Madeleine McCann: German Prisoner Identified as Suspect, #36

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually I have been thinking about the searches in Portugal. Considering that the pandemic officially finished less than a year ago and that applications for searches in foreign ground would need much time before they are accepted, it doesn't surprise me at all if they start searching all the places related to CB during 2007. And actually it is something they should do! I wonder why it is considered by some as desperate attempts?!
I think the media make lazy conclusions. IMO the searches don’t indicate desperate attempts they indicate progress. IMO there will be further concentrated searches at places CB frequented. Quiet places that meant something to the suspect. IMO it’ll be like Ian Huntley in the Soham murders. He picked the outskirts of an airfield several miles away. The area was very quiet & he thought nobody would search there. Even though he tried to put the bodies in a place he thought nobody would find them, he still put them in a place he was very familiar with. He’d been plane spotting there (alone) on several occasions. IMO it’ll be something very similar in this case.

I think the media make lazy conclusions. IMO the searches don’t indicate desperate attempts they indicate progress. IMO there will be further concentrated searches at places CB frequented. Quiet places that meant something to the suspect. IMO it’ll be like Ian Huntley in the Soham murders. He picked the outskirts of an airfield several miles away. The area was very quiet & he thought nobody would search there. Even though he tried to put the bodies in a place he thought nobody would find them, he still put them in a place he was very familiar with. He’d been plane spotting there (alone) on several occasions. IMO it’ll be something very similar in this case.
I really hope they manage to find something to nail the murderer and serve MM justice

The one thing the McCanns, unlike Leonor Cipriano, were spared was torture. Leonor was tied, blindfolded, to a chair and beaten about the head, to a point of near blindness until she 'confessed'.

Worse, at her trial, torture was found proved, and they convicted her anyway.
Unbelievable how they were convicted. Poor investigation, a PJ "trademark".

The final sentence of Mark Harrison's third, and final, report:

I am currently of the opinion on the available information and statistical datasets that if death has occurred, that it is possible that Madeleine McCann’s body has been disposed into the sea at Praia da Luz. (See my second report entitled “NPIA OP TASK Search Doc Beach and Marine”).​

<modsnip - this thread is about CB>

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually I have been thinking about the searches in Portugal. Considering that the pandemic officially finished less than a year ago and that applications for searches in foreign ground would need much time before they are accepted, it doesn't surprise me at all if they start searching all the places related to CB during 2007. And actually it is something they should do! I wonder why it is considered by some as desperate attempts?!

IMO the reporting tends to suggest not desperation, but that they haven't had the intelligence to know exactly where to search.

Knowing broadly where CB hung out isn't enough.

For private property you need either consent, or probable cause. And probable cause tends to have to be fresh, and specific about what police expect to find, relating to a crime. It can't just be a fishing expedition because CB stayed at a place 16 years ago.

Searches are also expensive, which is why they tend to need to be precise in terms of geo.

If it's true that they only got this breakthrough tip recently, it makes me wonder what they have really been working on all this time.

Last edited:
The idea CB is being fitted up is silly. No German prosecutor is going public with an out of jurisdiction murder based on anything less than concrete evidence which he is on record as saying they have.

The IG 'link' is simply what investigators do when a new serious criminal is discovered. e.g when CB was IDed as a rapist, they then found the HB case as a similar cold case. It never meant CB was a suspect in the IG case.

Elevating this 'link" to making CB a suspect in the IG case and that multiple bodies would be found at CBs 'lair", based on him being 50km away is not even worthy of being labelled journalism. It's just true crime fanfic by JC in my opinion.

My money is on him being drunk , at the Dragon Fest in 2008 and in a bar in 2017 . JMO

My main concern - for the reputation of the Braunschweig prosecutors office - is that he is a sick fantasist around whom there were some uncanny coincidences like the jag rego and maybe (alleged) stolen OC SIM card

I really hope they have at least one solid piece of evidence that ties him directly to murder, and that the case does not consist of intelligence ...

My main concern - for the reputation of the Braunschweig prosecutors office - is that he is a sick fantasist around whom there were some uncanny coincidences like the jag rego and maybe (alleged) stolen OC SIM card

I really hope they have at least one solid piece of evidence that ties him directly to murder, and that the case does not consist of intelligence ...

I‘m sure they have more evidence than just intelligence from CB associates to make the statements they have. Going on his previous convictions I believe he is more than just a fantasist given the barbarity of his assault just in the DM case alone .

Attachments

• IMG_4761.jpeg
    IMG_4761.jpeg
    171.9 KB · Views: 13
This article says he bundled her away in silence.

‘THE prime suspect in the disappearance of Madeleine McCann chillingly told a pal how he bundled her away in silence, according to reports.’

From Jutta Rabe.

Typical behavior of people, that usually got caught of misdemeanors or smaller crimes.

"Instead of hunting the real criminals, they are hunting me!"

The only difference is, that we are not talking about a misdemeanor...

PS:

The correct translation in context would be: "Who is stealing us our show right here?"

Last edited:
I‘m sure they have more evidence than just intelligence from CB associates to make the statements they have.

I am honestly not so sure these days but I hope you are correct!

Going on his previous convictions I believe he is more than just a fantasist given the barbarity of his assault just in the DM case alone .

I agree he has a proven record for that offending. I mean more that he was bragging about the MM case.

I came across interesting discussion in the Delphi case that one issue with these sorts of offenders is many of them do brag about offending - especially online, and it is hard to separate the fantasy from the actual.

I am honestly not so sure these days but I hope you are correct!

I agree he has a proven record for that offending. I mean more that he was bragging about the MM case.

I came across interesting discussion in the Delphi case that one issue with these sorts of offenders is many of them do brag about offending - especially online, and it is hard to separate the fantasy from the actual.
Another example Stone is serving a sentence for the Russel murders which he denies, Bellfield serving time for murder allegedly confessed to the killings then denied it, one or both maybe lying, hard to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Good comparison, Richard. Imo. The evidence that convicted Stone (twice) is ridiculously weak. But all the media and the prosecutors and 'criminologists' called it overwhelming. That case was as high profile as the MM case at the time, and juries are under huge pressure to convict. So are judges imo.

My money is on him being drunk , at the Dragon Fest in 2008 and in a bar in 2017 . JMO
Has the alleged witness or full location of the 2017 confession ever been made public? I think it’s misreporting of HB’s statement to OG in 2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JediKaty