Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe LE found something when they searched CB's loft flat in 2018? He was in jail at the time - a year later they went back and searched AB's house - "They also secured my computer and some pictures on it" said AB (who was in Mallorca at the time)

Madeleine McCann: Suspect's flat was raided by police two years ago

Again-maybe unrelated pics

Last edited:
There was a search for MM’s body in Odiaxere by the PJ because of the Dutch letter/map, but the reports I read said they searched “during the morning” [of one day].

It was described as a vast area of scrubland. How thorough was the search?

I continue to doubt they have anything but the alleged confession and the phone call and his record. IMO Wolters pretty much confirms here that they are pursuing a murder charge because it's based on what would happen to most children taken by a paedophile.

'Wolters conceded his theory about Madeleine was based on previous cases involving missing children and paedophiles.

A prosecutor of 17 years, he said: “Because there is no forensic evidence, there may be a little bit of hope [that she is alive].

“We don’t want to kill the hope and because there is no forensic evidence it may be
theoretically possible.

"I know it’s important for the British people when I say she is dead, but I did not know it was so important.

"But I know in Germany it’s more normal that we investigate a murder in such a case, so it’s not so important.

"It’s more normal.”

Asked about saying Madeleine was quickly killed, he added: “This was only a personal statement. I have no facts for this.

"That was only my private opinion and speculation.

"It was only a personal... without facts.

"I don’t know everything.

I said, ‘I believe because of other cases where children were kidnapped, they made a sexual crime and then they killed’.

“That it is what happened in other cases and I believe this is a typical case but there are no facts for this.
It is only my private view.”'

Madeleine McCann 'may still be alive' admits German prosecutor
I highly doubt that is all they have. They've been consistent in their message they know something big they cannot make public.

I highly doubt that is all they have. They've been consistent in their message they know something big they cannot make public.
Exactly. The German prosecutor has repeatedly said “we have evidence I can not tell the public” - yet some people seem to think the only info they have released at this point is all the police have! Of course it isn’t.

Reposting the timeline with some updates. I am certain some of these listed cases are NOT linked, but would like to find media sources confirming that CB was ruled out or that he is being looked at (even if in other languages- anything but sun/mirror).
Childhood information sourced from this link below:
Pictured: adoptive mother of Madeleine McCann, first suspect, Christian Brueckner | FR24 News English

1976(?) - Born in Bavaria and adopted as an infant by B & F Brueckner in Würzburg, Germany
1990(?) - Father's car accident when he was 13-14yrs old.
Christian’s disruptive and increasingly criminal behavior and deal with her disabled husband who suffered brain damage and was confined to a wheelchair after the crash
1992-94 - Between 1992 – when he was 16 – and 1994, he lived in an institution for young people with learning difficulties

Unless another link is provided, the date and information is from this article (Guardian's Timeline):
Madeleine McCann suspect Christian Brückner fled police in 1995

1994 - Convicted of sexual abuse of a child, attempted sexual abuse of a child, and carrying out sexual acts in front of a child.
1995-2007 - Police said the suspect lived in the Algarve between 1995 and 2007 apart from brief spells in Germany
Madeleine McCann suspect investigated over 2015 disappearance of German girl

Cars associated with CB around (?)2004-2007:
Jaguar (reported variously as black/grey/eggplant)
VW Westfalia camper van (white & yellow)
Mustard coloured VW estate
School caretaker saw Madeleine McCann suspect give kids 'sweets and toys'

