Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know if it’s relevant or not, but the big attraction to Kik was always that it was “anonymous”. You don’t have to have a phone number to use it, just an email address. And to add someone, you only need to know their username.
A phone number can be added to an account after set up.

Yes, maybe someone is just playing up. Maybe even CB from the prison.

I don't think so. In german prisons, especially in seperate detention, the inmates are very isolated! Sure, they got possibilities, e.g. over the lawyers! But i don't think so. In germany, lawyers lose their admission pretty fast, if they break the rules.

I don’t know if it’s relevant or not, but the big attraction to Kik was always that it was “anonymous”. You don’t have to have a phone number to use it, just an email address. And to add someone, you only need to know their username.
A phone number can be added to an account after set up.

So basically you could add an Engish mobile number to the account after, like has been done. Surely then, that new number would have to be verified, so LE need to trace English number as I said before -

"The Kik application logs user IP addresses, which the company can use to determine location.[6][7] " wiki

Easy then.

MWT did say it was her a few weeks ago, when the number was first released - interesting. First one who gets their head around, and comes up with answers around MWT's tweet gets a gold medal!

I’m so suspicious of this connection. Is MWT’s only evidence that the Kik user and CB’s ex are the same person that the two photos are similar? Because he treats it like a foregone conclusion that it is two photos of the same person. Might not be. Also, the photo someone uses as their profile on social media is certainly NOT guaranteed to be a pic of them!

"A main attraction of Kik that differentiates it from other messaging apps is its anonymity. To register for the Kik service, a user must enter a first and last name, e-mail address, and birth date (which, as of February 2016, must show that the user is at least 13 years old[32]), and select a username. The Kik registration process does not request or require the entry of a phone number (although the user has the option to enter one[32]), unlike some other messaging services that require a user to provide a functioning mobile phone number."

"users have screennames; the app doesn't share phone numbers or email addresses."

So how has the UK number been discovered I wonder?

Kik Messenger - Wikipedia

I’m so suspicious of this connection. Is MWT’s only evidence that the Kik user and CB’s ex are the same person that the two photos are similar? Because he treats it like a foregone conclusion that it is two photos of the same person. Might not be. Also, the photo someone uses as their profile on social media is certainly NOT guaranteed to be a pic of them!

Although it's her photo we don't think she is the KIK user.

Another very wise point, Ted! Only a pity because UK number may be useless.

"A main attraction of Kik that differentiates it from other messaging apps is its anonymity. To register for the Kik service, a user must enter a first and last name, e-mail address, and birth date (which, as of February 2016, must show that the user is at least 13 years old[32]), and select a username. The Kik registration process does not request or require the entry of a phone number (although the user has the option to enter one[32]), unlike some other messaging services that require a user to provide a functioning mobile phone number."

"users have screennames; the app doesn't share phone numbers or email addresses."

So how has the UK number been discovered I wonder?

Kik Messenger - Wikipedia

I do know that while you aren’t *required* to add your number to a Kik account and they claim not to share your phone number, if you do decide to add your number you become instantly discoverable to any of your phone contacts that also have Kik installed until you disable the feature. Like as soon as you add your number, a phone contact that also has Kik can open the app and get a notification that one of their phone contacts is using the app and asks if they would like to connect. If that makes sense.

What relevance that has here though, if any, is what I don’t know.

I do know that while you aren’t *required* to add your number to a Kik account and they claim not to share your phone number, if you do decide to add your number you become instantly discoverable to any of your phone contacts that also have Kik installed until you disable the feature. Like as soon as you add your number, a phone contact that also has Kik can open the app and get a notification that one of their phone contacts is using the app and asks if the would like to connect. If that makes sense.

Yes, it does.

I do know that while you aren’t *required* to add your number to a Kik account and they claim not to share your phone number, if you do decide to add your number you become instantly discoverable to any of your phone contacts that also have Kik installed until you disable the feature. Like as soon as you add your number, a phone contact that also has Kik can open the app and get a notification that one of their phone contacts is using the app and asks if the would like to connect. If that makes sense.

What relevance that has here though, if any, is what I don’t know.

The UK phone number is relevant.

The UK phone number is relevant.

Oh, I agree, Ted!
All I meant was I just can’t quite get my head around how it’s all connected at the minute, or if my explanation about how the discovery feature of Kik works is even relevant to it all in the grand scheme of things.

ADMIN NOTE:

Please review Websleuths Terms of Service, and specifically The Rules: Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc.

Posts containing links to FB or other social media accounts that do not belong to either a victim or an officially named POI/suspect are not allowed.

Some posts have been removed but if members are aware of other posts containing the above noted TOS violations, please use the Report feature to let us know so we can remove the post.

As always, members can discuss such things in private conversations (where you can add up to 20 members), but the information is not allowed to be posted on the public threads.

Thank you.

ETA: Typo > "now" was intended to be "not". Big difference there ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member