Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ohhhhhh. Sorry I got confused
Sorry, her dates were confusing, and this actually happened on Thursday, May 3, the same day when Madeleine disappeared.

The teenage witness is called Tasmin and she also gave a very good description
P.J. POLICE FILES: TMS AGED 12
She saw the guy the day before and described him as 1.8 m tall, same as Carole.
( I think CB is taller)

Last edited:
Hmm. I don't know how you can ascertain "all the rest is scandal and gossip". Bit of an over-generalistaion there. A lot of the quotes (and possible misquotes) in the press have come directly from HCW and German LE. Yes, there appears to be misinformation in there I agree, but the whole point of this forum and website is to debate and analyse that information that is coming out through the media. If we're only going to rely on what German LE say through official channels before discussing anything, we may just as well shut the thread down now and sit and wait to hear the conclusion on the news.

BIB

Don't the last 48 hours provide a clue?

First we spent pages talking about a hyped up letter which apparently says nothing different than the primary source material I translated for the thread.

Then pages more discussing pure fantasy from Brunt based on unsourced rumour.

So sure we can discuss it, but before we start blaming Portugal for failing to "retest" (sic) we should maybe pause to consider whether Brunt is talking nonsense (answer: yes)

I have written about the window before on here, it's small, it opens from the inside, so do the shutters. The curtain was tucked into the bed, there were no marks on the shutter or window. There was a bed directly underneath which no-one observed as being disturbed No way can I believe any abductor went in or out through there with a child.
The Patio door I don't know, I don't think it was that visible from the tapas bar but people were going up and down the road every 10 minutes.
My understanding was that the shutters can be raised a little from the outside- a few inches. Enough to slip your hand under, slide the window open, then reach in to pull the strap thing that raises them fully.

Sorry, her dates were confusing, and this actually happened on Thursday, May 3, the same day when Madeleine disappeared.

The teenage witness is called Tasmin and she also gave a very good description
P.J. POLICE FILES: TMS AGED 12
She saw the guy the day before and described him as 1.8 m tall, same as Carole.
( I think CB is taller)

Good girl and great observation. I wonder whether she has given a positive ID recently.

I think you're right about the shutters but I'm sure I've seen photos of the window opening inwards. I'll see if I can find them.... I still think the bed and chair, make the space very cramped.

Really why would anyone go through this elaborate charade in full view of the street when they can just walk out either of the doors, including the one they just came through?

No burglar does this. They may come through a window. But then they will normally try to open a door for exit with whatever they are stealing. This is of course why Police urge homeowners not to leave keys in the door or close to hand.

It's a sliding window, so if unlocked it can be opened from inside or outside.

The shutters can very easily be pushed up from outside without leaving any mark, there's a famous video on youtube demonstrating it.

The curtain that was tucked into the bed was on the left hand side, the window opening is on the right hand side and that curtain was flapping in the wind when KM walked in according to her statement.

The bed isn't directly underneath the window, it slightly overlaps it but its mostly floorspace under the window opening.

Difficult to get through with a child, yes. But not impossible, especially with an accomplice. But as other have pointed out. The front door was also unlocked and can be opened from the inside so they could have left that way too.
Blimey I didn’t know the front door was unlocked as welll!!! Did they even do any forensics on that? I only recall seeing fingerprints being done on the shutters and the patio door! I hope those shutters have been preserved somewhere but I doubt it.
Seems logical to me he snuck in through the window and walked out of the front door with Madeleine.

Possibly (unless he had gloves on) but so would have a lot of other people coming in and out afterwars which would have probably smudged it away. I'm not sure whether PJ ever checked for prints there but it's a fair point.

I couldn’t see any prints done on the stair gate either. Madness.

Blimey I didn’t know the front door was unlocked as welll!!! Did they even do any forensics on that? I only recall seeing fingerprints being done on the shutters and the patio door! I hope those shutters have been preserved somewhere but I doubt it.
Seems logical to me he snuck in through the window and walked out of the front door with Madeleine.
No, the front door was locked but one could enter through the patio and then unlock the front door from inside.

Was there any kind of deadline given for the current appeal for information?

Hmm. I don't know how you can ascertain "all the rest is scandal and gossip". Bit of an over-generalistaion there. A lot of the quotes (and possible misquotes) in the press have come directly from HCW and German LE. Yes, there appears to be misinformation in there I agree, but the whole point of this forum and website is to debate and analyse that information that is coming out through the media. If we're only going to rely on what German LE say through official channels before discussing anything, we may just as well shut the thread down now and sit and wait to hear the conclusion on the news.

It's a sliding window, so if unlocked it can be opened from inside or outside.

The shutters can very easily be pushed up from outside without leaving any mark, there's a famous video on youtube demonstrating it.

The curtain that was tucked into the bed was on the left hand side, the window opening is on the right hand side and that curtain was flapping in the wind when KM walked in according to her statement.

The bed isn't directly underneath the window, it slightly overlaps it but its mostly floorspace under the window opening.

Difficult to get through with a child, yes. But not impossible, especially with an accomplice. But as other have pointed out. The front door was also unlocked and can be opened from the inside so they could have left that way too.
Also, the one perp could've passed the child out the window to another perp and then left via the sliding door, staying low.

BIB

Don't the last 48 hours provide a clue?

First we spent pages talking about a hyped up letter which apparently says nothing different than the primary source material I translated for the thread.

Then pages more discussing pure fantasy from Brunt based on unsourced rumour.

So sure we can discuss it, but before we start blaming Portugal for failing to "retest" (sic) we should maybe pause to consider whether Brunt is talking nonsense (answer: yes)
I agree on many points, I was one of the first to question Brunt's article and then pointed out he had changed it once it became apparent he was talking rubbish.

And again, the letter thing. Lots of conflicting accounts about that. But I don't doubt there IS a letter of some sort, and I also believe the bit about the Jag being in Germany at the time of the abduction in those same articles, can't see any reason to say that if it weren't what the reporters were told.

The problem is we need to try and identify in this media onslaught what is accurate and what has been hyped/misrepresented, hopefully we can do that here as I think there is some correct information coming through the Press. Only point I was trying to make is I don't think it's fair to discount everything, we just need to be very careful when we analyse the information coming out and question if it sounds credible.

NO!!!? Please tell me that's not true? Front DOOR unlocked?

Also, the one perp could've passed the child out the window to another perp and then left via the sliding door, staying low.

That was the theory on forums in 2007 - that Madeleine was passed through the window because the guy who was seen carrying the child was kind of carrying her the opposite way of picking her up from her bed and taking her but if he passed her through the window then her head would be leaning on his left side.
But I think this guy in maroon shirt who was seen by Jane Tanner was found and this child wasn't Madeleine.

There was a lot of incomplete prints on the window. I wonder if tech will become available someday.
Where did you see that, have you got a link? The only prints on the window I know of belonged to KM. It was her palm print I believe, as if sliding the window open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michelemelton03