1995 - Flees to Portugal as an 18-year-old to escape a two-year youth custody sentence for the above offences.
1995 Aug 4 - Jair Soares (7) goes missing at beach in Den Haag, Netherlands. Tabloids report possible connection to CB.
1996 June 19- René Hasse (6) boy in the Algarve, goes missing. Possibly linked to CB. Family contacted, but latest news suggests no link (see 2nd article)
Madeleine McCann suspect investigated over two other missing children – reports
Germans 'have evidence' Madeleine McCann was killed by new suspect
1996 June 28- Carola Titze (16), found murdered in De Haan, Belgium. Possibly linked to CB.
Did Madeleine McCann suspect kill these three youngsters? - Metro Newspaper UK
1998 March 26 - Tristan Brubach (13), found murdered in Frankfurt suburb of Hochst.
Maddie McCann tot? Staatsanwalt ruderte zurück - doch Bericht enthüllt nun „bedeutenden“ Beweis | Welt
1999 - Returns to Germany to serve a youth custody sentence he had escaped.
2001 May 7- Peggy Knobloch (9) disappears on her way home from school in Bayreuth, Germany. Possible link to CB.
Police reviewing disappearance of another German girl in light of new Madeleine McCann suspect.
2001 June 18 - Louise Kerton (24) UK student nurse goes missing from Aachen Germany.Family wants link investigated, so far no mention by LE if it any link is being looked at.
Father of missing Louise Kerton wants Madeleine McCann suspect questioned
2004-2006 - 9 sexual assaults and 3 attempts on different British girls in Algarve. Specifically attempting to link attack on 10 yr old to CB in 2005. Earlier article from 2014 also references these attacks and the distinct t-shirt possibly linked.
Christian Brückner refuses to discuss Madeleine McCann case until police show ‘proof’ | News | The Times
FOUND: Shirt worn by Madeleine McCann suspect
2004-5 - Dates an English woman in Praia da Luz, Portugal. More information provided by ex-girlfriend in this article:
Madeleine McCann suspect linked to THIRD vehicle - new details made public for first time
2004 - Hazel Behan(20) sexually assaulted in Algarve. Her attacker may be CB. Portuguese police appear to deny any link.
Irish woman raped in Portugal believes attacker may be Madeleine McCann suspect | The Irish Post
2005 - Rapes an American woman(72) in Praia da Luz.
2006- Portuguese authorities drop the rape investigation due to lack of evidence.
2006- Arrested and convicted for stealing diesel fuel in Portugal.
2007 May 3 - Madeleine McCann (3) disappears from Praia da Luz.
2007- Buys marihuana and hashish and sells it to a middle-man on the northern German island of Sylt, where it is sold on.

2007 - Jaguar and VW van towed to Augsburg, Germany where CB lives on/off (and registers jaguar to AB)
How Madeleine suspect slept in my attic | Daily Mail Online

2007-2008 - CB living in Foral Portugal with German woman Nicole and her boyfriend Roman (or in his VW camper van parked at their residence). Nicole and Roman running some sort of program for troubled youth (?). Townpeople reportedly feared CB.
EXCLUSIVE: Footage of property where paedophile and suspect Christian Brueckner lived in the months after Madeleine McCann disappeared from Portugal - Olive Press News Spain

2010- Monika Pawlak (24), sex worker, found murdered in Hanover. DM suggests possible link, article listed below suggests no link.
Germans 'have evidence' Madeleine McCann was killed by new suspect

2012- Opens a kiosk in Braunschweig, in north-west Germany.
Further information on kiosk- School caretaker reports lots of interaction with children
School caretaker saw Madeleine McCann suspect give kids 'sweets and toys'
~2012-2015 (?) - In a relationship with NM, now under police protection
Madeleine McCann: Hunt for suspect's ex who he 'beat black and blue' | Metro News

2013- McCanns appeal to the German public on TV for evidence over Madeleine’s disappearance. Brückner’s name crops up in connection with the case.
2013 - September - Documents seen by Der Spiegel said that in that year, he had fantasised about kidnapping and sexually abusing a child in an online chat with a friend.In September 2013, he allegedly wrote that he wanted to “catch something small and use it for days“, and then destroy the evidence.

2015 - May 2- Inga Gehricke (5) goes missing - LE investigating possibly link to CB
"The Volksstimme newspaper reported that he owned an abandoned property in Neuwegersleben, around 57 miles from where Inga went missing"
"The home was reportedly searched as part of a child abuse investigation in 2016, with officers finding a USB stick containing indecent images."

Madeleine McCann suspect investigated over two other missing children – reports

2017- Convicted of sexual abuse of a child in Germany and sentenced to 15 months in prison.
2018-Arrested in Milan and returned to Germany.
2018 - CB's apartment raided by German police looking for evidence of crime against MM.
Madeleine McCann: Suspect's flat was raided by police two years ago

2019- August – charged with the rape of a US citizen (from 2005).
2019 - December – convicted. Sentenced to seven years for the rape. Prison term not yet started pending an appeal that the conviction was unlawful but he is being held in police custody.
2020 June 4- German Police announce CB as possible suspect in Mccann's disappearance
Police announce new suspect in 2007 disappearance of Madeleine McCann

ETA: Added AB info and bolded dates and format clean up

Last edited:

I don't think he's been consistent at all.

'"We have evidence against the accused which leads us to believe that he really killed Madeleine,'

''
A German prosecutor who suggested Madeleine McCann is dead has backtracked in an astonishing interview.

Hans Wolters conceded the girl, who vanished in 2007, may be alive.
”.

If that's not inconsistent I don't know what is. He has explained it by saying that in Germany they 'assume murder' in similar cases. In Germany this first stage of investigation is only to confirm whether the suspicions are justified. To investigate someone in this first stage they can legally do it based on what theories could have happened - that's all they need and all they've got IMO.

The German prosecutor believes CB killed MM and disposed of her body soon after abducting her. Wouldn’t that be risky to do close to PdL? A land disposal could attract animals. A sea disposal could wash ashore.

'"We have evidence against the accused which leads us to believe that he really killed Madeleine,'

''
A German prosecutor who suggested Madeleine McCann is dead has backtracked in an astonishing interview.

”.

If that's not inconsistent I don't know what is. He has explained it by saying that in Germany they 'assume murder' in similar cases. In Germany this first stage of investigation is only to confirm whether the suspicions are justified. To investigate someone in this first stage they can legally do it based on what theories could have happened - that's all they need and all they've got IMO.
I actually don’t think hes been inconsistent at all. He’s Always said from day 1; they are led to believe / they really believe / they are confident that Madeline is dead etc etc. Maybe some of it is lot in translation but To me that’s a 99% sure she’s dead, 1% chance she isn’t. People need to stop jumping down his neck. Reminds me of journalists when they are just desperately trying to catch a politician out so they can turn around and say “but that’s not what you said before”

They have stated they have significant evidence - They will not just be going on a criminal profile based on paedophillic abduction theory.

German Law is different, they can go after someone based on theory only.

'“The degree of suspicion needed to open an investigation (Anfangsverdacht) based on ascertainable facts is not very high, though; it need only make it appear possible that, according to criminal experience, an offence may have been committed.8”

Excerpt From: Bohlander, Michael. “Principles of German Criminal Procedure.'

I think this is what has led to the Prosecutor sounding like he is backtracking. We expect a different level of evidence in different countries. The suspicion on CB is at an extremely early stage where they gather evidence.

''

”.

You didn't read what I wrote. I said they have been consistent in their message of having some other evidence they cannot disclose to the public. Yes, I agree some of the other remarks coming out have appeared somewhat contradictory. But that was kind of the point I was making, the one thing that hasn't changed is this significant (PJs words) piece of evidence they claim to be sitting on.

I actually don’t think hes been inconsistent at all. He’s Always said from day 1; they are led to believe / they really believe / they are confident that Madeline is dead etc etc. Maybe some of it is lot in translation but To me that’s a 99% sure she’s dead, 1% chance she isn’t. People need to stop jumping down his neck. Reminds me of journalists when they are just desperately trying to catch a politician out so they can turn around and say “but that’s not what you said before”

I'm not jumping down his neck, you sound a little aggressive there.
The words out of his own mouth are that 'murder' is a theory and his theory is based on what happens when small children are abducted. They only need suspicion in Germany to start investigating someone for something.

'
Wolters previously said he believed Madeleine was killed quickly and Brueckner “had done the deed”.
But he said: “It was only a personal opinion and speculation.
'I have no facts for this.”
'

I'm not jumping down his neck, you sound a little aggressive there.
The words out of his own mouth are that 'murder' is a theory and his theory is based on what happens when small children are abducted. They only need suspicion in Germany to start investigating someone for something.

'
Wolters previously said he believed Madeleine was killed quickly and Brueckner “had done the deed”.
But he said: “It was only a personal opinion and speculation.
'I have no facts for this.”
'
I didn’t say you did. I said people need to, and that’s not being aggressive.
OK but he hasn’t done a 180 and changed his mind like the media have tried to portray. He’s still sure she is dead (because of whatever evidence he has so far) but with no body there is always a small/hopeful chance she isn’t. He’s been consistent with his opnion from the start I’d say. No backtracking.

German Law is different, they can go after someone based on theory only.

'“The degree of suspicion needed to open an investigation (Anfangsverdacht) based on ascertainable facts is not very high, though; it need only make it appear possible that, according to criminal experience, an offence may have been committed.8”

Excerpt From: Bohlander, Michael. “Principles of German Criminal Procedure.'

I think this is what has led to the Prosecutor sounding like he is backtracking. We expect a different level of evidence in different countries. The suspicion on CB is at an extremely early stage where they gather evidence.

Yes, I realise they can open an investigation but I meant that they won't be able to charge him based on a psyc profile - sorry should have made myself clearer.

''

”.

I think Wolters needs to stop making statements if this investigation is to be taken seriously. I get the 'pragmatism', the being led by experience, the realism (borderline 'cold' nature) of his approach, but it's not inspiring much in the way of confidence in the broader claims by the German investigators that they have more on CB than they're revealing.

You didn't read what I wrote. I said they have been consistent in their message of having some other evidence they cannot disclose to the public. Yes, I agree some of the other remarks coming out have appeared somewhat contradictory. But that was kind of the point I was making, the one thing that hasn't changed is this significant (PJs words) piece of evidence they claim to be sitting on.

I apologise if you think I didn't read what you wrote. Of course, they will not be disclosing the evidence in detail but personally I don't think that means they have one 'big piece' of evidence. rather smaller pieces that could be significant but need other evidence. Just my view and the same as a few experienced judges that have commented on the latest news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member