Magnotta March Prelim Hearing & Trial Day 1 - Sep 29, 2014 - Thread #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh....Schizophrenia, drug use, past sexual abuse, etc. All bull**** and he will be found guilty. Not sure if his prior animal abuse will factor in at all with this trial. He is done. JMO

Unfortunately, I do think he has a chance of walking with that diagnosis in 2005. They seem very light on criminally insane people here. IE-the doctor who drowned his two kids and was sent to a mental hospital for less then 2 years, and is now a free man.

I do plan on attending the trial if I can get in. I live 40 minutes from the court house. The

I only hope I don't get called for Jury duty...*groans* I can't watch those movies.

I haven't been on this thread in some time, and I just saw your post (and the related posts by others).

I do agree that the criminal system in Canada does take mental health issues into consideration, but, from my untrained eyes it seems that people who had a sudden, time-limited, break with reality are the ones that have received extra consideration, or those with a 'treatable' condition who had slipped through the cracks. Those with a history of ongoing antisocial behaviour, have not been given a "Get Out of Jail Free" card. For example, Russell Johnson, was found not guilty by reason of insanity in the murder of four women back in the 1970's (and not even tried for three other suspected victims). He is still incarcerated at Penetanguishene (a unit for the criminally insane) to this day in spite of his multi-year efforts to move to lower security facilities. He will never be released. IMO, of course.

I don't think that LM will receive a "GOOJF" card.

Regarding the doctor who drowned his two kids....I found it shocking because he seemed like a narcissistic, anti-social personality (TOTALLY a non-informed, non-professional opinion on my part!) and based on media reports it didn't seem like a simple break from reality. Obviously the initial finding was that it was.

This freak would fry in death penalty states in the U.S.

I want to know what other crimes he committed.

CBC News Alerts ‏@CBCAlerts 3m
Many potential jurors excused from #Magnotta trial proceedings say they're not bilingual enough to absorb evidence in French and English.

Well I'd be using that excuse too! ...not just because it would be true, but also, I just can't imagine how horrible it would be to be on this particular jury. They are going to hear things that they will never be able to 'unhear'.
:(

I think my husband might have been summoned for this jury. But he couldn't go because we live in Texas so he got an exemption.

@CBCAlerts
Crown tells Luka #Magnotta jury he will prove the murder of Jun Lin was planned 6 months ahead of actual crime. #Montreal

‏@CBCMontreal · 6m
Morning break over at #Magnotta trial. Defence Lawyer Luc Leclair will present his opening arguements

‏@mtlgazette · 29s
UPDATE: #Magnotta trial opens with shocking revelations by Crown. Read highlights from the opening address here: http://bit.ly/1vr4kr3

I've PMd a couple of mods to see if we can get a trial thread up and running.

This trial is in Quebec, so am wondering if that is why the news coming out seems pretty skimpy right now.

Thanks for keeping us updated sillybilly. I really think we should have a thread specifically for the trial to keep the info in one place.

MOO

Domenic Fazioli ‏@DomenicFazioli · 1m
Defence tells Luka Magnotta jury:"I intend to show you that Magnotta was not criminally responsible" pic.twitter.com/e79FozdGVZ

So he's going for an insanity plea? Does this jive with his run from the law?

‏@SGirouxCTV · 2m
First witness, Caroline Simoneau takes the stand. She's a police officer who worked on the crime scene #Magnotta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teemariee