Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

I think what Jealoushe meant is that in this forum a lot of people try to follow the persons rights of privacy. Especially as the case is investigated in Germany, where we have strict rules about publishing someones full name. Sharing someones name in connection with crimes can cause a lot of harm to innocent people, so I would like you to think about that :)

Oh god I hope they didn't find a tape, and then again I guess I hope they do ,Prison will be quite uncomfortable for him

We were talking about this upthread a couple of days ago. He clearly likes to film and share his crimes. It could be though that, even if they think they have a film, it’s not proof yet since they can’t link the perpetrator of the film or the victim to CB and MM - quality, POV etc.

It might also account for any certainty as to method of murder without a body.

Very good read. Speaking transparently as an amateur follower here, I never knew the tricky nature of using the cadaver dog signalling as evidence.
I'm glad you mention that, I agree. Dogs are amazing, but they're animals, not machines. In particular, a dog, perhaps trained to find cadavers in the woods in England, might become pretty confused in a small hotel room in Portugal. Or, it could be that hotel room has a long history of use and many different smells including food spills, etc. Plus the dog-handler is the one interpreting the signals, and that person might be unconsciously skewing the results. MOO

It seems this must be the guy. So sad and so frightening. I feel so sad for her parents and what they have endured all these years.

Sex offenders and especially paedos are sick people that should only be allowed back into society with very strict supervision if not at all. It is so scary that a guy like this was walking around doing who knows what else freely and for all these years.

My assumption is that he did it in case someone had seen the vehicle and reported it as connected to the crime...it is true though, that if that was the case, PJ would have contacted the person who was now the new 'owner', and they would be a suspect in the abduction! Not a nice thing to do to someone else...there's more to this swap than police have revealed, the fake owner must have been interviewed.
True, but if he transferred title to an elderly friend in Germany who had not traveled out of the country, they would not be a suspect for long. JMO

It seems this must be the guy. So sad and so frightening. I feel so sad for her parents and what they have endured all these years.

Sex offenders and especially paedos are sick people that should only be allowed back into society with very strict supervision if not at all. It is so scary that a guy like this was walking around doing who knows what else freely and for all these years.

Although the one somewhat reassuring thing is that we might have linked three disappearances to one man which would go to show joe rare this level of depravity is. Having said that, it’s starting to feel a bit like a desperate grab at leads. I hope I’m wrong.

The Sun article above clearly states the Jaguar was re registered in Germany to a new owner even though the car remained in Portugal.

He did it online. The PJ believed his story that he was in Germany doing the car matter as he had the printed registration papers. He just did it online day after kidnapping MM to create an alibi that he was out of the country. And the PJ did not follow it up. He might even have created a fictitious buyer.

This is my theory. Now that the Germans know that the buyer did not exist and the change in ownership was so soon after MM disappears, its the smoking gun. Cant be anything else.

Last edited:
The Sun article above clearly states the Jaguar was re registered in Germany to a new owner even though the car remained in Portugal.

He did it online. The PJ believed his story that he was in Germany doing the car matter as he had the printed registration papers. He just did it online day after kidnapping MM to create an alibi that he was out of the country. And the PJ did not follow it up. He might even have created a fictitious buyer.

Oh where did you read that? That’s really interesting - so it was his alibi?

More likely no one ever saw or reported the Jag anyway.

IMO, if it was this guy, he was potentially an experienced housebreaker, and would make sure no one saw him. To me, the idea that a child abductor would allow himself to be seen, walking around with his victim, is absurd.

To me, this crime is unsolved because no one witnessed it, and it was a snatch and run so there was no crime scene and no evidence left in the room. Wouldn't have mattered if the FBI were on the scene in 15 minutes, there was nothing there to give anybody any clues.
I am not sure that it is absurd for him to be seen by someone, with the child.

Both his vehicles were very distinctive. He wouldn't want to park them anywhere close to the resort that night. So how does he get the child to his vehicle?

I think he needed to carry her to his vehicle and try to act like a Dad with a sleeping child. JMO

This has been widely reported (link below) but also seems to have been removed from some news sites, so I'm guessing the source might be iffy
Madeleine McCann suspect 'fantasised about kidnapping and raping a child'
The story first came out in Der Spiegal, according to the Guardian, which quotes that paper for their story. It seems to have come out in relation to the German missing child Inga. The lawyer for that family is trying to put pressure on police to investigate CB in relation to that child. I worry that the lawyer has planted some information in the media to try to make a stronger case for investigating the link. I hope not, but media can't always resist a tempting lure and bite the hook.
"The lawyer for Inga’s mother has appealed for police to reopen their investigation into her disappearance. “The file was closed only four weeks after the work began,” Petra Küllmei told the local newspaper Volksstimme. “I consider that lacking in ambition.”"
Madeleine McCann suspect being investigated over second missing girl

I think we have to be sophisticated about this: people who also have unresolved missing child cases are going to be very anxious to get the same kind of police attention as MM has got and have their case resolved. The problem is, in their cases, the little girl was wandering in the woods and may have died there. The little boy may have gone swimming alone and died. Unlike MM, these were not children who one can conclude were very probably abducted by a stranger. MOO

Last edited:
I am not sure that it is absurd for him to be seen by someone, with the child.

Both his vehicles were very distinctive. He wouldn't want to park them anywhere close to the resort that night. So how does he get the child to his vehicle?

I think he needed to carry her to his vehicle and try to act like a Dad with a sleeping child. JMO

Unless she was dead before she left the apartment. Then you’re perhaps looking at someone with a hold-all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiw1234