Madeleine McCann: German Prisoner Identified as Suspect, #36

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has the alleged witness or full location of the 2017 confession ever been made public? I think it’s misreporting of HB’s statement to OG in 2017.
I believe there is some confusion over whether it was HB who said it in 2017 and where .But iirc it was a friend of CB who worked as DJ , maybe somebody can confirm that , but it all stemmed from the 10th anniversary appeal .

Has the alleged witness or full location of the 2017 confession ever been made public? I think it’s misreporting of HB’s statement to OG in 2017.

Different witness, in a bar probably somewhere around the Praia da Rocha region.

Different witness, in a bar probably somewhere around the Praia da Rocha region.
“It was when the German was in a bar with his Portuguese friend Diego Rivera and they saw a note on television about the tenth anniversary of Maddie's disappearance. Brückner told Rivera that he knew everything that had happened in the McCann case. And then he showed the video of the rape to the American retiree.”

I’ve read this before but what do you think of the source? Is it reported in a recognised publication? Do you think it would be if correct?

“It was when the German was in a bar with his Portuguese friend Diego Rivera and they saw a note on television about the tenth anniversary of Maddie's disappearance. Brückner told Rivera that he knew everything that had happened in the McCann case. And then he showed the video of the rape to the American retiree.”

I’ve read this before but what do you think of the source? Is it reported in a recognised publication? Do you think it would be if correct?
I believe it is correct and the same report was featured in either a Spanish or Italian media report which is somewhere on this site. That very same witness tuned in to one of the Roberta Glass/Isabelle McFadden podcasts which discussed CB. I have a screenshot here.

Attachments

• Screenshot (17).png
    Screenshot (17).png
    251 KB · Views: 40

from article.

It was when the German was in a bar with his Portuguese friend Diego Rivera and they saw a note on television about the tenth anniversary of Maddie's disappearance. Brückner told Rivera that he knew everything that had happened in the McCann case. And then he showed the video of the rape to the American retiree.

Its said the conviction was helped by the two thieves who stole the video camera and saw the rape on there, yet CB had a copy on him, one imagines on a mobile, this was after the raid on the factory so there was nothing incriminating from the factory in that respect, therefore thinking out loud if CB had images of Madeleine its likely he had them on a mobile when arrested, but the flip side to that would be, the rape videos weren't found on him were they?

Diego Rivera? And where is the info on Praia da Rocha region? Praia da Rocha is in Portimão.

I believe it is correct and the same report was featured in either a Spanish or Italian media report which is somewhere on this site. That very same witness tuned in to one of the Roberta Glass/Isabelle McFadden podcasts which discussed CB. I have a screenshot here.
Those two classed as reliable?

The podcast content is irrelevant. It was the fact that this named witness tuned in which drew my attention.
How come you were listening to it? I think that's the bigger question. I doubt you're an admirer of Isabelle.

Thanks Misty for clarifying. I thought he was a DJ.

The final sentence of Mark Harrison's third, and final, report:

I am currently of the opinion on the available information and statistical datasets that if death has occurred, that it is possible that Madeleine McCann’s body has been disposed into the sea at Praia da Luz. (See my second report entitled “NPIA OP TASK Search Doc Beach and Marine”).​

<modsnip - this thread is about CB>
CB certainly had an association with water but my impression is not the sea. If responsible for hiding remains, I don't think he would have taken the risk in an area with which he was unfamiliar even under cover of darkness. One area which was searched by the maritime police was the sea and I would expect them to know currents etc;

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member