Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It also says that the investigators matched their findings:
Mr Wolters said: 'Brueckner's telephone number comes from our investigation, but British police have a data pool from 2007 from Praia da Luz of all mobile numbers [used in that area at the time], so we put our telephone number to the data of the British police – and it matched.
The prosecutor claimed the BKA has further evidence pointing towards Brueckner's involvement in Madeleine's abduction, but for now were keeping some of it secret from the public – and their suspect.

So they have a former Ocean Employee (Law Enforcement knows who he is) who helped CB with petty crime who has CB's mobile number in his diary. A call was made to CB's mobile (located in the resort when Maddie went missing) from outside of Praia da Luz, they don't know who called him, the call lasted for 30 minutes.

This is definitely worth pursuing. Hopefully some of the 1,300 tip offs will prove fruitful. They are building the case.

Last edited:
Apologies if some of this has been posted but it’s hard to keep up ...

In this podcast report, Sky reporter Dermot Murnaghan said the McCanns were aware the Germans had a strong suspect. No surprise there as I’m sure they’re kept in the loop by Scotland Yard. More surprising to me is that Murnaghan said he’d “known for a year” but they’d chosen not to publicise it for various reasons.

Madeleine McCann: Will we ever know what happened to her? | 5 June 2020

So, police in multiple countries knew, the McCanns knew, some journalists even knew. Everyone held their tongue in case it jeopardised the German investigation. Only Amaral blabbed. As an aside, the McCanns got some criticism for declining to take part in the 2019 Netflix series but perhaps they were advised not to because of CB.

As for why go public now? They’ve hit a brick wall investigation-wise and publicity is a last ditch Hail Mary or their hand was somewhat forced by CB’s imminent bail application.

I hope the reports that CB was mistakenly informed he was being investigated re. MM in 2013 are untrue. Any defence lawyer worth their salt could argue he ranted and said she’s dead on the 10 year anniversary because of frustration at being hassled about it for 4 years.

MOO

Here’s hoping this goes somewhere, either way.

Apologies if some of this has been posted but it’s hard to keep up ...

In this podcast report, Sky reporter Dermot Murnaghan said the McCanns were aware the Germans had a strong suspect. No surprise there as I’m sure they’re kept in the loop by Scotland Yard. More surprising to me is that Murnaghan said he’d “known for a year” but they’d chosen not to publicise it for various reasons.

Madeleine McCann: Will we ever know what happened to her? | 5 June 2020

So, police in multiple countries knew, the McCanns knew, some journalists even knew. Everyone held their tongue in case it jeopardised the German investigation. Only Amaral blabbed. As an aside, the McCanns got some criticism for declining to take part in the 2019 Netflix series but perhaps they were advised not to because of CB.

As for why go public now? They’ve hit a brick wall investigation-wise and publicity is a last ditch Hail Mary or their hand was somewhat forced by CB’s imminent bail application.

I hope the reports that CB was mistakenly informed he was being investigated re. MM in 2013 are untrue. Any defence lawyer worth their salt could argue he ranted and said she’s dead on the 10 year anniversary because of frustration at being hassled about it for 4 years.

MOO

Here’s hoping this goes somewhere, either way.

The indications are they have a bit more, but aren't going public on it, maybe from the ex - Ocean Club employee.

So they have a former Ocean Employee (Law Enforcement knows who he is) who helped CB with petty crime who has CB's mobile number in his diary. A call was made to CB's mobile (located in the resort when Maddie went missing) from outside of Praia da Luz, they don't know who called him, the call lasted for 30 minutes.

This is definitely worth pursuing. Hopefully some of the 1,300 tip offs will prove fruitful. They are building the case.

Maybe someone in the resort called a third party and that person called CB to avoid a direct link if police happened to check phone records? ( I know I'm reaching!)

Again - not a desperate attempt, "Aktenzeichen XY" is a TV program that looks for tips from the public once a month for all kinds of crimes, has been doing this for over 5 decades and is very reputable. To the police the disapperance of Maddie is just like any other crime, at least for the German police. They followed leads, found a suspect and are now asking the public for tips. It only blew up like this in the media because it's one of the most high profile cases ever. That's not their fault. Are they still trying to use it to their advantage? To get more tips? Probably.
Yes, we had a similar programme for years in the UK, called "Crimewatch".
The police would give as many details as they needed to about a case, and no more. At the end of the show the presenter might say that they had had some interesting calls about certain featured cases, but that was all we could expect to hear for some time.
Anyone who thinks that the police disclose every piece of evidence to the public is naive.

Yes, we had a similar programme for years in the UK, called "Crimewatch".
The police would give as many details as they needed to about a case, and no more. At the end of the show the presenter might say that they had had some interesting calls about certain featured cases, but that was all we could expect to hear for some time.
Anyone who thinks that the police disclose every piece of evidence to the public is naive.

One of the presenters got murdered, to this day it hasn't been solved.
It sounds bad, but Crimewatch has done excellent work over the years.

I would like to say something, and I made this mistake as well - he hasn't been linked to all the other cases, it's just that police look into them and if he could be responsible. "Linked" would mean they have some reason to believe that he is their killer, just looking at old cold cases again doesn't mean they "linked" him. This misunderstanding leads to the assumption that police thinks he is responsible for all of them while they never said that, just that they are looking at those cold cases again now to find out if he COULD be linked.

And wow ... that police sketch though ... The murder of this boy was horrific, the police sketch does look a lot like CB. I just don't remember who the witness was for this sketch and how much they think they saw.
Wikipedia has a decent summary

Two men? MN and CB? This is a very long fishing expedition. Still, there have been other prolific cases in the past.

The boy was last seen at 3.20pm and police was called at 5.08pm. They believe he was murdered in the 15-20min. after he was last seen. One man had an upper lip defect or scar. There might be a Czech connection. Poor boy.

Yes, Rui Pedro. X

Wow,I am just reading up on this now my take from it so far is that this wonderland paedophile ring had young men befriending children and then delivering them to the ring.
Certainly sounds like something we have more or less speculated could have been the case with CB,that he was recruited at the age of around 17/18 ish by an organised paedophile ring! JMO and speculation

Wow,I am just reading up on this now my take from it so far is that this wonderland paedophile ring had young men befriending children and then delivering them to the ring.
Certainly sounds like something we have more or less speculated could have been the case with CB,that he was recruited at the age of around 17/18 ish by an organised paedophile ring! JMO and speculation
Very sad isn't it. I've always wondered about those people and little Joana Cipriano. It beggars belief that it was happening at all to be honest.
There is also the infamous 'Casa Pia' case. Another paedophile ring operating throughout the State run childrens home called Casa Pia.. a lot of high profile people were linked to the abuse of the kids,.Party leaders, Doctors, Judges.. even a TV presenter! The homes were still in operation certainly in 2002 when a whistle blower blew the lid. Portugal was bursting at the seams with predators! And hardly a word of it did the rest of the World get to hear! X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee