Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As well as the video he showed at the bar, other ‘friends’ talk of videos that have “fallen into their hands”. Reading between the lines, that’s a ring. Admittedly no confirmation it’s a pedophile ring but we do know he has form for videoing his crimes and that hubris was probably his downfall.

Can you tell us where you are reading or seeing this information?

For reference (I hope it’s allowed), newspaper article from December on suspects trial for rape on the elderly lady.

Sieben Jahre Haft wegen brutaler Vergewaltigung in Portugal - Braunschweiger Zeitung (German)

Google Translate (Google translate)

I’d be grateful if someone could translate particularly that section better.

Hmm. The small criminal milieu? So that’s a group linked by crime that came forward with video evidence of the rape... A ring?

There was no trace of a perpetrator for years.

Until a witness spoke to police In 2006. He stole a video camera from a friend's house in Praia da Luz. The acquaintance had been detained for diesel theft and he and a friend had used the opportunity to break into his home.

The man testified at the trial of Christian Brueckner in December, stating he saw a film sequence on the video camera in which an older woman was bound and masked and whipped then raped.

'Then the man sat on the bed and pulled the mask off his face. Then I thought: That can't be. ' He recognised the house occupant.

A second film showed a younger person in the house. She was tied naked to a wooden beam. The house inhabitant, his acquaintance, had sat on the sofa in this sequence. The young woman had asked him to release her a few times.

It was a rape, what was going on, she said in German. The witness who stole the camera said he and his friend wanted nothing to do with what they found.

He claimed he left the videotapes in his motorhome which which was later scrapped. He said he and his accomplice were certain that what they saw was no staged scene.

Madeleine McCann: German police reveal photo of suspect | Daily Mail Online

Perhaps this is what was meant by “ the videos fell into their hands” - to me this sounds like one of Christians friends had broken into his house (but why would they do that?) and discovered the videos of the rapes on his camera.
So many questions.

That’s an amazing find.

There is only one paragraph?
The full article can be read on google translate. 43 year old man who raped an elderly woman in Portugal.

daily mail states
In December 2019 he was convicted in Germany for the attack on the US-born pensioner in September 2005, according to Braunschweiger Zeitung, the newspaper for the central German city of Braunschweig where he was put on trial

the German article I posted is from December 2019 from that court. Full article can be read if you click on google translate. I didn’t realise it would change the link name to that!

The "convicted pedophile" videoed himself raping a "72 year old" months before Maddie's disappearance and has been charged with that crime. It doesn't look like he was strictly into children, does it?

Rape is not about sexual desire, it's about violence and power. Neither children or 72 year old women are likely to be able to put up much of a fight against a man.

The full article can be read on google translate. 43 year old man who raped an elderly woman in Portugal.

daily mail states

the German article I posted is from December 2019 from that court. Full article can be read if you click on google translate. I didn’t realise it would change the link name to that!

I would translate it for you but I can't find the full article, give me just a Minute, I'm doing my best ;)

“The 43-year-old was today named as Christian Brueckner - a German paedophile and drug trafficker jailed last year for raping a 72-year-old American tourist in Praia da Luz shortly before Maddie was snatched from her bed 13 years ago. His alleged admission to a friend about Maddie's abduction came over a drink on the tenth anniversary of her disappearance when her face appeared on the German pub's TV screen. He then showed his friend a video of him raping a woman, which led to the associate tipping off police. The 43-year-old drifter with a long history of sex crimes against women and children was living in Praia da Luz when Maddie vanished from an apartment 13 years ago as her parents Gerry and Kate were out for dinner at a nearby tapas restaurant. The convicted child sex offender spent 12 years in the Algarve resort dealing drugs, burgling holiday homes and robbing tourists and was jailed last year for the rape of a 72-year-old American in same resort just 18 months before the British three-year-old vanished on May 3, 2007. In December 2019 he was convicted in Germany for the attack on the US-born pensioner in September 2005. He planned the rape having broken into the victim's house wearing a mask and armed with a rope to tie her to a wooden beam. She was blindfolded, gagged and whipped with a piece of metal before being raped and robbed - but hairs left at the scene later linked him to the crime. She told the police: 'He enjoyed torturing me'. The sex attack on the 72-year-old woman could be significant because the convicted paedophile had broken into her Praia da Luz holiday home to loot it - police have long believed Maddie may have been snatched during a burglary.”
UK Home | Daily Mail Online. Plus a pic with eyes redacted is posted.

can anyone remember if they have any DNA from the crime scene?

Rape is not about sexual desire, it's about violence and power. Neither children or 72 year old women are likely to be able to put up much of a fight against a man.
Well said. Some attackers may be very specific about their victims, but many are rank opportunists who just need to hurt someone vulnerable, or even just accessible.

I'm glad there is something, after all these years. Those poor parents.

“The 43-year-old was today named as Christian Brueckner - a German paedophile and drug trafficker jailed last year for raping a 72-year-old American tourist in Praia da Luz shortly before Maddie was snatched from her bed 13 years ago. His alleged admission to a friend about Maddie's abduction came over a drink on the tenth anniversary of her disappearance when her face appeared on the German pub's TV screen. He then showed his friend a video of him raping a woman, which led to the associate tipping off police. The 43-year-old drifter with a long history of sex crimes against women and children was living in Praia da Luz when Maddie vanished from an apartment 13 years ago as her parents Gerry and Kate were out for dinner at a nearby tapas restaurant. The convicted child sex offender spent 12 years in the Algarve resort dealing drugs, burgling holiday homes and robbing tourists and was jailed last year for the rape of a 72-year-old American in same resort just 18 months before the British three-year-old vanished on May 3, 2007. In December 2019 he was convicted in Germany for the attack on the US-born pensioner in September 2005. He planned the rape having broken into the victim's house wearing a mask and armed with a rope to tie her to a wooden beam. She was blindfolded, gagged and whipped with a piece of metal before being raped and robbed - but hairs left at the scene later linked him to the crime. She told the police: 'He enjoyed torturing me'. The sex attack on the 72-year-old woman could be significant because the convicted paedophile had broken into her Praia da Luz holiday home to loot it - police have long believed Maddie may have been snatched during a burglary.”
UK Home | Daily Mail Online. Plus a pic with eyes redacted is posted.

Presumably he showed this video on his phone. We know the original footage was taken on a video camera. He’s made copies of this. But why? Surely not just to have on his phone in case of drunken hubris?

I think he makes material to share, and sell - he wasn’t an affluent man. There is more out there and someone knows where.

Yes, that was a bad choice. But that is not true at all. We know about it because of what happened after they were left alone. Parents who make a bad choice and nothing bad comes of it don't make the news. Kidnappings and murders do. People always seem so eager to twist everything to make the parents the biggest bad guys here, why not place that on the person who took advantage of their bad choice and actually hurt the child?

I lived on a small street that had block parties in the summer. People would sit outside with their drinks, playing music and sharing potluck food. After dark parents would put their kids to bed and go back and check on them occassionally. Nothing ever happened to any of those kids. Looking back in retrospect it was pretty foolish because outcomes like what happened to MM could have happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fat Cinnamon