Maketoast is no longer with WS

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Misty said:
Where did the original MakeToast get all those photos of JBR and the family for that website?

And, didn't MakeToast also use an email address: budrosser@mindspring.com. mindspring is based out of Atlanta, Georgia.

Tabloids, tabloids, and more tabloids...

My only MindSpring address is dshadow. Unless you're talking about the "new" maketoast in which case he was known to use at least 7 to 10 different e-mails/identities.

smile22 said:
maketoast and brandon or whatever the 2 people are he said something in the email to u about ebay taking over the site what does ebay have to do with the maketoast site i really dont know anything about nick maketoast and brandon, but him telling u that ebay wanted the site how does ebay fit into the whole site unless ebayt sells domain names? kinda confuses me and how old is this nick guy?

I think it was referring people to ebay for ad revenue. Whoever registered the domain when my ownership expired simply wanted to make money off of it. :doh:

I'm 23!

It never disturbed me that you "were 17",but "ya" know I never really believed that.
Maybe because I was an east european jew/amish woman who had to pedal her puter,or that sweet ,sweet Jackee (passed away about 4 yrs ago) was a young and vibrant new mother,(actually in her heart she was but in reality she was 67) The early days,on the net, gave way to a new use of anonymity that was not accessible in any other arena,and it was fun!. I particularly liked "hairy women" who was a hoot! I liked her soooo much she had to be a man,or I was having some "tendencies". LOL
Yep,that's how it WAS,all of us were something else in the early to mid nineties,and either you were the most mature 17 yr old living,or you never "fessed up".. :)
JMO

sissi said:
It never disturbed me that you "were 17",but "ya" know I never really believed that.
Maybe because I was an east european jew/amish woman who had to pedal her puter,or that sweet ,sweet Jackee (passed away about 4 yrs ago) was a young and vibrant new mother,(actually in her heart she was but in reality she was 67) The early days,on the net, gave way to a new use of anonymity that was not accessible in any other arena,and it was fun!. I particularly liked "hairy women" who was a hoot! I liked her soooo much she had to be a man,or I was having some "tendencies". LOL
Yep,that's how it WAS,all of us were something else in the early to mid nineties,and either you were the most mature 17 yr old living,or you never "fessed up".. :)
JMO

Aww, I enjoyed the fact that you gals were always skeptical of my age. I doubt I was the most mature 17-year-old, and I've certainly lost most of that maturity since then. :)

This is ,indeed,the original Toast,no doubts here:)
As you have matured,Toast,have your thoughts changed concerning the case?
Not that I am itimating that maturity should change your ideas,(stepping softly here), more in that much has been uncovered over the last few years that could exonerate the Ramseys. Were you at all impressed with Carnes decision?
JMO

*insert wavey guy here*
What happened to our little guy that waved anyway?? :waitasec:

becca said:
Babcat,
All professional photographers aren't like that.... I've been doing this for many years and I don't call what I do a scheme. Yes my photographs are copyrighted and I retain ownership of that. In order to use those same photographs in a public display, advertising or even on the wall of my studio I have to have a signed consent form. Can I use them with out a consent form not legally. Do some photographers do it , I'm sure they do. Will I ever ? Not a chance.
Sorry for butting in here but I had to stand up for those of us in the photography business that have some ethics.

I'm sorry if you thought I meant that all photographers were like that. I've dealt with some that are simply wonderful. It really only seems to be Olan Mills that are bad about the set-up scheme. Most tell you up front what the cost will be and what your package includes.

Several years ago we were in a real financial bind and simply couldn't afford to purchase any photographs (other than the basic school pictures) so I did some research and started taking the kids' pictures myself. I like doing it that way because I have a say in the poses and the backgrounds etc. And of course the kids are always more comfortable with me taking their pictures. Recently, in February, I received from my hubby a quite expensive and complicated digital camera for my birthday. As soon as I really figure this thing out I'm going to go pic nuts with the girls. I think they fear the day. :D

Hi Babcat,
Its ok... I understand what you are saying about some in this business. But I try to be honest and upfront with all my clients. There is no pressure at all in my studio.
Learn that camera - don't buy those school pictures. The company that does them here messed up on a lot of senior pictures. My studio picked up a few newbies thanks to them. Which is fine for me... but the parents weren't very happy with the deal from the school.
We are getting way off topic here... sorry everyone.

my dad used to be a wedding photographer and all his costs and stuff were put out front in the contract that they signed if they had a hard time paying up front he had payment options but they didnt get the pictures untill they were almost done paying or fully paid, to this day he still has pictures lying around of people who never paid him or came to pick up there stuff and when he tried to contact them the numbers they had listed were no longer accurate and the addreses were changed, as for owen mills u cant get like the negatves from them or they charge u for that 2?, his studio was in our house and he always let them know that he uses some peoples pictures for displays on the walls and maby an album or 2 to show his work and if they had problems with it he would note it on their contract, a good place to get pics done is pennys i got my hs sr pics done 5 years ago and they came out good and the price was resonable

Tricia said:
Why did the Maketoast we had at WS use several IP's from Georgia? Those IP's are a good 6 hours drive from his home state which is very close to Patsy's home state by the way.

I just don't know. I am glad that Nick, the original Maketoast, has contacted me to explain what he knows. I really appreciate that.

I'll keep you posted.
Tricia

Tricia - just FYI. My IP address will tell you that I am in the South of England. In fact, I am in teh North of Scotland - a good 14 hour drive from where my IP addy suggests I am :) The IP address will tell you the location of the Internet Service Provider and we just happen to use one which is located down South.

Geez Jayelles.... 14 hrs is a long way from you. The service must use 800 numbers for you to connect... or whatever the equivalent in the UK to 800 numbers are (if you are a dial-up customer). How do they even do direct cable connections? Or do they even offer that? Is the company just widespread all over the UK?

By the way, Jayelles. How have you been? I've got to send you a new picture of my oldest daughter, your look alike. :D

The dial-ups are charged at local rate thankfully. Also, remember that a 14 hour drive for us is NOT the equivalent to a 14 hour drive for you guys. Here in Northern Scotland, we still have many winding single-track roads with "passing places" (the Romans never made it this far North - my painted warrior ancestors sceamed obscenities at them and frightened them off!). A two lane road would be considered a 'motorway' in some parts of Scotland ;-)

How is my little doppelganger?

Jayelles said:
Here in Northern Scotland, we still have many winding single-track roads with "passing places" (the Romans never made it this far North - my painted warrior ancestors sceamed obscenities at them and frightened them off!) ...

Ah ... actually, it was probably more your ancestor's stark naked bodies running at them in battle that scared the Romans more than anything. It was a relief to everyone when your grandpappys started wearing kilts! :)

IMO

HaHaHa!!! I just love how a thread is shaped and molded and turns out nothing like it started - sorta like teenagers!! :cool:

DP... :laugh:

It is probably because most of us HAVE teenagers and now this convoluted style of conversation actually sounds correct! :confused:

Babcat said:
DP... :laugh:

It is probably because most of us HAVE teenagers and now this convoluted style of conversation actually sounds correct! :confused:

Isn't that the truth? LOL What I love about teenagers is that they think we're so dumb!!! :rolleyes:

River I have no idea if Nick is behind all of this. Here is what I know now.

In my opinion the real owner of the maketoast site is a 19 year old kid named Brandon Havens.

On one of Brandon's websites back in 2002 he listed working on the "Maketoast" site as one of his credits. The maketoast site owned by Nick. That "credit" shortly disappeared after we found it. Brandon and Nick do know each other. Here is the site that I am talking about. Trust me the maketoast mention was there. I have a screen shot of it somewhere I believe. http://www.mcps.org/auburn/author/Author.html

Why were we looking? Because on Forums for Justice a poster named dutch was claiming he was in Salt Lake City helping the family of Elizabeth Smart. Dutch said he was a retired detective from North Carolina who spent his own money to go to Salt Lake to help the Smarts. He posted about his meetings with them and his involvement in the Smart case.

Needless to say it was a total lie. The Smarts were not pleased that someone was claiming to be in their inner circle helping them search for Elizabeth and then posting about it. In addition to impersonating a retired police officer.

Through some great detective work by a poster named VP we found that "dutch" was really a then 17 year old kid named Brandon Havens. Brandon had given someone his number and we called it. His step-mommy answered and said Brandon was in school.

Brandon wrote me an email admitting his lies. Interestingly it was very similar to the email the new maketoast sent me admitting he was Richard.

So we know Nick (the original maketoast) and Brandon (the new maketoast) are connected from our research in 2002. I understand Nick claims he doesn't know who owns the maketoast site now. Nick is lying through his teeth because here is the text of the email Brandon sent me explaining how he has communicated with Nick and how he (Brandon) is buying the maketoast site. From Nov. 2002.

