Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, the front door was locked but one could enter through the patio and then unlock the front door from inside.

Did that door lock from inside and outside? I thought GM went in through that door then out through the patio when he checked MM.

It’s
Where did you see that, have you got a link? The only prints on the window I know of belonged to KM. It was her palm print I believe, as if sliding the window open.

Outside of one patio door: Eight inadequate prints were recovered.- Outside of [the other] patio door: One inadequate print was recovered.- Outside of the external blinds to the children's bedroom: three inadequate prints were recovered.

P.J. POLICE FILES: FINGERPRINTS

Blimey I didn’t know the front door was unlocked as welll!!! Did they even do any forensics on that? I only recall seeing fingerprints being done on the shutters and the patio door! I hope those shutters have been preserved somewhere but I doubt it.
Seems logical to me he snuck in through the window and walked out of the front door with Madeleine.

From what I can remember, the front door needed a key to get in, but not to go out if you were already inside. GM couldn't remember if he'd locked it I think.
If a suspect was watching, as many feel CB must have been to see when the parents were coming and going, why would he try and go in the window when the patio door was unlocked? If it's true the parents left only 10/15 minutes between checks then an abductor would likely have to be watching carefully to get the timing right and watching ...and if he did he'd have seen them not locking the patio door or front door.

That was the theory on forums in 2007 - that Madeleine was passed through the window because the guy who was seen carrying the child was kind of carrying her the opposite way of picking her up from her bed and taking her but if he passed her through the window then her head would be leaning on his left side.
But I think this guy in maroon shirt who was seen by Jane Tanner was found and this child wasn't Madeleine.
Yes, I mentioned that possible scenario of a position switch through the window earlier in the threads. There is still some debate about whether the man who came forward was actually the person Tanner saw. PJ dismissed him early on in the investigation mainly because he said it "may have been him" bringing his daughter back from the night creche, but the man Tanner saw was actually walking in the direction of the creche. Based on where his apartment was he would have been going the opposite way.

From what I can remember, the front door needed a key to get in, but not to go out if you were already inside. GM couldn't remember if he'd locked it I think.
If a suspect was watching, as many feel CB must have been to see when the parents were coming and going, why would he try and go in the window when the patio door was unlocked? If it's true the parents left only 10/15 minutes between checks then an abductor would likely have to be watching carefully to get the timing right and watching ...and if he did he'd have seen them not locking the patio door or front door.
Also wasn't there one pair of the front door keys missing from the staff room? This was reported in the early days so not sure if it is accurate.

Yes, it's possible that the window was only opened to provide an emergency escape route to be used if someone came in unexpectedly and interrupted the abductor

That was the theory on forums in 2007 - that Madeleine was passed through the window because the guy who was seen carrying the child was kind of carrying her the opposite way of picking her up from her bed and taking her but if he passed her through the window then her head would be leaning on his left side.
But I think this guy in maroon shirt who was seen by Jane Tanner was found and this child wasn't Madeleine.

I think the Tanner sighting isn't very reliable from all accounts.

NO!!!? Please tell me that's not true? Front DOOR unlocked?

Of course in the case of young children its very different but its always something I hesitate over for a few secs when leaving someone inside when theres only one key, lock them in-fire hazard. Leave it unlocked. Of course we have a unique situation here.

Yes, pretty much correct. GM admitted he "probably" didn't lock the front door, but as you say it is like a latch lock (double lock). Can't be opened from outside without the key but you can just turn the knob from inside to get out.

Yes, I mentioned that possible scenario of a position switch through the window earlier in the threads. There is still some debate about whether the man who came forward was actually the person Tanner saw. PJ dismissed him early on in the investigation mainly because he said it "may have been him" bringing his daughter back from the night creche, but the man Tanner saw was actually walking in the direction of the creche. Based on where his apartment was he would have been going the opposite way.

agree with this. I think it may have been Madeleine.

This guy was big in the McStay case.

Without going into the detail we should treat his shameless self promotion with caution.

He isn't actually doing testing. He is using computer models to analyse low quality samples.
nothing wrong with self-promotion, if his lab's analysis can back it up wth results.
no problem if you don't want to go into detail, although you appear to be implying something about the quality of his lab's results?

Also wasn't there one pair of the front door keys missing from the staff room? This was reported in the early days so not sure if it is accurate.
Whoa. Missing staff keys.
Never heard that.

Yes, and an absolute stroke of luck that the window was unlocked. Perhaps he tried the window first, then would have gone to patio if he hadn't succeeded through the window - if that's how he did actually get in.

Photo setup here shows exactly how easy. Passed out the window, over the wall, into the car. Gone.

If that’s the actual window, it’s does look quite big. I also wonder if they have kept the window shutter or window for forensics?
You’d like to think so!

I think the Tanner sighting isn't very reliable from all accounts.

It was very reliable. The man she saw came forward with proof of what he and his pyjama-clad daughter were wearing at the time:

A British father considered the prime suspect in the Madeleine McCann kidnapping for six years blew open the case after coming forward to police with his child's distinctive frilly pyjamas. The mystery man's involvement was ruled out after detectives realised he was taking his own two-year-old daughter home from a crèche and had not snatched Maddie.

Madeleine McCann kidnapping: innocent British father mistaken for key suspect | Daily Mail Online

Can people start checking 'facts' and providing links occasionally. There are things being presented as fact on here that have never been proven or disproven e.g the front door being unlocked and missing staff keys.

It’s possible the suspect opened the window from the outside if it wasn’t locked? Or didn’t the shutters keep falling down, thus making this extremely difficult?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NurseInvestigator