Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard somewhere the patio door was on latch, but that can be open easily from outside. Or it was locked, I must check his book to understand that.
It was unlocked, this door was used by GM then MO then KM to access the apartment on the night. All acknowledge it was open and simply had to be slid across to enter.

Read the article. He says the 2 ways in were the window and the front door using a false key (you can't open the front door from outside without a key), yet the rear patio doors were unlocked the whole time as well, he seems to have dismissed that possibility.

His book states several times patio door was unlocked, so I don't understand those 2 only ways indeed.

Articles like this are what worry me about this media farce.

Here is a key witness announcing guilt but based on speculation.

This could corrupt other witnesses and his own testimony.

No way should these people be in the media.
I kind of agree there, but if German LE considered him a key witness he would have been told not to speak to the media.

A couple of us pointed out on here yesterday his involvment in finding the rape video was inadvertently revealed. One article from a few years ago spoke about it was someone CB had previously stolen diesel with who found the video. Then yesterday when the piece about the blue van came out it mentioned it was destroyed after CB didnt pay the fine after stealing diesel with MT.

My guess is that other people picked up on that link and have sought MT out to get his comment. For whatever reason he has obilged with this.

It makes me wonder when it was reported about CB not saying anything unless evidence is found. Is that him putting a message out to someone else to either A. Get rid of any remaining evidence B. Telling his wider group he isn't going to talk about anyone else involved.
I would hope that the GP have a few people they are watching very closely at the moment.
Are there any monetary rewards for information leading to a conviction? I'm wondering if this would draw someone out of the woodwork.

Just picking up on a couple of Amaral's quotes in thwt article. Firstly this one -

"There were only two ways to enter (into the apartment): with a false key or through the window," explained Gonçalo Amaral.

Not that is especially important but what about the patio doors which everyone admits were unlocked? Thats three ways.

Gonçalo Amaral stated that the saliva sample found "is from a baby with breast milk" and that he was in a bed other than Maddie's.

Isn't this the sample though that was postively linked to a previous occupant of 5A? The sample Germany have requested is the one that they were unable to obtain a DNA extract from.
whether or not the balcony door was open depends on which version of Gerrys evidence you accept

It was clear from the evidence of one of the other detectives at Lisbon that they dont trust the tapas timeline at all. In fact they were scathing about it

So I believe that is why he says that.

Just picking up on a couple of Amaral's quotes in thwt article. Firstly this one -

"There were only two ways to enter (into the apartment): with a false key or through the window," explained Gonçalo Amaral.

Not that is especially important but what about the patio doors which everyone admits were unlocked? Thats three ways.

Gonçalo Amaral stated that the saliva sample found "is from a baby with breast milk" and that he was in a bed other than Maddie's.

Isn't this the sample though that was postively linked to a previous occupant of 5A? The sample Germany have requested is the one that they were unable to obtain a DNA extract from.

Hello all. I am new. I registered many years ago but never really posted anything here. I have read here from time to time though. More so in the last couple weeks in light of the developments in Madeleine's case. I have researched this sad story for many years. Anyways, I wanted to comment on this, you are right that there was also the entrance via the patio doors. There was a baby gate at the top of the stairs and then the metal gate that faced the street. Both of these were reported closed by Kate when she went to check, according to David Payne. David said he asked Kate specifically if those gates were both closed and she said yes that they were. David said he believed Madeleine was abducted because she wouldn't have opened and closed both gates if she wandered out. I wonder if Amaral ruled that way in and out by the abductor because of both of the gates being closed. With that being said, Amaral should keep in open mind in regards to the patio entrance because of Carol Tranmer's statement i.e. the man opening and closing a nearby gate very cautiously over and over so it didn't make any noise. That was on the afternoon of May 3, 2007. Madeleine went missing that night.

I remember to have read something at the timethat police was unsure where children were in fact and admitted they might all be somewhere else altogether in an apartment.

Hello all. I am new. I registered many years ago but never really posted anything here. I have read here from time to time though. More so in the last couple weeks in light of the developments in Madeleine's case. I have researched this sad story for many years. Anyways, I wanted to comment on this, you are right that there was also the entrance via the patio doors. There was a baby gate at the top of the stairs and then the metal gate that faced the street. Both of these were reported closed by Kate when she went to check, according to David Payne. David said he asked Kate specifically if those gates were both closed and she said yes that they were. David said he believed Madeleine was abducted because she wouldn't have opened and closed both gates if she wandered out. I wonder if Amaral ruled that way in and out by the abductor because of both of the gates being closed. With that being said, Amaral should keep in open mind in regards to the patio entrance because of Carol Tranmer's statement i.e. the man opening and closing a nearby gate very cautiously over and over so it didn't make any noise. That was on the afternoon of May 3, 2007. Madeleine went missing that night.

What a nice first post full of interesting information. Welcome.

GA must have something implicit when he says there were two ways, he wouldn't commit such a gross error.

I'm so hoping that on or about July 16, the day by which they expect a ruling in the extradition matter that LE drop some serious charges on this guy!! UGH>

I’m hoping for a leak from the appeals court to LE about the ruling. That way, there is no need to charge him yet and the Germans can keep working on an iron clad case. Whether for MM or any other children that are now being re-opened.

I’m hoping for a leak from the appeals court to LE about the ruling. That way, there is no need to charge him yet and the Germans can keep working on an iron clad case. Whether for MM or any other children that are now being re-opened.

I'm not so sure as the appeal only covers rape as far as I know.

whether or not the balcony door was open depends on which version of Gerrys evidence you accept

It was clear from the evidence of one of the other detectives at Lisbon that they dont trust the tapas timeline at all. In fact they were scathing about it

So I believe that is why he says that.
It's not just GM statement and the timelines doesn't come into it. I agree, the original statement from both K and G had them saying they went in through the front door using a key. We don't know if that was misinterpretation due to language barriers or whether they perhaps simply didn't want to admit they had left the patio doors open.

In any case. K and G both clarified in their second statements that they left through the patio doors. The patio doors CANNOT be locked from outside, the only way to lock them is from inside by the latch. Then in his second statement G confirms he went in via the patio doors and left by them. Their friend MO also confirmed he did the same thing according to his statement and then so did K. Amaral accepted, at the time, that this was correct and has made no contention that I'm aware of that the patio doors were in fact locked unless you know otherwise?

I'm not so sure as the appeal only covers rape as far as I know.
Correct. But if the ruling is known to LE before it’s public, they would take measures to secure him somehow if CB wins the appeal. It would force their hand prematurely.

From the last few posts it makes you wonder if it's the building layout or fabric that is the something only the abductor would have known.
Possibly the internal set up in the building that has never been accurately reported on so far, or withheld.
Because these details were apparently given by an assosciate of CB, so could potentially be seen as credible that unless they had been there in that building,or at that time, then they wouldnt have known the details.

Last edited:
It makes me wonder when it was reported about CB not saying anything unless evidence is found. Is that him putting a message out to someone else to either A. Get rid of any remaining evidence B. Telling his wider group he isn't going to talk about anyone else involved.
I would hope that the GP have a few people they are watching very closely at the moment.
Are there any monetary rewards for information leading to a conviction? I'm wondering if this would draw someone out of the woodwork.
£20,000 reward has been offered for information that leads to his conviction.

£20,000 reward has been offered for information that leads to his conviction.
There was a million-pound reward back in 2007. If any of CB's criminal web friends suspected him they would talk.
This is what makes me cautious about the whole story. IMO he knows what happened but I am not sure whether to believe it was him who committed this crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dylanfoxx