs he would be off the hook for abduction.

The Policia Judiciaria dismissed at least two references to GM because other evidence proved he wasn’t where witnesses thought they had seen him,
The PJ checked the witness statements and the evidence was such that two lines of enquiry were eliminated.

I think that is what HCW and the BKA are doing in the process of building the case against against CB. I think they are evidence gatherers and collators but the burden of proof ultimately does not lie with them, that’s for the courts.

CB is definitely a suspect in the murder of MM. I don’t think there is any polite way of publicising that or the seriousness of the evidence which has led to that classification.

But that is for abduction, alibi for murder?

On the first day, the main area searched is the area marked as "Parking Arade" on Google maps.

Yesterday they seemed to be in the trees further up the hill but I'm not sure of the exact location.
On the live stream, all the vehicles going out to the search site were 4x4 utilities - looks steep in places. Would this area be accessible by a VW T3?

Why would he go to the trouble of burning her body? Risky too, people are attracted to fires in public places - especially in tourist places.
It's not a "touristy" place, it's very remote and has virtually no local population. Aside from a few hikers and such there's not usually many people around, particularly at night. Back in 2007 there apparently used to be a few van lifers dotted around the area and campfires at night were common, so a fire is not something that would arouse any suspicion. If you look back on google street view, across various dates in the past, you'll struggle to spot a single person there, there's a few campervans dotted around, mainly in the big parking areas up the hill but that's about it.

GA’s predictable commentary:

@Malleux GA seems to think she has been cremated too - perhaps he has inside info.

Last edited:
Hi, I've followed this thread for a while but never actually commented.

So it's well known that there were 2 sisters walking by the hotel more specifically the apartment 5A the day of madeleines abduction. That reported seeing 2 blonde haired males near/around. They were stood in an area where they could see the tapas restaurant/pool. This was during the day of the abduction.

Witnesses also reported seeing am 'ugly looking male with a spot pocked complexion' in the days prior to madeleines abduction.

A witness also saw a child being passed in to a car, driving off and heading towards the port. Not long after a witness saw a man and woman with a child (covered in a blanket) I think they said crossing the road in the dark and they looked shaken that the driver caught them in their headlights.

Now this could be an out there theory. But is there something in whatever they've got already that links up to CB,
The car?
A second blonde man?
A woman? CB ex girlfriend?

It's something that has bugged me for a while
I'll have a look for the witnesses statements.

I think personally part of this search is a tactic to spook CB into thinking someone has told, or to spook anyone else involved into talking or possibly making a panicked error. Are they watching someone whilst the search is taking place, or is it smoke and mirrors for everyone to look at the search when in reality something else is happening the other way.

Is it possible that CB is being used as a scape goat by other criminals and is being set up to take the heat from someone else? But if so why hasn't CB spoken out. He's got nothing to loose ATM.

This is JMO

It's not a "touristy" place, it's very remote and has virtually no local population. Aside from a few hikers and such there's not usually many people around, particularly at night. Back in 2007 there apparently used to be a few van lifers dotted around the area and campfires at night were common, so a fire is not something that would arouse any suspicion. If you look back on google street view, across various dates in the past, you'll struggle to spot a single person there, there's a few campervans dotted around, mainly in the big parking areas up the hill but that's about it.
It’s within 30mins of major tourist resorts and just off a main road - it’s not Alaska!

Hi, I've followed this thread for a while but never actually commented.

So it's well known that there were 2 sisters walking by the hotel more specifically the apartment 5A the day of madeleines abduction. That reported seeing 2 blonde haired males near/around. They were stood in an area where they could see the tapas restaurant/pool. This was during the day of the abduction.

Witnesses also reported seeing am 'ugly looking male with a spot pocked complexion' in the days prior to madeleines abduction.

A witness also saw a child being passed in to a car, driving off and heading towards the port. Not long after a witness saw a man and woman with a child (covered in a blanket) I think they said crossing the road in the dark and they looked shaken that the driver caught them in their headlights.

Now this could be an out there theory. But is there something in whatever they've got already that links up to CB,
The car?
A second blonde man?
A woman? CB ex girlfriend?

It's something that has bugged me for a while
I'll have a look for the witnesses statements.

I think personally part of this search is a tactic to spook CB into thinking someone has told, or to spook anyone else involved into talking or possibly making a panicked error. Are they watching someone whilst the search is taking place, or is it smoke and mirrors for everyone to look at the search when in reality something else is happening the other way.

Is it possible that CB is being used as a scape goat by other criminals and is being set up to take the heat from someone else? But if so why hasn't CB spoken out. He's got nothing to loose ATM.

This is JMO
CB has been named as the only suspect in the case for the past three years, Megs. He's been told former friends have informed on him etc. But so far - as far as we know - he has not been spooked.

I take it to mean they are just fobbing the media off with a cover story and they won't be giving any meaningful details.

Why would they.

ETA

What i do find interesting is that someone already gave this tip before, which seems highly coincidental - so a chance it is the same person?

Were they with CB? How would they know he was there? Or is that from photo EXIF?
Just to clarify, the tip MC received did not state the specific lake, only a description of it. From the description, he believed that Arade was the most likely option.

Fresh searches in the disappearance of Madeleine McCann are set to end within hours, it is understood.
Portuguese police have been told they will no longer be needed after 4pm today, signalling a likely end to the operation which started on Tuesday morning.
A well-placed police source said: "The GNR has received instructions to stand down at 4pm local time."
The GNR is one of the two Portuguese police forces which have been working at the Barragem do Arade.
There was no immediate information made available by the other force, the Policia Judiciaria.
Earlier today, officers were spotted photographing an area of woodland after a digging operation was commenced yesterday afternoon.

Last edited:

BIB. While it is true Germany uses the inquisitorial system rather than the adversarial system, it is still nevertheless the respective parties that bring the evidence to court. The court then conducts the trial, to determine if the burden is met.

Fresh searches in the disappearance of Madeleine McCann are set to end within hours, it is understood.
Portuguese police have been told they will no longer be needed after 4pm today, signalling a likely end to the operation which started on Tuesday morning.
A well-placed police source said: "The GNR has received instructions to stand down at 4pm local time."
The GNR is one of the two Portuguese police forces which have been working at the Barragem do Arade.
There was no immediate information made available by the other force, the Policia Judiciaria.
Earlier today, officers were spotted photographing an area of woodland after a digging operation was commenced yesterday afternoon.

Lets hope they found what they were looking for.

Latest comments from HCW seem to suggest it is the Germans who will dictate when the search will end, which in turn would suggest it is them paying for it. So that two to three day "limit" quoted at the start seems to have just been an estimation of how long they expected it to take to comb this specific area.

As activity continued on a small area of land jutting into the water, Mr Wolters told Sky News: "We have a search warrant for a certain area. This area is to be searched completely.

"It does not matter how much time this will take.

"Originally, we expected it to take about two days.

"If it now takes three or four days, it doesn't matter. It will take until we are 'through' with the area."

Interestingly, there is an Iberian Lynx breeding centre in the area, established in 2009. If it’s like the Tasmanian devil breeding centre near me, the location was selected precisely as a fairly remote area of the animal’s natural habitat, in order to better accommodate ideal husbandry and biosecurity conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024