Madeleine McCann: German Prisoner Identified as Suspect, #37

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did the men questioned under caution in 2014 have convictions for abduction? They were apparently questioned because they were petty criminals with a connection to the Ocean Club - and I think something about phone traffic.
And do you remember how excited the media got? That might tell us something. It may turn out the only thing that's different about the CB-MM investigation is that German authorities are leading it. Everything else may be the same. Media excitement. Then nothing.

(The Germans did of course find other offences to prosecute him for, so that's different to previous targeted investigations. But the MM part of it may not actually be so different.)

Did the men questioned under caution in 2014 have convictions for abduction? They were apparently questioned because they were petty criminals with a connection to the Ocean Club - and I think something about phone traffic.
CB had not be long released from jail, he also it's said had a phone call in the area, why did OG not target him.

Back to 2014, OG targeted 3 locals from phone records and you'd think at least one had a conviction for some kind of theft,the thinking was a robbery gone wrong, CB it's alleged had a record as well and yet they never had cause to suspect him.Your second to last para sums it up with ,does not exist.

This is why propensity reasoning is not allowed in trials. The fact that you are the kind of person who might break in to 5a does not make it more likely that you did in fact break in.

Not just CB's alleged little paradise.

Quinta do Arade, also known by many guests as “the little paradise”, is located near the Arade dam near the historic town of Silves in the Algarve. The Quinta consists of a set of 3 completely independent houses, two are for rent, the 4 Petals House and the Sunflower House and the other is the residence of Nereida and Jan, the hosts. Each house has the privacy you need to spend a relaxed holiday in natural surroundings with its private pool, terraces and garden to walk around. The farm has several fruit trees and an organic garden available to guests, availability will depend on the time of year.

I do not think the DM rape case will be considered in relation to any of the three charges. Nor do I think any of the three will be dependent on any other.

RSBM

I think the DM rape will be used as evidence going to prove guilt in the HB case, due to high similarity/signature style of the attack.

Did OG know who allegedly have the phone, or did that only come later ?
If phone calls were of the importance, bit remiss if they just ignored it, or there again if there's nothing to suspect .

By when do posters think HCW will realistically need to show progress on the case before it gets wound down?

End of this year?
After 4 years of going public?
End of next year?

By when do posters think HCW will realistically need to show progress on the case before it gets wound down?

End of this year?
End of next year?
Hmm, it'll stay on the back burner as a cold case, the Inga case isn't even solved and that happened on German soil, what chance from another country, I said when the digs at the reservoir were taking place I thought it was the last throw, nothing there if intelligence led would lead to caution over anything else, once bitten twice shy you'd think.

End of this year?
End of next year?
There might only be a few working exclusively on it now, except for special events like the reservoir search. So it could go on as long as Op Grange? That may be likely, but they'd have to stop the spokesperson making his regular bullish claims though.

Maybe it's only HCW's regular media encounters that's hiding the truth the CB-MM investigation is already on a level similar to Op Grange? Maybe that's why he talks to the various media so much? If the jurisdiction issue is sorted on the other charges and that trial goes ahead (or trials) and convictions are secured, maybe we'll hear a lot less from our favourite spokesperson after that.

There might only be a few working exclusively on it now, except for special events like the reservoir search. So it could go on as long as Op Grange? That may be likely, but they'd have to stop the spokesperson making his regular bullish claims though.
OG gets special funding though otherwise it would have been closed down years ago.
Where is the German funding coming from? One would imagine that they aren't going to throw money at the investigation indefinitely.

Intriguing question. Was it because LE were finally joining the dots and the impetus was coming from the German police?

‘German authorities issued an EU-wide arrest warrant*, but it was four years before officers in Portugal seized him after responding to reports that he had exposed himself to children at a park about 40 miles from Praia da Luz. ‘
*re the abuse of the girlfriend’s daughter.

Jmo

Christian Brueckner was jailed for abusing ex-girlfriend's daughter
But from 2013 to mid way through 2016, he was living in Germany. Why wasn’t he arrested in Germany?

What Portuguese record would CB have had when OG started looking ? Theft for diesel.
Why would OG look at him over child abduction?
Yes, correct.

Although they would likely have known (somewhere) that he had a record in Germany for CSA because they deported him in 1998.

Yes, correct.

Although they would likely have known (somewhere) that he had a record in Germany for CSA because they deported him in 1998.
Different part of the Justice system? Different set of records ? Not computertised ?

Different part of the Justice system? Different set of records ? Not computertised ?
Could well be. Further to my point above, the criminal genius that he is, he volunteered that he had previous in Germany for sexual crimes, during his trial for diesel theft.

Last edited:
I suggested earlier that the Portuguese didn't know where he was until arrested. Perhaps the Germans didn't know either.
After the German police tipped him off in 2013 that he was perhaps in the frame for MM, I’m not sure why we should accept that their investigative methods and processes are so much better than the Portuguese but it is a very repetitive suggestion on this forum.

End of this year?
End of next year?
The cost of OG has been well publicised and in round numbers it’s a million quid per year. The German investigation is reported to be a similar size.

I guess it’s easier to justify if progress is being made but back end of last year, it was reported that progress was slow. So far the expensive dam search looks like it will be fruitless too.

If the other five cases are successfully prosecuted then I think it will allow more time. If not, real active investigation would need to be wound back soon IMO, this year.

All the money they are spending on this could be spent on nurses and teachers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member