To: "Tricia" <tgrif@xmission.com>
Sent: Saturday, November 09, 2002 9:29 AM
Subject: Re: maketoast

> Tricia,
> Hey, sorry for the delay. I had a football game
> last night our last one (Senior Night for our band)
> and I am just now getting around to checking my mail.
> Maketoast. It is a wonderful site. Several months ago
> I talked to Mr. Nick Williams about buying the domain
> and the rest of the site from him. Somewhere along
> that time, "Maketoast.com" was hi-jacked as he put it
> by some of the people who own ebay.com. I didn't know
> this at the time and so I contacted Nick again about
> the domain in which he told me about it being stolen.
> I guess he had forgot to renew the name. As you might
> know, Nick was also the former owner of the
> "Offthesubject.com" domain name which he let me take
> over or registure. So I really wanted this domain so I
> had my Uncle contact Nick and ebay in which ebay has
> decided to sell us the domain name for $300. This I am
> willing to pay. So sence I am in the process of buying
> the "Maketoast.com" domain name, I told Nick that I
> would buy it and I would be willing to give it back to
> him free of charge sence it was his to begin with. He
> said not to worry about it, so I asked him about using
> the contents in the way they were before the site
> closed and he said no problem. So now I am in the
> middle of buying the domain from ebay and I now own
> the other aspects of the site. I am still willing to
> give it back to him sence they took it but he won't
> hear of it so I am planing once I finish buying
> everything, to dedicate a special page to Nick and the
> past history of Maketoast! Again sorry for the delay,
> sometimes I hate being a Senior, what to do? lol.
> Ok. If you think of something else, feel free to let
> me know.
> Best,
> -Brandon-

Fast forward to this mess. We have "maketoast" admitting to me he was Richard. I had accused the new maketoast of being Brandon. The same Brandon that posed as dutch on FFJ in the summer of 2002. Which he denied. But since Brandon is not the sharpest knife in the drawer it was easy to prove the new maketoast was Brandon. The new Maketoast tried to sell some NASCAR items on WS. The name he gave to address the money to?

BRANDON..Yes indeed. He gave his name as Brandon and then a P.O. Box listed in the same city where we called Brandon Haven's step-mommy in 2002.

The same Brandon that listed work on the original Maketoast site as one of his credits on one of his websites.

To review quickly.

Brandon posed as a retired police officer to try and insert himself in the Smart case. He admitted he was guilty of this in an email in 2002.

This same Brandon did work for the old Maketoast site owned by Nick and communicated directly with Nick concerning the purchase of the maketoast site. Even offering to let Nick have it back if he wanted. For Nick to claim he doesn't know who owns it is such a lie I am speechless.

The "new" maketoast wrote a really stupid email to me, using an alias, saying a petition was being drawn up to have me removed as the owner of WS.

The "new" maketoast admitted he wrote the petition email yet denied being Brandon.

The "new" maketoast gave his name as Brandon to people purchasing NASCAR items from him. Also gave a P.O. Box in the same town in which Brandon Havens was from.

The original maketoast, Nick, claims not to know the new maketoast. Yet the new maketoast, Brandon, did work for his site a few years ago.

The questions are many.

Why did Brandon try and buy up ACandyRose's site?

Why did Brandon, posing as someone who followed the JBR case and just now wanted to get involved, jump into WS three days after my first attempt at ownership failed.

Why did Brandon suck up to River and take all the work load off of her?

What was he trying to accomplish?

Why did Brandon write that really dumb email to me? Why did he want me gone as the owner of WS?

Why on Brandon's site www.maketoast.com is the second most prolific poster Susan Bennett?

Why does the original owner of maketoast deny that he knows the new owner when in fact they have worked together before?

By the way in addition to the hat maketoast Brandon uses Sky Justice.

Brandon aka maketoast had IP's from not only his home state but from Atlanta and Texas. I doubt if he traveled to those areas. I am guessing he let others use his hat.

The only thing Brandon was allowed to do other than post was to delete threads and posts. He had no other privileges.

All of this stinks. As does everything in the Ramsey case.

I am still investigating and will continue to make public everything I find.

If anyone has any more information please PM me or email me at tgrif@xmission.com

Thanks
River I have no idea if Nick is behind all of this. Here is what I know now.

In my opinion the real owner of the maketoast site is a 19 year old kid named Brandon Havens.

On one of Brandon's websites back in 2002 he listed working on the "Maketoast" site as one of his credits. The maketoast site owned by Nick. That "credit" shortly disappeared after we found it. Brandon and Nick do know each other. Here is the site that I am talking about. Trust me the maketoast mention was there. I have a screen shot of it somewhere I believe. http://www.mcps.org/auburn/author/Author.html

Why were we looking? Because on Forums for Justice a poster named dutch was claiming he was in Salt Lake City helping the family of Elizabeth Smart. Dutch said he was a retired detective from North Carolina who spent his own money to go to Salt Lake to help the Smarts. He posted about his meetings with them and his involvement in the Smart case.

Needless to say it was a total lie. The Smarts were not pleased that someone was claiming to be in their inner circle helping them search for Elizabeth and then posting about it. In addition to impersonating a retired police officer.

Through some great detective work by a poster named VP we found that "dutch" was really a then 17 year old kid named Brandon Havens. Brandon had given someone his number and we called it. His step-mommy answered and said Brandon was in school.

Brandon wrote me an email admitting his lies. Interestingly it was very similar to the email the new maketoast sent me admitting he was Richard.

