Madeleine McCann: German Prisoner Identified as Suspect, #37

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
officers are naturally really disappointed.
If this is confirmed, really not a surprise at all. A surprise was having 3 police forces there...which makes me wonder if the evidence could be stronger than I initially imagined, even if considered to be further strengthened.

In case CB did it, for the police, first, they would need to find the right location, then find forensics there. Both even complicated by time factor.
Again, I think they would only get there with his confession.
IMO these very targeted searches are a sign of progression, irrespective of whether they yield results or not. My ‘gut feeling’ is that they probably didn’t find anything to link MM to that spot. But on the flip-side I couldn’t count the number of times i’ve seen a tabloid line about ‘a source close to the investigation’ that eventually turned out to be inaccurate. IMO the searches certainly invoked a reaction in CB. Whether it was due to excitability & bragging or anticipation & nervousness depends on whether the BKA were in the wrong or right area. Maybe he saw this as an opportunity to piggyback onto with y’old I’m innocent, you won’t find anything but I ain’t telling you where I was that night.

Yes I am. Just as I am surprised you don't recognise that what I have said negates your logic but supports the logic that just because there is no record a person has has committed murder in the past means they are incapable of committing murder
It’s obvious that people who commit murder must at some point do so for the first time, IMO, plucking another case from the air is not worth mentioning.

Does CB’s recorded show show any attempted abduction? Does it show attempted murder? Any stabbing or strangulations?

IMO, CB put himself into situations where he could have murdered people. He broke into a home and attacked the owner but he didn’t abduct anyone. Given he put himself into these situations, why are there no attempts for the crimes that he is suspected of committing against MM?

It seems remarkable that people persistently argue the finer points of MO on the five previously charged cases but now don’t see the disconnect between what CB has done and the MM case.

If he was an abductor and murderer, why are there no convictions for similar, despite thousands of media articles, there aren’t even any reports of him ever abducting or trying to abduct anyone? Why?

Last edited:
Thanks Pixie.

If this is correct, the OP and everything written by JC should be banned as a credible source on this forum.

Instinctively, I thought his statement about them finding two or three bodies at Arade was sensationalised nonsense.

Not only does there appear to be no bodies, this article appears to show there is no evidence!

And people on this forum were accepting and defending JC’s comment!

The original reporter is Aliki Kraterou at The Sun, their foreign correspondent. She may have someone in Wolter’s office or BKA. I suspect it’s the kind of news they’d have to leak rather than make a splash.
It’s suggested on this forum that the BKA don’t leak information, they are definitely not the PJ

Last edited:
IMO these very targeted searches are a sign of progression, irrespective of whether they yield results or not. My ‘gut feeling’ is that they probably didn’t find anything to link MM to that spot. But on the flip-side I couldn’t count the number of times i’ve seen a tabloid line about ‘a source close to the investigation’ that eventually turned out to be inaccurate. IMO the searches certainly invoked a reaction in CB. Whether it was due to excitability & bragging or anticipation & nervousness depends on whether the BKA were in the wrong or right area. Maybe he saw this as an opportunity to piggyback onto with y’old I’m innocent, you won’t find anything but I ain’t telling you where I was that night.
Deleted post, I got my wires crossed.

Last edited:
Perhaps part of CB's twisted thrill is letting people live, knowing that they know he filled it, knowing that they'll have to live with what he's done, and with great confidence in his ability to get away with it.

Stealing a little -- he may have seen that as a challenge -- to sink his nasty to the lowest pit of nasty -- and was so perverse and so violent it was unsurvivable -- but killing her wasn't his thrill, keeping her alive was.

Sweet little angel girl saw the face of hell.

Jmo

Perhaps part of CB's twisted thrill is letting people live, knowing that they know he filled it, knowing that they'll have to live with what he's done, and with great confidence in his ability to get away with it.

Stealing a little -- he may have seen that as a challenge -- to sink his nasty to the lowest pit of nasty -- and was so perverse and so violent it was unsurvivable -- but killing her wasn't his thrill, keeping her alive was.

Sweet little angel girl saw the face of hell.

Jmo
So tried and convicted for you then? What evidence do you base this conclusion on?

So tried and convicted for you then? What evidence do you base this conclusion on?
I'm not a juror. As a juror, I would be charged with weighing all the evidence as it's presented, but here where information is limited, I'm a websleuther, and I have opinions, and I think there's a possibility he's responsible, and I'm on this thread to explore that. I think his trade is fear, deviance --

But that's jmo

There is not (yet) any tangible evidence to prove CB is a killer.

But if CB is guilty of killing MM, is it necessarily the only time he has ever killed someone? I'm not sure but I guess, although after 2007, that it was reported that he allegedly confessed to previously killing an ex-girlfriend too while drunk. He was listed by police as a legitimate suspect at the time. The case remained unsolved.

I think it's highly likely he got caught very few times in relation to the number of crimes he actually carried out.
I do not think him as an incapable of planning something complex. He is shown he's capable of careful planning and execution.
As I refer before he seemed meticulous when the risk was higher but incautious with the "trivial" (e.g. diesel theft) and lax and foul-mouthed, maybe, when drunk.

