Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is my theory was well.

It was clear from the disparities between the PJ interviews and the Leicester interviews that none of it made sense. It's a good example of why witnesses should never hot house their version together.

My guess is she really saw Totman, and enhanced it for whatever reason. She might have questioned her own memory over where she saw him or forgotten. Maybe the Pyjamas is the only thing she really remembered. I think Murat gave her the opportunity to exit her story and she simply banked on PJ having the right guy.

The problem is, all of it created a false timeline and cast suspicion on the group.

But what we have to get in mind is the Met had years to speak to all of them in private and I suspect they got to the bottom of it. PJ had no access to any of them.

It is one of the biggest problems of the case that so many witnesses were on holiday and left the country.

I think there were 60 off guests at the hotel plus staff. I wonder if the met interviewed them all?

That is my theory was well.

It was clear from the disparities between the PJ interviews and the Leicester interviews that none of it made sense. It's a good example of why witnesses should never hot house their version together.

My guess is she really saw Totman, and enhanced it for whatever reason. She might have questioned her own memory over where she saw him or forgotten. Maybe the Pyjamas is the only thing she really remembered. I think Murat gave her the opportunity to exit her story and she simply banked on PJ having the right guy.

The problem is, all of it created a false timeline and cast suspicion on the group.

But what we have to get in mind is the Met had years to speak to all of them in private and I suspect they got to the bottom of it. PJ had no access to any of them.

It is one of the biggest problems of the case that so many witnesses were on holiday and left the country.

I think there were 60 off guests at the hotel plus staff. I wonder if the met interviewed them all?

I'm tempted to think a car may have been parked in the Ocean club car park itself. We know CB had access to lots of vehicles through his car dealings. An incospicuous vehicle in the car park is not going to stand out or raise any eyebrows, and reduces risk of being seen by anyone between the apartment and the getaway vehicle. The resort was not that busy so would have been plenty of space. And, given the McCanns didn't have a car, and their apartment was right on the end, it is highly probable that the space right outside their apartment would have been empty.
there seems to be a small hatch parked in that space. my guess - that hatch belongs to the female resident that lived upstairs.
otherwise, i agree, plenty of room in that car park, and any 'getaway' car would not have been there for more than a few seconds.
P.J. POLICE FILES: FORENSIC COLLECTIONS 4 MAY 2007

there seems to be a small hatch parked in that space. my guess - that hatch belongs to the female resident that lived upstairs.
otherwise, i agree, plenty of room in that car park, and any 'getaway' car would not have been there for more than a few seconds.
P.J. POLICE FILES: FORENSIC COLLECTIONS 4 MAY 2007
Or it may have been an allocated space for the McCann's apartment itself. Apartment 5A was privately owned, although Mark Warner would still let the apartment out on the owners behalf, the owners would also privately let it out to friends.

Last edited:
Or it may have been an allocated space for the McCann's apartment itself. Apartment 5A was privately owned, although Mark Warner would still let the aparment out on the owners behalf, the owners would also privately let it out to friends.
makes more sense. thinking about it the woman living directly upstairs (mrs fenn) would be more likely to park near the stairwell. (if she even had a car).

Its possible that somewhere in one of those witness statements or someone after the many appeals has seen a camper van or Jag parked nearby on the night, which were not ruled out until it was discovered CB owned such vehicles.
There’s a focus on the 2 vehicles in the latest appeal.

Indeed. You
If a drug of some sort were used, how would it be administered to a sleeping child? Something like chloroform would have surely left traces in the room, wouldn't it? I'm not really familiar with that field but if drugging was possible, it definitely makes the whole abduction easier to carry out. Just wondering how the abductor might have done it.

we’re not familiar with drugs, but CB certainly is familiar with drugs: procuring, cutting, distributing, selling. He’d know exactly which drug and what method. Why didn’t anyone check for drugs in the blood of the twins?

we’re not familiar with drugs, but CB certainly is familiar with drugs: procuring, cutting, distributing, selling. He’d know exactly which drug and what method. Why didn’t anyone check for drugs in the blood of the twins?
good point about testing.
FP was an Anaesthetist, surely she would have been able to tell any subtle difference between sleeping and drugged. you would assume she would have thought to check the twins, from her professional background. she spent a long time in the apt5a with Kate immediately after the disappearance. Also the twins were moved into FP's apt during that night. here's what FP said:

'No, and that was the other thing, she kept going into the twins, she kept putting her hands on the twins to check they were breathing, she was very much concerned in checking that they were okay. But they were okay, I mean, they were fine, they didn't, they were asleep, but at the time it did seem weird, I remember thinking, you know, when the Police came they turned the lights on, there was loads of noise, obviously from the moment Kate discovered that Madeleine was gone, the screaming and the shouting and there was a lot of noise and they, they didn't, you know, so much as blink'.
P.J. POLICE FILES: FIONA PAYNE ROGATORY

Maybe this is posted already...I like the tone and non-sensational wording in this one.

Very interesting, I hadn't seen that before. Did you hear the bit about what else was apparently discussed in the "bar confession"? Not heard that mentioned anywhere in the Press, why not? Was that a slip-up, was he not supposed to have spoke about that publicly?

Drugs can show in a hair sample for up to 4 months I believe.
Someone upthread said that the twins’ hair was tested & I believe that was the case & no drugs were found.

Maybe this is posted already...I like the tone and non-sensational wording in this one.

Thanks for posting. I wonder how many journalists are in PDL at the moment?
Good points made about jogging peoples memory ( I was even checking clips on the docu!)
An investigation like this is never static and could go on for a very long time now that CB's name has been made public and not just for M's case.

Someone upthread said that the twins’ hair was tested & I believe that was the case & no drugs were found.

I have been reading the back threads, there is also mention in an article that Kate kept going to the twins that night and checking them (after Madeleine was abducted), feeling their foreheads and such. I think the doctor in her may have been checking for drug reaction and wellness.

Oops, sorry, I now see that sleuth-d just mentioned that.

first link i looked at...
"with its longer window of detection, can detect repetitive drug use for up to 90 days. The ability for a hair drug test to produce a long-term drug use history leads many employers to question whether a hair drug test can consistently and effectively detect one-time drug use.
The simple answer is probably not
"
Ask the experts: Can hair testing detect one-time drug use? | Quest Diagnostics

KM and the twins took drug tests in Sep 2007.

AFAIK this was organised by the McCanns to refute a theory the Portuguese police had that the kids were hyperactive, she couldn’t cope and was on anti-depressants etc etc. The tests were negative.

Could you tell after 4 months if the twins had been drugged by someone back in May? Not sure, honestly. The tests used hair samples.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Before.the.dawn