So we know Nick (the original maketoast) and Brandon (the new maketoast) are connected from our research in 2002. I understand Nick claims he doesn't know who owns the maketoast site now. Nick is lying through his teeth because here is the text of the email Brandon sent me explaining how he has communicated with Nick and how he (Brandon) is buying the maketoast site. From Nov. 2002.

To: "Tricia" <tgrif@xmission.com>
Sent: Saturday, November 09, 2002 9:29 AM
Subject: Re: maketoast

> Tricia,
> Hey, sorry for the delay. I had a football game
> last night our last one (Senior Night for our band)
> and I am just now getting around to checking my mail.
> Maketoast. It is a wonderful site. Several months ago
> I talked to Mr. Nick Williams about buying the domain
> and the rest of the site from him. Somewhere along
> that time, "Maketoast.com" was hi-jacked as he put it
> by some of the people who own ebay.com. I didn't know
> this at the time and so I contacted Nick again about
> the domain in which he told me about it being stolen.
> I guess he had forgot to renew the name. As you might
> know, Nick was also the former owner of the
> "Offthesubject.com" domain name which he let me take
> over or registure. So I really wanted this domain so I
> had my Uncle contact Nick and ebay in which ebay has
> decided to sell us the domain name for $300. This I am
> willing to pay. So sence I am in the process of buying
> the "Maketoast.com" domain name, I told Nick that I
> would buy it and I would be willing to give it back to
> him free of charge sence it was his to begin with. He
> said not to worry about it, so I asked him about using
> the contents in the way they were before the site
> closed and he said no problem. So now I am in the
> middle of buying the domain from ebay and I now own
> the other aspects of the site. I am still willing to
> give it back to him sence they took it but he won't
> hear of it so I am planing once I finish buying
> everything, to dedicate a special page to Nick and the
> past history of Maketoast! Again sorry for the delay,
> sometimes I hate being a Senior, what to do? lol.
> Ok. If you think of something else, feel free to let
> me know.
> Best,
> -Brandon-

Fast forward to this mess. We have "maketoast" admitting to me he was Richard. I had accused the new maketoast of being Brandon. The same Brandon that posed as dutch on FFJ in the summer of 2002. Which he denied. But since Brandon is not the sharpest knife in the drawer it was easy to prove the new maketoast was Brandon. The new Maketoast tried to sell some NASCAR items on WS. The name he gave to address the money to?

BRANDON..Yes indeed. He gave his name as Brandon and then a P.O. Box listed in the same city where we called Brandon Haven's step-mommy in 2002.

The same Brandon that listed work on the original Maketoast site as one of his credits on one of his websites.

To review quickly.

Brandon posed as a retired police officer to try and insert himself in the Smart case. He admitted he was guilty of this in an email in 2002.

This same Brandon did work for the old Maketoast site owned by Nick and communicated directly with Nick concerning the purchase of the maketoast site. Even offering to let Nick have it back if he wanted. For Nick to claim he doesn't know who owns it is such a lie I am speechless.

The "new" maketoast wrote a really stupid email to me, using an alias, saying a petition was being drawn up to have me removed as the owner of WS.

The "new" maketoast admitted he wrote the petition email yet denied being Brandon.

The "new" maketoast gave his name as Brandon to people purchasing NASCAR items from him. Also gave a P.O. Box in the same town in which Brandon Havens was from.

The original maketoast, Nick, claims not to know the new maketoast. Yet the new maketoast, Brandon, did work for his site a few years ago.

The questions are many.

Why did Brandon try and buy up ACandyRose's site?

Why did Brandon, posing as someone who followed the JBR case and just now wanted to get involved, jump into WS three days after my first attempt at ownership failed.

Why did Brandon suck up to River and take all the work load off of her?

What was he trying to accomplish?

Why did Brandon write that really dumb email to me? Why did he want me gone as the owner of WS?

Why on Brandon's site www.maketoast.com is the second most prolific poster Susan Bennett?

Why does the original owner of maketoast deny that he knows the new owner when in fact they have worked together before?

By the way in addition to the hat maketoast Brandon uses Sky Justice.

Brandon aka maketoast had IP's from not only his home state but from Atlanta and Texas. I doubt if he traveled to those areas. I am guessing he let others use his hat.

The only thing Brandon was allowed to do other than post was to delete threads and posts. He had no other privileges.

All of this stinks. As does everything in the Ramsey case.

I am still investigating and will continue to make public everything I find.

If anyone has any more information please PM me or email me at tgrif@xmission.com

Thanks
Tricia

19 Years Later . . . .

Howdy, Tricia.

Please, please, tell the MakeToast story on your radio show! Or follow-up here. Either way, the MT story deserves to be dusted off and revisited.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
disturbedprincess6
Back