Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I apologise if you think I didn't read what you wrote. Of course, they will not be disclosing the evidence in detail but personally I don't think that means they have one 'big piece' of evidence. rather smaller pieces that could be significant but need other evidence. Just my view and the same as a few experienced judges that have commented on the latest news.
Maybe they don't, but he has stated they do have one significant piece of evidence that points to her having been murdered. That would be a pretty big lie to be telling if it isn't true.

Maybe they don't, but he has stated they do have one significant piece of evidence that points to her having been murdered. That would be a pretty big lie to be telling if it isn't true.

I haven't seen that. It is all very confusing, I am inclined to agree with the recent post that said he should probably stop making so many announcements. With translation issues and the different legal system it does seem to result in what seems like inconsistencies.

I think everyone's having probs understanding HCW's statements and the "what & why's" etc. I think the news that the PJ are taking it serious and that the McCann's lawyer is going to Germany this week indicates that they have something of significance.
"A senior Portuguese police source, who has seen the German evidence against Christian B, has told the BBC it is "very important" and "significant".
Madeleine evidence 'significant' - Portugal police

I think everyone's having probs understanding HCW's statements and the "what & why's" etc. I think the news that the PJ are taking it serious and that the McCann's lawyer is going to Germany this week indicates that they have something of significance.
"A senior Portuguese police source, who has seen the German evidence against Christian B, has told the BBC it is "very important" and "significant".
Madeleine evidence 'significant' - Portugal police

I think they will be taking it seriously yes but the PJ have not yet re-opened the case as an active case, as they should do if they get new evidence. So if they don't do that after this next meeting, it will mean that they are not convinced by it.

They'll be tracking and speaking to all his past associates I'm sure. These will be some of the 100's of leads from the public- Just ruling people out I guess,
CB had lots of stolen goods around his place (according to girlfriend and landlord). Also, it sounds like he bragged about certain aspects of his crimes to acquaintances. Hard to believe a mate could be clueless about CB’s criminal enterprises. Also, if some of these mates have criminal records of their own, it’s hard to believe they weren’t involved in CB’s criminal activities.

Thanks but it's just more confusion for me. No source of where the 100% quote came from in that article and I can't find it anywhere else. I will wait for the lawyer who sees the evidence to comment, I don't think the McCanns would be quick to accept just anything.
Hopefully we will find out when they have this meeting. My personal theory is they have quite a bit of circumstantial evidence that all indicate CBs involvement and one big piece of evidence that points to MM death and the method.

I'm trying to establish why tractor man was suspected because his phone in area, then CB. Was there an exchange of phone? Sale? Tractor man also history of drug use.
People talk and I'm pretty sure AB knew some of CB's background, so why would you allow someone into house with wife and mother is beyond me.
Sounds like shady stuff at troubled children home too, he carried a gun, someone in charge of childrens welfare allowing him in. Its beyond me.
I'm wondering if an associate has given him up to get themselves an easier way out.

Hopefully we will find out when they have this meeting. My personal theory is they have quite a bit of circumstantial evidence that all indicate CBs involvement and one big piece of evidence that points to MM death and the method.

Yeah possibly. I have considered if they have some reference that shows abuse of her, webchat or photo ( It's horrific to consider) it would indicate she was abused and due to all probability dead... or that someone has seen such evidence. As you say, we may find out.

It sounds like the German police have showed the PJ this particular piece of ‘evidence’ Which the PJ are now describing it as “significant and very interesting.” They now seem to be arranging digging of the wells near his old property. So whatever it is, it seems legit.
I am really trying to think what it could be? Surely more than just a confession they’ve heard he’s told a friend. It must be something a bit more concrete than that surely?

Madeleine McCann: Portuguese police prepare to search wells | Daily Mail Online
The article also reads:
The building (=farmhouse rented by Brückner) has a number of old wells on its land and a path leading to a beach Madeleine went to.

More details re the second house CB rented near to PDL.

"A single-storey farmhouse the prime suspect rented is less than half an hour away from where the three-year-old disappeared in 2007. The building has a number of old wells on its land and a path leading to a beach Madeleine went to."

"The other building sits on a hill above the resort, about 11 minutes away from the Ocean Club the McCanns were staying."

Madeleine McCann: Portuguese police prepare to search wells | Daily Mail Online

I'm trying to establish why tractor man was suspected because his phone in area, then CB. Was there an exchange of phone? Sale? Tractor man also history of drug use.
People talk and I'm pretty sure AB knew some of CB's background, so why would you allow someone into house with wife and mother is beyond me.
Sounds like shady stuff at troubled children home too, he carried a gun, someone in charge of childrens welfare allowing him in. Its beyond me.
I'm wondering if an associate has given him up to get themselves an easier way out.

this guy?

'According to JN, it was the PJ’s suspicions of Monteiro that lead them to reopen the Portuguese investigation into the toddler’s disappearance.
His mobile phone was logged as being active in the area on the night that Madeleine disappeared, he was a former employee at the Ocean Club – apparently sacked for petty thieving – and his description matched that of a suspect sought for alleged sex attacks on British children in the Algarve between 2004-2006.
A semem sample recovered from one of the attacks was tested against Euclides own DNA, but, as JN revealed last week, it has been found to be different. As there was also no DNA evidence linking Euclides with the McCann’s Ocean Club apartment, the dead man’s family’s claim that he was being used as a scapegoat would appear to hold some weight.'

Madeleine: DNA finally clears dead suspect - Portugal Resident

It seems they suspected him due to his phone placing him in the area (same as CB) but he was cleared by DNA.

Since it's been mentioned that CB is being looked at as a possibility in the Tristan Brübach case, I actually looked last night for a thread for Tristan on Websleuths and could only find one post someone started under the spelling "Tristan Bruebach" under Cold Cases.

It would need a title update to add details and someone to add media links and case information. The details of the case are too horrendous for me, but I wish someone would give him a real thread. He was so tragically murdered.

Edited twice to correct name spellings.

Yes, i just came across him yesterday watching a youtuber “Dark Curiosities” after i came to websleuths to see if he had a thread but didnt his name appeared under Madeline McCann, which is good i hope they can solve both these cases ❤️

O

Where was the call made from and when was it made public?

As far as I understand, as files aren't public, Met police has a detailed log of calls made at PDL. It registers all calls made within antenna range during an unknown time-frame (but including May 3, 2007).

If a phone call is registered, it means mobile was there. The other phone either is within antenna's range and is logged too, or it isn't and then can be anywhere in Portugal or even abroad, due to roaming.

The lawyer is quite properly saying that his client is not sitting down for a fishing expedition

If the police have evidence then they should confront the accused with it

This is simply professional handling of the defence

According to German Law, if you question someone on suspicion of a crime, you must offer him all available evidence. Mr Wolters said they didn't question him so far (in 3 years...) to avoid that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hell Yeah