Last edited:
I'm not a juror. As a juror, I would be charged with weighing all the evidence as it's presented, but here where information is limited, I'm a websleuther, and I have opinions, and I think there's a possibility he's responsible, and I'm on this thread to explore that. I think his trade is fear, deviance --

But that's jmo
Okay, IMO, your stated opinion doesn’t have much of a connection to sleuthing. A sleuth aims to understand the outcome of a crime based upon the available information.

Deeply emotive works of fiction have a place but, respectfully, I don’t think this is it.

There is not (yet) any tangible evidence to prove CB is a killer.

But if CB is guilty of killing MM, is it necessarily the only time he has ever killed someone? I'm not sure but I guess, although after 2007, that it was reported that he allegedly confessed to previously killing an ex-girlfriend too while drunk. He was listed by police as a legitimate suspect at the time. The case remained unsolved.

I think it's highly likely he got caught very few times in relation to the number of crimes he actually carried out.
I do not think him as a incapable of planning something complex. He is shown he's capable of careful planning and execution.
As I refer before he seemed meticulous when the risk was higher but incautious with the "trivial" (e.g. diesel theft) and lax and foul-mouthed, maybe, when drunk.
BBM, I agree with this, he may have killed people other than MM (if he did). But equally, it could be that he makes false confessions or that the witnesses aren’t telling the truth. Both are as plausible as him being a serial killer IMO.

Makes me wonder if there’s video of the murder of CB’s ex, MP, somewhere in the depths of the internet…
Even in the "hypothetic" case he videotape and upload all crimes, this one, if he did it, IMO, seems unlikely. It was reported that he confessed he was drunk.

Last edited:
Even in the "hypothetic" case he videotape and upload all crimes, this one, if he did it, IMO, seems unlikely. It was reported that he confessed he was drunk.
The reports seem to indicate he was exonerated for the MO case based on DNA evidence. Whomever killed her must not be on the DNA database in Germany. She worked as a prostitute and was a cocaine addict. This considerably widens the field of potential perpetrators IMO. There cannot be any evidence that CB is the culprit for this crime - not saying he didn’t do it certainly, it cannot be proven that he did.

The reports seem to indicate he was exonerated for the MO case based on DNA evidence. Whomever killed her must not be on the DNA database in Germany. She worked as a prostitute and was a cocaine addict. This considerably widens the field of potential perpetrators IMO. There cannot be any evidence that CB is the culprit for this crime - not saying he didn’t do it certainly, it cannot be proven that he did.
Oh yes, in MP case I recall reading somewhere he was ordered to give DNA sample but can't remember more than that.

Oh yes, in MP case I recall reading somewhere he was ordered to give DNA sample but can't remember more than that.
He was part of a group ordered to provide a sample. The reports in UK media do not specifically state he was ruled out because of this but as he wasn’t charged, it seems a likely conclusion.

On a side note, he must be on the German DNA database from this point onwards so there can be no DNA evidence linking him to any crime in Germany from this point forwards.

Pity it doesn't show any sentencing, fines etc.
I’ve done some research on the web. It’s from an ex WS member with no sources so take it as it is:

CB was in jail the whole of 1999 and 2000, likely for the offences he committed in 1993 and 1994. He was extradited from Portugal back to Germany to serve this sentence after leaving in 1994 to avoid the sentence.

From mid 2006 until the end of the year, he was in jail in Portugal with MT for the diesel theft.

From June 2017 to December 2017 he was in prison in Germany for the CSA crime he was charged with in in 2016. Again, he fled to Portugal and was extradited to Germany after being caught with the public exposure offence in the playground in 2017.

No doubt he tries to evade prison time but even though his sentences in Germany would reflect this, his total time behind bars was three years.

After leaving Germany in 2017, he went to Italy and he was extradited to face the drug trafficking charges - he has been in prison since and, as we know, is serving the sentence for the rape against DM.

Last edited:

It's known for certain he's on their DNA data base because of his conviction in the DM case so it's likely he'd be ruled out of all manner of unsolved cases where DNA evidence was collected.

It’s obvious that people who commit murder must at some point do so for the first time, IMO, plucking another case from the air is not worth mentioning.

Does CB’s recorded show show any attempted abduction? Does it show attempted murder? Any stabbing or strangulations?

IMO, CB put himself into situations where he could have murdered people. He broke into a home and attacked the owner but he didn’t abduct anyone. Given he put himself into these situations, why are there no attempts for the crimes that he is suspected of committing against MM?

It seems remarkable that people persistently argue the finer points of MO on the five previously charged cases but now don’t see the disconnect between what CB has done and the MM case.

If he was an abductor and murderer, why are there no convictions for similar, despite thousands of media articles, there aren’t even any reports of him ever abducting or trying to abduct anyone? Why?
You answered your question in your opening sentence “It’s obvious that people who commit murder must at some point do so for the first time”. Look at Wayne Couzens - just a “harmless” old flasher, then he progresses to the most heinous of crimes. What in CB’s criminal history makes him an unlikely abductor of children? Absolutely nothing and quite the reverse imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member