Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Tanner, the man walked left to right along the top road that runs in front of the Ocean club. He was walking across the intersection of the road that leads down to the Tapas. She was near the side of MMs apartment on the road that runs down to the Tapas when she saw him. I believe she continued up that road and onto the same road where she saw the man. But then she turned left and headed to the front door of her apartment wheras the man was apparently going the other way.

There is a lot of debate about Tanner's account though, some of which was discussed here last night.

Some people may find this link helps. It explains the sighting with a map and the issue about the man who came forward.

The problem with the Jane Tanner sighting
Thanks, that's a better description.

If there were two people involved in the abduction, I think one of them - the lookout, would have scarpered immediately after in the opposite direction. It would have looked more suspicious if two men were seen carrying a child down the road. imo

I can’t believe he would break into someone’s apartment naked with swimming goggles on. What on earth is that all about? Surely that will leave behind more dna, body hair or shedded skin cells. It makes no sense. Although he does say he was high at the time.... but still???

Reminded me of the scene from the inbetweeners, Jay in the snorkeling gear...

If there were two people involved in the abduction, I think one of them - the lookout, would have scarpered immediately after in the opposite direction. It would have looked more suspicious if two men were seen carrying a child down the road. imo
in this 2 person scenario, surely one has to fetch the vehicle. hard to believe two people planned an abduction which involved walking away for any distance - surely they had access to a 'getaway' car.

in this 2 person scenario, surely one has to fetch the vehicle. hard to believe two people planned an abduction which involved walking away for any distance - surely they had access to a 'getaway' car.

Two person scenario is absurdly unlikely for an abduction

Unless one person would had genuine reason to be around and about (eg work). Maybe thought he’d be handling stolen goods rather than stolen child.

I'm tempted to think a car may have been parked in the Ocean club car park itself. We know CB had access to lots of vehicles through his car dealings. An incospicuous vehicle in the car park is not going to stand out or raise any eyebrows, and reduces risk of being seen by anyone between the apartment and the getaway vehicle. The resort was not that busy so would have been plenty of space. And, given the McCanns didn't have a car, and their apartment was right on the end, it is highly probable that the space right outside their apartment would have been empty.

Yes, somewhere at the bottom of the road. As I've said before, if you park a car outside the apartment it would've have looked more obvious carrying a child out/in to it.
A witness could have said " Yes, I saw someone put a child into a car near the apartment"
If a car was parked in a discreet place further down the road and taking into account people were carrying children back from the creche, it wouldn't have been so obvious. imo

Thanks,just that on the reconstruction you see him walking across the top of road in streetlights,which seems wierd as if they had taken her and walked up the road to the top and then crossed in streetlight it would have seemed odd to me,im assuming it was pretty quiet and surely you would know someone was behind you walking up at there even at a little distance,unless to not draw attention to the place he was staying (potentially) which was on the right of mcanns apartment (with back to tapas)..just looked at map and if he had come out of patio doors and gone the other way,maybe if he had heard anyone about from bedroom window hes gone out the patio doors and gone right past other apartments and down an alleyway it looks like and then right again onto road that runs across the top he would have had no choice than to walk in streetlight,was any other apartment forensically examined,including the one the two blonde guys were sighted at?
Yes I’ve also been wondering about that empty apartment, about whether anyone checked it?

If a drug of some sort were used, how would it be administered to a sleeping child? Something like chloroform would have surely left traces in the room, wouldn't it? I'm not really familiar with that field but if drugging was possible, it definitely makes the whole abduction easier to carry out. Just wondering how the abductor might have done it.
There was always speculation that the parents themselves had given the children a mild sedative following the reports of audible crying on previous nights.

The only drug that the McCann's mentioned using was Calpol and Nurofen. I can't imagine the abductor had enough time to drug the other children. Surely he grabbed her and got out of there quickly. Sorry to mention Alesha Macphail again, but AC carried her out of bed and down a flight of stairs without her waking up plus she was a few years older than Madeleine.

He was a drug dealer. A paedophile ring/child trafficking hasn't been discounted yet either. I think there are other people who know about this - person who allegedly tipped him off, a drug user or accomplice who is unlikely to talk and so on.
And taking into account the amount of suspicious people hanging around - even if a percentage of them were innocent some of them seem credible.
The incident of the man entering the holiday home a few miles outside PDL and talking to the child when her mother was upstairs - he was described as having black hair. I think if CB wore a dark wig it would be noticeable with his eye/ skin colour. IMO

And taking into account the amount of suspicious people hanging around - even if a percentage of them were innocent some of them seem credible.
The incident of the man entering the holiday home a few miles outside PDL and talking to the child when her mother was upstairs - he was described as having black hair. I think if CB wore a dark wig it would be noticeable with his eye/ skin colour. IMO

That's true. I'd like to see what he looked like in a wig to get some kind of perspective on it.

The only drug that the McCann's mentioned using was Calpol and Nurofen. I can't imagine the abductor had enough time to drug the other children. Surely he grabbed her and got out of there quickly. Sorry to mention Alesha Macphail again, but AC carried her out of bed and down a flight of stairs without her waking up plus she was a few years older than Madeleine.
And the other two children were too young to say anything. Even if they had woken up the abductor would have scarpered before anyone would have been alerted to their crying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahartley1978