Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW, a mugshot is so artificial it won't jog any memory on my part.

Life pictures can jog memories much better.
A mugshot is a very artificial setting to the point it doesn't help jogging memories. In my humble experience FWIW
I think I heard this creepo has a FB page? I looked, but I just couldn't determine if the one I found is him or not. Sunglasses on and its amazing how sometimes people look so different from photo to photo.

Yes, in my opinion this is a spontaneous decision to release these facts because they desperately want to keep him in jail.

Are these things being told to the press by the police, German or otherwise, or is it the press coming up with missing kids in locations he’s known to have been just to continue getting clicks?

I'm feeling like a Negative Nelly today, but police do not convince judges of anything by releasing information to the media. Their lawyers appear formally before a judge in a courtroom, and follow long established legal rules to make a formal request to keep someone in jail. ETA, they then offer reasons based on laws, which judges consider. Judges are not swayed by what they read in the media, if they ever get to that point, so help us, we'll be in big trouble.
I don't know....I think judges do sometimes respond to public pressure. I think the public, from many countries, is questioning why a man who has 17 convictions of serious crimes including 3 child sexual assaults, rape and torture of a 72 yr old woman, various robberies, burglaries and drug trafficking convictions, can now walk free over extradition technicalities ...:mad:

Judges take a lot of things into account, when interpreting the law. Their rulings are based upon established laws but there is a lot of discretion and room for interpretation.

Are these things being told to the press by the police, German or otherwise, or is it the press coming up with missing kids in locations he’s known to have been just to continue getting clicks?
Good question. Maybe a little of each?

Exactly. Although, of course police have already looked at these other cases as well. And they've probably looked at all the cases in that area in Portugal when he lived there, hoping to find a case where there was DNA collected, for example. That would be simple to check his DNA against. Or a case where that kind of campervan was reported as seen in the area. But they're going to need stronger evidence than just 'he lived near there' to launch a full investigation, at least at this stage. MOO

In German law can he be questioned about this case.

Or do they need evidence first and charge him with being a suspect first. What is the process in Germany.

Does he have a right to silence and can he just make a no comment response and see what the police have got to stand up in court.

I don't know....I think judges do sometimes respond to public pressure. I think the public, from many countries, is questioning why a man who has 17 convictions of serious crimes including 3 child sexual assaults, rape and torture of a 72 yr old woman, various robberies, burglaries and drug trafficking convictions, can now walk free over extradition technicalities ...:mad:

Judges take a lot of things into account, when interpreting the law. Their rulings are based upon established laws but there is a lot of discretion and room for interpretation.

It's insane that he could be free soon. Should never be allowed to happen. He is incredibly dangerous.

Yes, in my opinion this is a spontaneous decision to release these facts because they desperately want to keep him in jail.
if they are responsible for releasing all this information, the police are going to look very reckless if they can't keep him in jail. he walks away this weekend, having been 'linked' to the disappearances of 5 children. they are painting him as a very dangerous person to be released to the streets. the counter point is, you would also fear for his safety against 'mob' violence if he is released.

hard to see what evidence they have to support this 'linking', other than dates he was in germany, and dates he was in portugal.

So I am just catching up properly with today’s news and am I reading these reports right?

Her disappearance on May 2, 2015 - almost eight years to the day after Madeleine vanished in Portugal on May 3, 2007 - was only 48 miles away from where Brueckner lived on the ramshackle five-acre in the isolated of village of Neuwegersleben, south-east of Hanover

48 miles is not exactly around the corner is it. I’m totally baffled by this connection. I am sure he wasn’t the only pedo in a 50 mile radius of the young girl.

If he gets out, as dangerous as he is alleged to be, CB is likely at this point to be the one most in danger.
The women he was once associated with must be feeling pretty nervous about his potential release, hope they are alive and well and located soon. imo speculation.
rbbm.
MADELEINE McCANN: Suspect also eyed in disappearance of German girl, 5
''German cops are racing against the clock to keep the prime suspect in the disappearance of British toddler Madeleine McCann behind bars.

According to reports, the suspect, identified as Christian Brueckner, is eligible for parole this weekend.''

''Investigators are now desperately trying to locate his ex-girlfriends, including a Kosovan woman who was the convicted rapist’s underage girlfriend and travelled with him to Portugal where Madeleine was kidnapped in 2007.

They are also trying to locate a German woman who walked out on Brueckner just days before the little girl vanished on May 3, 2007.''

Well in the case of Inga Gehricke, Christian B was already a suspect and had his property searched during the original investigation. The release of the MM info prompted the family of Inga to request that the property was searched again, and the police have obliged

In the case of Tristan Bruebach, the composite sketch of a person of interest looks strikingly similar to Christian B, so the media have linked the two together

True, but if he transferred title to an elderly friend in Germany who had not traveled out of the country, they would not be a suspect for long. JMO

holy eff....they must have something. Pictures, items, something to be bringing this all up.

Maybe they got onto this computer and he was using the dark web and followed his stuff there...just speculating

I would just like some information as to why the old discussions on this subject were taken down. I would like a free and fair discussion, but don’t want the thread closed. Can any members explain whet happened ? There was a long thread and then nothing .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiw1234